UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Doom and Things (Re: 17 days in Doom)

Supercreep

Sorceror
People wont agree with this, but here goes.

People got fed up because they did countless rounds with seemingly no end. Personally I think the new point system and drop rate could have stayed the same if people had the option to see their points accumulate all along.

If you could watch your progress and know that anytime between now and the time you hit the magic number that something would drop, your fears of getting nothing for all the effort would be quelled.

In short, the light at the end of the tunnel would be visible. I think that while doing endless loops would be mind numbing, you would know that at some point your efforts would be rewarded, even if it was a Taskmaster.

Facko

Sorceror
People wont agree with this, but here goes.

People got fed up because they did countless rounds with seemingly no end. Personally I think the new point system and drop rate could have stayed the same if people had the option to see their points accumulate all along.

If you could watch your progress and know that anytime between now and the time you hit the magic number that something would drop, your fears of getting nothing for all the effort would be quelled.

In short, the light at the end of the tunnel would be visible. I think that while doing endless loops would be mind numbing, you would know that at some point your efforts would be rewarded, even if it was a Taskmaster.

People got fed up because they literally went years getting nothing from doom beyond some jewelry here and there. I don't think that there needs to be a way to see your accumulated points as long as you know there's a guaranteed drop system in place. I still think that it's too low but it's a step in the right direction and I'm always glad to know that the staff listens. As it stands now it feels like a full-time job, if not worse.

Craudiator

Sorceror
there are a simple answer to solve this problem

release the cooperative collections... there are many itens to fit templates, and will decrease the demand to artifacts

Francini

Sorceror
[/quote="I don't expect many people to read this post in its entirely, but if you, Francini, are one of those people, then I salute you. Any further questions will have to wait until my keyboard replenishes its ink.[/quote]

;)

Ohhhh...

I appreciate the attention, so expect updates.

And there we go to Doom! :cool:

Regards

Lucifall

Knight
That's crap, the chances should be better, but knowing when you will get one takes the mystery out of "rare" drops.

It's pseudo-random. It can not be known, even if we know the points awarded and how much we currently have. The most we can have is an estimate.

Supercreep

Sorceror
It's pseudo-random. It can not be known, even if we know the points awarded and how much we currently have. The most we can have is an estimate.

This was my point. Even though the points system is in place, you still had a chance for a random drop anytime. It was my understanding that with the point system, when you hit the points you were guaranteed a drop. My thoughts were that if you knew where you your points were, at least you knew something was going to drop.

I don't think that there needs to be a way to see your accumulated points as long as you know there's a guaranteed drop system in place.

I totally get this, but if you could see where you were at, there is some piece of mind. You could see your goal coming closer if you had done endless loops with nothing to show for it.

Think about it, if you had done fifty loops with nothing, but could see your points and knew something was coming, you would be less likely to to just say fuck it and bail. After all the the time you had spent down there you would at the very least keep going until you hit your points, got your drop and then take a break from it, or not...

Think about it this way. If skill gain was extremely random, took forever to see a gain, and you didn't know the cap, you might stop at eighty magery out of frustration. That being said if the circumstances were the same but you knew the cap was 120 and you had made it to 117, you would know that you are close. With all the work you put into it to get to 117, you would keep going until you got 120.

Atleast make it so that the bosses drop loot like they did before.. Now if you don't get an artifact you don't get anything.

Lucifall

Knight
Atleast make it so that the bosses drop loot like they did before.. Now if you don't get an artifact you don't get anything.

Tbh I am getting sick stuff from them... sure, they can't compete with ML mobs (and they should be able to...) but they do give good loot from time to time.

Yeah, but you use to be able to go to doom and have a nice loot pack instead of 2 items on each mob, guess it's based off damage in there..

Lucifall

Knight
Yeah, but you use to be able to go to doom and have a nice loot pack instead of 2 items on each mob, guess it's based off damage in there..

Oh, that's instanced loot. They have the same drop as before, but each person gets a share for themselves instead of being able to see and loot everything.

Yeah, I understand it's balanced, but without putting out 200 damage a hit you're not gonna get any loot packs.. So you already have to have some of the best gear in the game just to get decent loot?

Lucifall

Knight
Yeah, I understand it's balanced, but without putting out 200 damage a hit you're not gonna get any loot packs.. So you already have to have some of the best gear in the game just to get decent loot?

Don't really need that much damage to get your share of the loot. Only need loot rights.

walleye

Squire
Increasing the drop rate would be welcomed. Now if we could get at our bank box to unload loot considering the length of time having to spend in Gauntlet would be cool.

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
Disagree, it does reward richer players over newer ones but you can get a decent di/hci suit relatively cheap....the bow would be the mopst expensive part but a night reaper can be bought for 500k.
Stormgrip/RBC/Ornate crown/ hci/di jewels, and some garbage stam inc hrsk gear (not worrying about resists AT ALL) is really cheap and gets you to 160di quick..in waraith with a compsotie you doing 150 AI, with honor 200 dmg AI