UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

which sport takes the most skill

Which of these 3 sports do you think takes the most skill to play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica-hybrid

Wanderer
Re: which sport takes the most skill

Hockey, as you'll need to GM in both Hockey and Mace Fiighting, maybe even tastics (for fighting, not for hockey), and anatomy

Kazius

Sorceror

definately basketball(baseball is close) and any idiot knows that because while hockey and football take a lot more strength/toughness/athleticism it does not require the same skills and finesse as basketball, give me a break, figures football(I'm thinking it's american) would win because idiots don't understand the question.

If Texas hold'em poker or fishing was on this poll however either of those would win hands down.

Clover

Sorceror

Hockey... you have to skate on ice AND do the things other sports require. For me, skating is a bitch. Requires a lot of balance, and as the above guy said, "finesse".

I've played Soccer, softball, and basketball. Basketball was the easiest, just have to know the "plays". Soccer was the next... run back and forth and get the ball in the goal. Softball was the most difficult... have to be good at two completely different positions, hitting and fielding.

Football, I imagine, is decently difficult, but mainly because it requires so much strength practicing.

Sage-

Sorceror

ice hockey for sure. you've gotta be able to street fight, let alone have enough stamina to roll on the ice. it eats up your energy fast.

r33n

Knight

Regardless of how much strength training is needed in football, it requires just as much finesse as basketball does.

One person can win a game in basketball by himself. 11 guys need to all do their job to make one football play work the way it is supposed to.

Sage-

Sorceror

wait.. a uo forum should be the last place for this poll to be posted tbh

Flipper

Knight

reflecting upon this post i realize how skilless baseball really is

they should have named it "watch some fat alcoholics swing at balls with a bat"

Flipper

Knight

erm nm just realized my school is defending college world champs of baseball, can i change my vote to that?

Basketball, imo. However, the ability to balance skating and everything else in hockey makes it a lot harder.

football. but not american football. soccer takes more technical skill and endurance than any other sport hands down.

cloroxman

Wanderer

Flipper;1377440 said:
reflecting upon this post i realize how skilless baseball really is

they should have named it "watch some fat [strike]alcoholics[/strike] steroid users swing at balls with a bat"

Fixed.

Bobbert

Wanderer
Re: WHICH SPORT IS YOUR FAV?!?!?!?!?!?

Gangsta-hybrid;1147061 said:
Not if you have at least 2 defenders in front of you and a goalkeeper. Now, explain to me, how a professional basketball player can hit the net in a single match that last 40 minutes more than most of the professional football strikers can in a whole season? And it's way hard to aim with your legs than with your hand. It takes alot of skill to be a striker in football, if the opposition defenders and goalkeeper are good and know how to positionate and move inside the penalty box, it's alot hard when your team mate pass the ball to you, you need some dribbling skills and pace to pass by the defender, vision of game to maybe find another team mate that has more condition than you to score or to find a space where you can kick the ball into the goal, cold blood and a good finishing skill to score, and something else.

Hockey has the same stuff... Without a ridiculously oversized net.

Anyways, hockey is the hardest. 90% of you motherfuckers cant even skate let alone do shit like http://youtube.com/watch?v=eorWhtV9Aqk or this http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwV6g0YHvVc. Not to mention the hits and the fights.

Hammen;1383584 said:
Hockey has the same stuff... Without a ridiculously oversized net.

Anyways, hockey is the hardest. 90% of you motherfuckers cant even skate let alone do shit like http://youtube.com/watch?v=eorWhtV9Aqk or this http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwV6g0YHvVc. Not to mention the hits and the fights.

Yay! I'm in the 10%. I played hockey from age 5 to 12 and of course street hockey until I hit 16-ish. Then I just stopped :( . I'd really like to get into hockey this year, start playin some pickup floor league for a bit, until I feel good on the ice again. I used to play goal. I was really good for my age at the time.

Puck drops in a half hour; game 2 nucks vs ducks. Time for a beer run, woot.

Bobbert

Wanderer

Punkers Slave;1383592 said:
Yay! I'm in the 10%. I played hockey from age 5 to 12 and of course street hockey until I hit 16-ish. Then I just stopped :( . I'd really like to get into hockey this year, start playin some pickup floor league for a bit, until I feel good on the ice again. I used to play goal. I was really good for my age at the time.

Puck drops in a half hour; game 2 nucks vs ducks. Time for a beer run, woot.

Hehe I used to play when I was younger, started up again in the last year or two. Still a great game, ofc :)

It's a stupid question. Paper, Rock and Scissors. A better question to ask would be. Of the key positions in Baseball, Football, Basketball and Hockey. Which position is the hardest.

I would say it is a toss up between a Pitcher and a Quarterback.

fonis

Knight

Soccer is harder than those, I would say. The endurance alone required beats football, baseball easily. Beats basketball pretty easily as well, considering you're comparing sprinting to light jogging (albeit more jumping). Hockey.. takes a lot to skate while playing, so I'll vote for that in place of soccer.

Also, compare the final scores of soccer games to the final scores of basketball games, compare the size of the nets, and tell me who retarded at defending those goals now.

r33n

Knight

If people played basketball with their feet then the scores would probably be 1 - 0 as well :)

Just because a sport has a higher required endurance, it doesn't mean it is harder to play imo. If that was the case, then a marathon race winner would be the best athlete or sports star in the world. Football (which is the sport I think is hardest to play)players spend just as much time in the weight room and on the track as soccer players do getting their aerobic capacity up.

Cid_Mutation

Sorceror

I belive it is hockey, the size of the area where you play is pretty small compare to football and soccer, and for basketball well they are not on skate so i'll say that it is about equal. You move a lot faster on skates then on foot so every thing you do you gonna do it quick or you loose.... try pvp on foot and then pvp mounted, on foot you got maybe 3 or 4 second before your oponent is on you. Mounted you got one second you got to be sharp all the time.

But for the skills it takes to play with the ball ,a puck, a stick, your feet, its about the same you just need time, practice and perceverance.

Status
Not open for further replies.