UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 30th 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor

Knight
Re: Changes - August 30th 2009

Or just make an np called you see Then make them say this house is .....
and add it in front of them lol.

Fides

Sorceror

shindig;1949344 said:
...why don't you make it so razor can't feed your pets, unattended? I mean it will give each pet a ribs then delay as long as you want, it can heal last target so basically you can train mares and pets unattended using it, that's way more involved than timing a house.

Totally agree with you. If your going to take this unattended "advantage" away. Whos to say your not going to start taking other ones away.

Is the staff turning into an OSI and going to start taking unattended macroing away in other aspects? Sure! while your at it throw in powerhour to feed the playerbase who are unchanged by the update as a reason for them to gloat or praise the changes! (Thats exactly what OSI did btw)

and again...if you didn't play OSI and weren't around where you had to deal with their bullshit this goes to the staff as well, do not reply to my post because I won't consider it a valid response...you were born in trammel...therefore I disregard your presence and opinions).

*For future reference when the staff screws something over with an update: Add a little thing in there that benefits a certain percentage of the playerbase to get a liiiiittle more support of the update ;) It's called floating Just a tip ;)*

Countessa

Knight

Fides you comments are coming close to staff/shard bashing. Just a warning.

and btw, you are wrong. Sorry you lost your crutch.

Countessa;1949207 said:
lol
I'm baiting you and you make it hard to stop. lol
[SIZE=+2]
Trolling:
[/SIZE]
A ‘Forum Troll’ is a person who intentionally attempts to cause disruption, often by posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others. Such behavior will not be tolerated.

shindig

Sorceror

If sysmessage ('GM')
pause 1 second
Say: Hey, how's it going...
pause: 5 seconds
Say: Oh nah man, I was taking a dump.
pause: 3 seconds
Say: You know, I think I'm gonna call it a night
pause: 2 seconds
run macro logout

Else if sysmessage('Counselor').......

Repeat as needed

The IDOC guilds basically run the racket on timing houses.. They are full of crap if they say their not using extra programs.. And who would be using extra tricks to emulate clicks ?

The ones who smelt it, dealt it ! All the cryers about the item id glitch are the ones! I point my finger of stink at you!

I think the GMs did a right thing; and if it drives you (afk house timers) to using progs well i hope you get detected!

It is extremely difficult to place a plot if you arent in an IDOC guild.. You've got to admit, theres sort of a monopoly on whos getting the plot.. All because of timing; who ever timed it, shows up two minutes beforehand.. wipes out all the hiddens and evicts the squatters, holds down the turf and places.

This is more fair for the individual player whom is not in an idoc guild... For you idoc-only guilds, it must suck.. but we know you'll adapt..
(probably not the legal way though)

Mrdude

Wanderer

Sheivan01;1949341 said:
That patch is awesome.

IP and <3 member should just stfu about this and start doing it the LEGIT way (The razor macro was obviously not legit, youll now have to run arround CLICKING house signs to find idocs, isnt it awesome?)

I'm an old +20 member, and I can tell you that there are many many times that we, nor I P, got the placement or the loot simply because one person got the exact time and looted/placed it. and many times these people weren't guilded and were your regular weekend warriors. though many people accused both guilds of scripting, it was rare and untrue. in fact you'll see a lot more scripting at the 7x duel pits then you'll see at idocs and field pvp (which may now be all but dead and gone... thanks guys).

furthermore, I don't think you quite understand how IDOCs work; people actually do go out and look for IDOCs, the macro was only used for timing after you've found a GW.

as far as i know this was the only way to time IDOCs legally, and it was a HUGE bonus to players such as myself who quite simply don't have as much time to play as others and still want to IDOC successfully. running around looking for a GW then putting your timer on it and rezzing it 5-6 times in a period of 3 hours isn't what you call fun, and never has been. what this update has done is essentially limited the number of people that will do IDOCs and won't be there when the thing falls, thus steering people from your #1 field-based pvp activity.

as for factioning being the #1 activity that brings in the players is not a realistic statistic. i can tell you (and without much doubt) that the majority of factioners also have IDOCers and that's where they get their money to supply their faction-pvp chars. faction-pvp on this server is extremely over-stated, and in my opinion, in fact slow and boring. I've had loads of more fun at IDOCs 30mins to an hour before it falls. we'd always log on our reds, the 10-15 of us, and run thru an idoc to clear out the blues waiting, even when most other guilds would just log blue and wait. I've been at many houses where there's been 4-5 gates from britain and at least 50 people at the house waiting for it to fall; these things quite simply won't be happening anymore, and nor should they as players such as myself no longer will have the incentive, the time, nor the capacity to bring these things about (at least legally).

