UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

which sport takes the most skill

Which of these 3 sports do you think takes the most skill to play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WHICH SPORT IS YOUR FAV?!?!?!?!?!?

Hammen;1383584 said:
Hockey has the same stuff... Without a ridiculously oversized net.

Anyways, hockey is the hardest. 90% of you motherfuckers cant even skate let alone do shit like YouTube - Alexander Ovechkin or this http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwV6g0YHvVc. Not to mention the hits and the fights.

But that thing where you play hockey is smaller than a football pitch and in hockey yu have less defenders to pass through and it's also easier

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer

Gangsta-hybrid said:
it's also easier
So it's easier to hit a puck past a guy that is only six inches smaller than the goal, than to kick a ball into a bigass net? Mmm'kay.

Bocce is obviously the hardest sport.

Cebrious Arcane;1470123 said:
So it's easier to hit a puck past a guy that is only six inches smaller than the goal, than to kick a ball into a bigass net? Mmm'kay.

Bocce is obviously the hardest sport.

No it isnt, when you're just 6 feet away from the goal.

Perkis

Wanderer
Re: which sport takes the most skill

Ive played all four sports for almost my whole life. Started out with football, baseball and basketball, then switched basketball over to hockey. Out of these four sports listed, Id have to say football. Theres formations you need to know, angles of pursuit you need to know, audibles you need to know. You need to know what play is coming at you, you cant just run around with ur head chopped off. Football seems like its all about just running over people, but first you need to know which step you need to take to get to them. Remember theres 11 bodies that will try to get you to not touch the ball. The reason why its probably more skillful is because its very physical and takes athletes to succeed greatly. ( I am not punning the other sports tho ).

Baseball, as far as I know, isnt rly much about skill, but more so, how to read a good pitch, and how to have a good swing.

Hockey is on your feet thinking. It can get tricky, but then again, I wouldnt say its the most skillful sport.

Basketball, sure theres formations. But, iunno, if you play basketball for a few years, youll be able to make shots in no problem like everybody else, and block em.

Perkis

Wanderer

r33n;1469279 said:
If people played basketball with their feet then the scores would probably be 1 - 0 as well :)

Just because a sport has a higher required endurance, it doesn't mean it is harder to play imo. If that was the case, then a marathon race winner would be the best athlete or sports star in the world. Football (which is the sport I think is hardest to play)players spend just as much time in the weight room and on the track as soccer players do getting their aerobic capacity up.

Dont forget to mention, football players also play with a few extra pounds on their backs too.

GG r33n.

To everybody else: Do you realize how much you need to kick your feet in order to tackle somebody solo, or to run over them? Do you realize how much you fall and have to get back up? Sure, it doesnt seem like much, but after a quarter, it starts getting to you.

r33n

Knight

Oh for sure man. I played in highschool and compared to other high school sports, you had to work twice as hard, and year-round.

People understand the physical part, but they don't understand how much time you have to study in the film room.. How many times you have to practice your plays. For every play you run, there are 3-4 others that are being set up by that very play. It is much like a game of chess, but with 300 pound dudes, instead of pawns :)

I don't think any of the major sports are even close to the level of complexity that football is.

Perkis

Wanderer

Others wont understand unless they have experience with the sport. And I mean real experience. At least in the varsity level. There rly is a lot of mechanics to it even though it doesnt seem that way.

But again, Im not downing the other sports. They require skill too. But judging from my own personal experience, this is the way it is.

Lets not forget the fact, ur coach calls a play, the defense shuts down that play, ur a running back and ur hole is clogged. What do you do now, you gotta think fast, and you gotta pull somethin outta ur ass.

r33n;1469279 said:
If people played basketball with their feet then the scores would probably be 1 - 0 as well :)

Just because a sport has a higher required endurance, it doesn't mean it is harder to play imo. If that was the case, then a marathon race winner would be the best athlete or sports star in the world. Football (which is the sport I think is hardest to play)players spend just as much time in the weight room and on the track as soccer players do getting their aerobic capacity up.

A good stamina is not that important in football, football players only run like 10 miles in a match, what you need more is technical skills, like passing skills, ball control, dribbling, tackling, marking, shooting, etc, plus tactical knowledge, you should know where to stay and how to work with your team and also pace,agility are important, depends in what position you play, stamina is only really important to holding midfielders and full backs.

dominous

Wanderer

dude.....

Which of these 3 sports do you think takes the most skill to play?
Football
Baseball
Hockey
Basketball

math 1 - you 0

and wheres the cup stacking option?

Killer Queen

Sorceror

I'd say hockey, even though I hate the sport. Skating around while playing a contact game is pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.