UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

which sport takes the most skill

Which of these 3 sports do you think takes the most skill to play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoglegs

Sorceror
Re: which sport takes the most skill

Cyan-Hybrid;1157094 said:
you say football is the hardest sport to play, because of ONLY 2 positions, what about the other numerous positions? they take an equal amount of skill as the running back.
but yet you vote basketball...

the reason basketball wasnt on the poll originally was because thers only 5 people from one team on the court, therefore leaving less skill to learn, whereas in football there is double the players on the field than basketball, making more skill to learn, I'm not saying this poll is for a single skilled football player, hockey player, or baseball player, I'm talking about the whole team in general.. by far football wins.

I voted for football if you'd take the time to look that up. I said football and I gave my reason. In terms of skill... name a position, in football, more difficult than quarterback or running back. Defense takes skill and can win some games, but it's the offense that makes the winning consistent. For those who say that receivers have all the skill, they may have catching and running down, but in essence they are just moving targets, and are nothing without a skilled QB to throw at their numbers. Running backs do all the real hard working.

As for basketball, there's not less skill to learn just because the teams are smaller...
Typically, if there's more players on the team there's not as many skills to learn because the tasks are spread out among more players.
Basketball has evolved into one of the most highly technical games today, with little room for error. Think it's easy? Try consistently making a 20+ foot 3-point shot with hands in your face, or successfully dribbling a basketball through worlds most elite ballers for 40+ minutes, day-in and day-out.

Alvar

Wanderer

Cyan-Hybrid;1157189 said:
I'm American, it is American Football, if it would have been Proper I would have said soccer.

Well if you had your location on profile, I might have known you're a yank.

Cyan-Hybrid

Wanderer

Gangsta-hybrid;1157696 said:
But it's way hard to kick the ball to the exactly place you want than to just throw it with your hands, the ball start off the ground and then went over 2 or 3 defenders and fall in front of the goal where his team mate just had the job to finish.

And btw, Football isn't always the same predictable shit, you need to be creative on the field, nobody tell exactly what you're going to do, you have to improvise. Unlike American football that is always throw the ball to the reciever that he only has to run with the ball stuck to his body and cross the line.

Think American only....

Cyan-Hybrid

Wanderer

Gangsta-hybrid;1157726 said:
I don't care about strategy, to improvise and be creative is way better and takes more skill, intelligence and vision of game than follow some exact shit.

I didn't say that football players make more accurated passes than american football players, but there are people like Beckham, Riquelme and Ronaldinho that can put the ball in someone else feet in perfect position to score.

it isnt hard, to kick a soccer ball to someones feet, took me 2 weeks to learn soccer, minus the little tricks, which didnt take too long after the 2 weeks to learn.. its easier to get a soccer ball to someone than it is to throw a football to someone.

Cyan-Hybrid;1159316 said:
it isnt hard, to kick a soccer ball to someones feet, took me 2 weeks to learn soccer, minus the little tricks, which didnt take too long after the 2 weeks to learn.. its easier to get a soccer ball to someone than it is to throw a football to someone.

I'm not talking about 5-10 meters pass, but 30-50 meters pass. Football is not only know how to pass a ball, but you need creativity, vision of game, intelligence, you have to know to who you should pass and when you should pass, you always have to take the right decision by yourself, nobody tell you exactly what you should do. Doing tricks any retard can do, now try being productive in a football pitch, idiot.

Cyan-Hybrid;1159318 said:
I live in Arkansas.

Any American is a yank to a Brit.

I forgot about golf. The reason Tiger is so fantastic is because you never see young men playing (let alone playing above and beyond everyone else) because it is basically a lifetime commitment and only older men who have been doing it forever can do it that well and consistently.

As for passing to someone's feet and doing little tricks, it is a completely different story to do these things while being surrounded and at an all out run. Not to mention being knocked around and kicked in the legs. And little tricks are useless unless you can do them with perfection 99% of the time and have the desired effect. Since most people who play know the tricks, you have to think up new ones to use like Ronaldinho did with el elastico and know when to use them.

I'm not arguing that American football is an easy sport. Far from it, it's one of the few that I still don't know what the hell the official is talking about after watching it most of my life. And I sure as hell wouldn't think that rugby is like American football without pads. If they didn't wear all that gear there would be a shit ton of severe injuries like spinals and whatnot.

Golf is so fuckin' hard. I play on average 2 hours a night @ the driving range, chip around the backyard when I go out for a smoke, play 18 on sundays, and 9 on tuesday nights. I'm mediocre, but consistent with my shots. I still can't hit my driver straight, but I can drive the ball 250 yards and then some. Usually on the drive I'll do a nice left to right fade shot with my 5 wood for about 225 yards.

parkour does

r33n

Knight

yukuzo;1360504 said:
why is wrestling not on here... retards..

Because it doesn't require nearly as many skills as some of the others mentioned.

Knowledge, experience and your training makes you the wrestler you are.

Donovahn

Wanderer

r33n;1360621 said:
Because it doesn't require nearly as many skills as some of the others mentioned.

Knowledge, experience and your training makes you the wrestler you are.

r33n was one of the Wise Men who brought gifts to Mother Mary when she shot Jesus Christ out of her vagina.

Status
Not open for further replies.