UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Workout regiment

WillyDaSquid

Sorceror
Re: Workout regiment

Reign Flame;2141256 said:
I can agree there. Could also play your own movies/tv/music, if you had that kind of set up. I guess if I had the money to have a proper home gym, even if it wasn't huge or as expensive as they can get, I would. Just invite friends over! *laughs*

The other day I was up a level on the bike and could see down to the weights below. A woman was wearing the shortest work-out shorts, with knee high socks (wtf), a top that could barely hold in her fake boobs (they were HORRIBLE looking) and she was do a weight-type machine where she bends her knees. She was wearing no underwear. I could see right at her crotch and I nearly wanted to throw up. Even though I was way above her, even those standing around her would be able to see. So yeah, the privacy would be very nice.

reign im having trouble putting this in perspective.. next time you see this lady please take a few sample pictures for me to visualize this person.. if you could.. i would also need a small clip of her doing some squats..

Mara

Knight

Thankyou for the kind words. I try to be reasonable. I don't always succeed, but I try.

Rasah

Sorceror

andrewUO6529;2140995 said:
I consume 1 gallon of water or nearly 1 gallon daily!

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liter. If you are lifting everyday then 1 gallon is fine on those heavy work out days.. but that's more than necessary if not too much for off-days:

Water: How much should you drink every day? - MayoClinic.com
MayoClinic said:
So how much water does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? In general, doctors recommend 8 or 9 cups. Here are the most common ways of calculating that amount:

* Replacement approach. The average urine output for adults is about 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) a day. You lose close to an additional liter (about 4 cups) of water a day through breathing, sweating and bowel movements. Food usually accounts for 20 percent of your total fluid intake, so if you consume 2 liters of water or other beverages a day (a little more than 8 cups) along with your normal diet, you will typically replace your lost fluids.
* Eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Another approach to water intake is the "8 x 8 rule" — drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 1.9 liters). The rule could also be stated, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," as all fluids count toward the daily total. Although the approach really isn't supported by scientific evidence, many people use this easy-to-remember rule as a guideline for how much water and other fluids to drink.
* Dietary recommendations. The Institute of Medicine advises that men consume roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day and women consume 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.

and I have a bowflex sitting in the garage that my cousin bought and it never gets used... We tried it out for about 2 weeks and then said," fuck it" and went to the gym.

andrewUO6529

Sorceror

Rasah;2141339 said:
1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liter. If you are lifting everyday then 1 gallon is fine on those heavy work out days.. but that's more than necessary if not too much for off-days:

Water: How much should you drink every day? - MayoClinic.com

and I have a bowflex sitting in the garage that my cousin bought and it never gets used... We tried it out for about 2 weeks and then said," fuck it" and went to the gym.

The color of my urine tells me how much I am/need to be drinking, so of course I know all them things xD, but ya rarely do i drink a full gallon unless its a heavy workout, but every day its near a gallon :p

Rasah

Sorceror

That was more for others than you... I didn't want anyone thinking they had to drink a gallon a day because in most cases they shouldn't.

andrewUO6529

Sorceror

Rasah;2141378 said:
That was more for others than you... I didn't want anyone thinking they had to drink a gallon a day because in most cases they shouldn't.

Drinking a gallon of water a day may sound like excessive intake, but actually it is a low number. Health statistics show that drinking water actually helps our body to lose excess fat, aids in proper digestion and helps to rid the body of excess water. To enjoy significant results from drinking water, it is ideal to consume about a gallon of water per day.

It really doesn't matter who you are, if you knew how good it was for you.. then you would be doing it too. A gallon at or near is pretty common amounts of drinkage in terms of a healthy person xD.

Especially if you take supplements such as creatine, you better be drinking a lot of water =P!

bk0811

Knight

Yeah they say that an inactive person is still supposed to drink eight, 8 oz glasses of water per day. If you're active then you're definitely supposed to be drinking more.

Reign Flame;2140771 said:
If you're just now getting into it, I wouldn't try to do EVERYTHING all at once and/or for a long period of time. Your body isn't used to that, I would work up to it.

This is extremely false, It's working different muscles not the same ones over and over. Moderation is key however don't limit your muscle groups, do them all.

Mara

Knight

The water intake required really kind of depends a lot on your training, especially the location. Your body uses all that fluid to sweat to keep your body cool, so if you are outside in a dry climate you need a hell of a lot more water than if you are in an air-conditioned gym at typical indoor humidity.

The great thing about the professional gym though, is that it is very easy to switch from task to task. When it comes to working out, most people from time to time will dread it, and the more convenient it is, the more likely you are to do it. If it's a pain in the ass to switch from one exercise to the next, most people are not going to do it for long. The downside of the professional gym is the commute, although if you can bike it, maybe that is not so bad either. And I think there is a real benefit to being around other people, seeing the progress that they make, and getting some feedback and advice here and there. Fitness women can be pretty damn sexy too.

i appreciate the advice, as far as the fitness women im married maybe a bad thing not a good thing lol. I just want to make use of the equipment i have at home since i did pay for it, be nice to finally use it . Tonight im going to take some advice on this thread, write up what exercises ill give a shot and if i actually stick to it ill post back how it went, some times my wife does a lot to railroad my time tables, so ill have to have her understand that if i get a routine i cannot really break it for something that can wait, that will likely be the hardest part managing the wife aggro.

