UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Doom and Things (Re: 17 days in Doom)

Lucifall

Knight
lol Favorable towards high luck Hi damage? ? lol I think not. Thats what I just whined about.
I vote revert until you get a system where the points actually properly affect "INDIVIDUAL" characters drops based on work the put in. I dont care if so many arties dropped per second because that did nothing for me not getting a single drop.

It's favorable to high luck high damage. That doesn't means its less busted tho.

mytilus

Sorceror
It's favorable to high luck high damage. That doesn't means its less busted tho.

At first I had some issues with the way the system worked but in actuality the added emphasis on luck is a great thing. I haven't been to doom in a long long time but when I did I was usually tanking with gd and casting in wraith from with slayer books and about 1400 luck suit. Always crap items dropped and I always swore that luck was busted here. Then one day I learned it was only top damager whose luck was considered and that was usually some dexxer dude with no luck at all maybe just a small amount for partial perfection bonus. It will be pretty nice to maybe see some nice items being pulled from there with many more people stacking luck there.

Also... I hear a lot of people crying because they say it is not fair that people with godly suits or godly gear will be able to stack more luck and do more dps and therefore get the most artifacts. Where is the end game content for those people who choose to only pvm? If anybody could get the same amount of points for any mediocre suit than there is not really much incentive to improve upon the mediocre. Sure there will be those who are ocd like me and obsess about creating only the perfect suit but for many people if there is not reason to improve then they probably wont bother so I really like this aspect. Anybody with enough skill to get looting rights can still come and kill mobs and they are guaranteed to get points and at some point in time guaranteed to get an artifact. People who have taken the time to grind and put together a nice suit will be rewarded the most. Not much different than other spawns, a guy who has taken the time to build a nice suit is going to consistently pull better items from say yamandon spawn than somebody who is wearing trash items. But the best part as I said above is with everybody stacking so much luck any new player can have a chance to really hit the jackpot and find something much more valuable than an orny even. Some jewels can trade for inquis (100kk value) or hundreds of millions in gold pieces. Now you are talking about a payday =]

Drucilia

Knight
they preffer to shrink the player base here by making items more unless unavailable to most normal players.
Even at a drop rate of 1 in 50 rounds i could spend 6 years in gaunt and never drop an orny.

SCV

Wanderer
Also... I hear a lot of people crying because they say it is not fair that people with godly suits or godly gear will be able to stack more luck and do more dps and therefore get the most artifacts. Where is the end game content for those people who choose to only pvm? If anybody could get the same amount of points for any mediocre suit than there is not really much incentive to improve upon the mediocre. Sure there will be those who are ocd like me and obsess about creating only the perfect suit but for many people if there is not reason to improve then they probably wont bother so I really like this aspect. Anybody with enough skill to get looting rights can still come and kill mobs and they are guaranteed to get points and at some point in time guaranteed to get an artifact. People who have taken the time to grind and put together a nice suit will be rewarded the most. Not much different than other spawns, a guy who has taken the time to build a nice suit is going to consistently pull better items from say yamandon spawn than somebody who is wearing trash items. But the best part as I said above is with everybody stacking so much luck any new player can have a chance to really hit the jackpot and find something much more valuable than an orny even. Some jewels can trade for inquis (100kk value) or hundreds of millions in gold pieces. Now you are talking about a payday =]

This is basically what I have been saying all along, in a never ending game such as an mmo you need high end content, if not people will get tired of playing after a short amount of time.
Also there should be a reward for the players that spend time in this shard.

Lucifall

Knight
This is basically what I have been saying all along, in a never ending game such as an mmo you need high end content, if not people will get tired of playing after a short amount of time.
Also there should be a reward for the players that spend time in this shard.

There should be end game. What there shouldn't be is a indirect incentive to AFK or semi-afk gameplay (Bods, quests, etc.) because one of the ways of getting items is hard as hell (and not just hard) to get a reward from.

Reactions: Diz

Drucilia

Knight
Ur not making items hard to get. For example I see plenty of folks logging in characters non-stop collecting bods in different places in the world.
Tells me ur system isnt working. When I am better collecting bods to buy an item then i am playing to game.

The few idiots agreeing with your system are the couple who got the pure sht luck of this system rewarding them.

Reximus

Page
the whole reason for changing to this points based system is to reward players for their hard work instead of just doling out arties based on shit ass luck like it did before...

who knew EOS would fail at math so hard and write a formula that only benefits sampires and hell hound tamers, whilst screwing everyone else.

Kiluad

Sorceror
who knew EOS would fail at math so hard and write a formula that only benefits sampires and hell hound tamers, whilst screwing everyone else.

That's exactly the reason this server has had a bad go at attracting developers, insulting people who are doing good work. I might not agree with the reasoning used to have the gauntlet set the way it is, but to try an insult Eos's competency at doing what she's doing, is pathetic.

If you have nothing constructive to give to the cnversation, opt out of it. don't simply start throwing unfounded insults around.

You are exactly the reason this server has as little content as it does. point out where things are wrong, don't insult the people who are doing their best to make things right. Make a case, and build it against the actual issue on the server, not against the people involved. Ad hominems are probably the lowest form of debate.

Drucilia

Knight
sampire scores perfection (1000luck) + luck on his suit which doesnt need resists becoz he is a leech. has well over max luxk out damages tamers

Drucilia

Knight
sampire already has 1400 luck on suit.? perfection is just a bonus. the formula probably doesnt allow for perfection over normal luck cap

RLSpker

Wanderer
The idea of a point system is great, it's just the execution of it at this point.

Up the chance of a drop a bit, and should be good. I've over 80 rounds now, and no arty to my name. It's a better idea to farm blood elements to make money, instead of hoping for a drop.