EDIT: i'd like to see a legal way of timing IDOCs while afk that the staff can support. Make it public either on the forums or Q/A so everyone has a fair shake, big guilds or no guild at all. An alternative could be reducing the time a house is IDOC, or goes IDOC, thus increasing the number of houses that will fall (albeit very slightly, so i'm not sure how wise that would be).

namlamina

Sorceror

Sheivan01;1949341 said:
That patch is awesome.

IP and <3 member should just stfu about this and start doing it the LEGIT way (The razor macro was obviously not legit, youll now have to run arround CLICKING house signs to find idocs, isnt it awesome?)

How about you do not talk if you do not know what you're talking about? Players used this to time houses, not find FWs / GWs / IDOCs. We always have done the finding legitimately.

Global pilcher;1949379 said:
The IDOC guilds basically run the racket on timing houses.. They are full of crap if they say their not using extra programs.. And who would be using extra tricks to emulate clicks ?

The ones who smelt it, dealt it ! All the cryers about the item id glitch are the ones! I point my finger of stink at you!

I think the GMs did a right thing; and if it drives you (afk house timers) to using progs well i hope you get detected!

It is extremely difficult to place a plot if you arent in an IDOC guild.. You've got to admit, theres sort of a monopoly on whos getting the plot.. All because of timing; who ever timed it, shows up two minutes beforehand.. wipes out all the hiddens and evicts the squatters, holds down the turf and places.

This is more fair for the individual player whom is not in an idoc guild... For you idoc-only guilds, it must suck.. but we know you'll adapt..

The staff and forum community should have been aware of this bug for well over a year, because it has been posted on the forums numerous times for anyone to use.

GimpCent

Knight

So Idocs is sort of like factioning, pking or anything else without a guild.... a little bit harder...

Think before you post.....

shindig

Sorceror

I thought this was hybrid, the no bullshit no trammel cover your own ass or bend over server. I mean you can scam people, you can do all types of shit that really inconveniences people.

Have you thought about joining an idoc guild if they're the only ones placing? Have you thought about using a stealth placer? Have you thought about having a tactic when the idoc falls? If you answer no to any of these questions you shouldn't be complaining.

You want IDOCing to be easy? Maybe we should all be on blues and then no red guild can take us over? Why not trammify a perimeter 10 tiles around any falling house where blues can complain to each other about why they've been sitting there for 8 hours and it being worthless because it doesn't fall for an additional 6+ hours. Sounds awsome.

Here is Idoc 101:
I had a 3 hour window on this just so ya know

Notice that both Gotrek and Poki are probably clicking really fast with their cursor so when someone pics up that wolf statue a house will go down instantly.

I had a char that could rez with some placement tools hidden a few screens away on a second client so I could rez if I died.

I stealthed into a place I'd scouted while everyone was fighting and blamo when it fell I dropped a house in the center to block as much territory as possible and start locking down whatever I can grab.

Shit's not easy...

Attachments

• idocplacing101WEB.jpg
    idocplacing101WEB.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 122

Stides40oz

Knight

why dont u guys complaining just use easyuo too? I mean somebody is gona use it, so why not be you? lol

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

nicchren;1949103 said:
Really if everyone stopped donating and Ryan had to pay out of his pocket you really think this sever would be what it is

Yes - I paid for it out of pocket for many years before donations were involved.

Trevor

Knight

Ryan;1949415 said:
Yes - I paid for it out of pocket for many years before donations were involved.
but you hosted it out of a closet then though?

Not as much as a data center rental is.

You hit the nail on the head, then veered far off point.

The big idoc guilds, whether condoned by those who run the guild or not have people out there using extra programs to time these houses.

The ones "crying" are NOT the ones doing this, because the ones using outside programs are completely unaffected. The ones "crying" are the ones who realize how many people out there ARE script timing, while they are using the tool they were given to get the job done.

It will be HARDER for the individual. Because even assuming the major IDOC guilds don't cheat they will have an entire guild there holding down the area, revealing and killing off all outsiders who are waiting. As an individual before you could time, stealth in just before it fell and ninja place. Now you will have to fight off entire guilds solo for hours.

But you are right that people will adapt with illegal ways, cheaters will be helped and those who only use Razor will lose out.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

trevorc21;1949416 said:
but you hosted it out of a closet then though?

Not as much as a data center rental is.

Actually - you dont know what you're talking about.

I spent many tens of thousands of dollars of my own money hosting this entire network at EV1 servers, The Planet, Rackspace, Softlayer and others... the ONLY time it was not in a 'true' datacenter was when I was in Iraq making shit money and not getting paid by my day job.

I dont think you people have any concept how much this project has cost me out of my own pocket to run.

Trevor

Knight

I saw we should stop fighting this and go back to fighting the pots aoe thing. Know how many times i have gotten whacked factioning and pvp on my red? So gay when people attack me run in town while i am in mid pot and i get whacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.