Mara

Knight

Don't talk about your wife that way. She'll come around if you treat her right. Get her involved in it if you can. If you are both healthier, you will enjoy life a lot more. Never a bad thing to appreciate beauty wherever you find it either.

YouTube - BLS - Sick of it All

Time for me to practice what I preach though. I burnt myself out on this stuff a while back, and I need to get back into it too.

Reign Flame;2141840 said:
No, it's not extremely false. If you immediately jump into running 5 miles, lifting weights for 2+ hours and doing more cardio, drinking a gallon of water, all at the start, you're going to hurt yourself and are most likely not going to stick with this new plan to excercise and eat better. Did I say you couldn't work every muscle? No.

Who said run 5 miles? I didn't read that, You said don't do it all 1 day to start....That's what you do, one day work every muscle.

As for exercises

I'm going to assume you have dumbells and a weight bench, as I forgot what you said you had and I'm lazy.

Skullcrushers with 45 pounds to start[This is the weight of just the bar on any olympic style set] Do this as many times a you can, twice.[few minute rest in between]

Video : YouTube - 100 lbs x 4 on Skull Crushers -- Form Check

Shoulder Shrugs Gotta find your own weight here, Id suggest you start with 45-70 pounds depending on how easy it is. Again, do this as many times as you can, twice.

Video : YouTube - LevroneReport.com • Transformation, Week 6, Shoulder Shrugs

Curls Find your own weight here this is generally half of your bench press weight to start, In the video, Don't do reverse grip your fingers should face you, this is just the best video I could find. 5 sets of 10 curls, with a space inbetween.

Video : YouTube - Curl Exercises & Upper Body Fitness : Reverse Grip Curl Exercise for Your Biceps

Forearm Curls Do this as many times as you can twice

Video : YouTube - Behind The Back Wrist Curl Exercise - Forearm Workout!

Switch off Bench pressing with incline then decline bench pressing every 4 days

I'm sure theres a variation for your bowflex for each of these, this is all I can remember of your equipment. If you don't know what bench pressing is, should be an easy google.

bk0811

Knight

Reign is right, if you're just getting into it, you don't want to do everything all at once as your body may not be use to the strain (depending on the shape you're currently in) and you may just end up hurting yourself. It's best to start off slow, and getting a feel for the type of weight you're able to lift with PROPER form.

It also depends on what your goals are, if you're trying to improve your overall endurance and fitness, then yeah full body workouts are great for that, you just have to remember that intensity is key. 30-45 minutes of heart pumping bodyweight exercsises can be way more beneficial than grinding away on all of your muscle groups in the gym for 2 hours. Then you have to take in your age and what you're capable of. For someone like Dany who is young, he's able to crank out full body workouts and recover a lot faster than even someone who may be in their mid twenties - thirties

Hay now lets keep this thread clean of hate, its all about helping me!!!

ACtually flame on its ok i have a good foundation to start with from the help so far and appreciate everyone giving me advice.

Reign Flame;2142151 said:
The fact you found photos of me when I was 14 is really sad. I had to look for awhile to find those. What is wrong with you? You must have saved every photo you somehow managed to find, onto your computer. Also - I see nothing wrong with the photo, other than the dumb ass text you put on it, in order to try to put me down because you were proven wrong.

:( It's so funny how "I" found it, or someone whos forum banned sent it to me ;).

dixie

Sorceror

Dany Mortal;2142167 said:
:( It's so funny how "I" found it, or someone whos forum banned sent it to me ;).

Jesus Christ, what is the matter with you?

Edalon

Squire

of no importance;2142161 said:
Hay now lets keep this thread clean of hate, its all about helping me!!!

ACtually flame on its ok i have a good foundation to start with from the help so far and appreciate everyone giving me advice.

Just be careful, some of the info in the thread is made by people who clearly lack both theoretical grounding AND actual experience working out. By experience I mean atleast years of working hard AND getting measurable results. Also, most everything works at first, atleast somewhat, but why not get good info right away and thus better results in shorter time?

Edalon;2142204 said:
Just be careful, some of the info in the thread is made by people who clearly lack both theoretical grounding AND actual experience working out. By experience I mean atleast years of working hard AND getting measurable results. Also, most everything works at first, atleast somewhat, but why not get good info right away and thus better results in shorter time?

I appreciate the warning, ill run it past my family doctor he is not an exercise sciene major but he will likely know if anything is harmful, and as far as better results in shorter time im not so much looking for results in any time frame, but instead trying to make lifestyle adjustments that are more conducive to a healthy lifestyle. There is only so many times you can wake up with a hangover with last nights 3 day old pizza still half on your lap before you realize things have got to evolve ya know?