UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What ML Features do you want the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What ML Features do you want the most?

Hmm... In *my* opinion, here's some of the things I'd like to see the soonest. I recognize that there's a LOT of work that needs to be done, and it can't be tackled all at once. Hence I tried to think of the ones that, at least from how I understand in the workings of runUO (admittedly being noob-ish in programming compared to the actual developers) would likely be the more simpler ones to tackle, at least compared to how much pleasantness they'd bring to the players.
  • Bug Fixes
    • Loot Fixing - I honestly didn't think that there was all that much wrong with the loot, until my most recent gauntlet trip. I noticed a disturbing trend of finding a number of items with ZERO mods. While I only spotted one on perhaps ever 10-20 bosses, it should be technically impossible for Gauntlet bosses to drop those! I took that as a clear sign that there's something wrong going on there; at least from the scripts for RunUO 2.0, the *only* equipment they should drop would be the magic items that are a part of their "ultra-rich" or "megaboss" loot packs.
    • Haven Treasure maps - From what I gather, they need to be updated to reflect what New Haven looks like.
    • Darts - 'Nuff said. (except that stars are far cooler)
  • New Stuff:
    • Addition of Artificial INTELLIGENCE for monsters - Face it, as it stands right now, monsters on Demise are utterly RETARDED; they follow a ridiculously simplistic aggro-charge-run script, that has made combat for practically every single MMO out there a complete yawn. OSI, as it seems, has thrown a proverbial monkey wrench into the works: nastier stuff re-targets near-constantly, and they make pretty clever use of their abilities. Plus, of course, they have necromancy at their disposal.
    • Peerless Bosses - Along with the other enemies in ML, peerless should be there to add a whole new option for PvM... It'd suddenly sap people out of the Gauntlet and Blood, that's for certain. Of course, this would go best with the above-mentioned AI implementation.
    • New Runics - Perhaps the biggest thing to help ease complaints about the Demise economy, particularly with ToTs, by adding runic Yumis and Bokutos to circulation.
    • Colored Woods - At least from what I understand of how things work, this might not be all that tough to implement, but would provide some more benefits to crafters, (as well as make wooden shields on a par of metal shields) even though it would *also* add a whole new level of tedium what with the searching/farming for frostwood and all... :p
    • ML crafting items - This needn't include *everything* at first... Not even all of the artifact-level items. Simply put, some new items present to help provide incentive for crafting, as well as raise the "minimum floor" for cheap items.
    • Heritage Quest - Although perhaps long and tedious, and perhaps a bit complex to implement, it'd be something rather nice to have, and would solve most/all racial issues, including anything left out of implementing racial abilities: if they don't like their current race, they can change it!
Killem;337508 said:
6mil for ONE weapon is a bit absurd, and the only reason it's so expensive is they don't spawn anymore.
That can be said of *everything*; Totems only go for 30+ million because *every* dexxer wants them, but they only spawn as often as the Gauntlet will provide them.

Looking at it in another way, IMO, the Rune Beetle Carapace is more useful, overall, than an Armor of Fortune. Perhaps not by all that much, but definitely ranking there. Yet, however, it's worth around 2/3 as much, give or take. And to think, about a year ago, it was only worth some 3-4 million; a pittance compared to how excellent it was.

In my opinion, ToTs are fine as they are. If you want to deflate their value, add *other* items, namely Mondain's Legacy stuff; those Horselords everyone crave will suddenly lose a lot of value when people can make runic bows.

Killem;337508 said:
It would help balance out money issues.
By which you mean "would slide the economy in your favor, as you don't have as many ToTs as you want." It would *not* balance *anything*.

Killem;337508 said:
I've seen other shards where ToTs go for 100k.
Those shards also have little to do with OSI.

Killem;337508 said:
It's discouraging to start and see one of the weapons you want going for 6mil.
It's discouraging to see that one of the items I virtually *need* for my template and suit to be any good is worth 50+ million. (without an ornament, my scibing-nox-mage/LRC addict will suffer either from severe mana issues or severe resistance issues) So what? I'd never advocate, say, severely jacking the appearance rate of ornaments.

[Drakull]

Knight

Ryan;337305 said:
I'm looking to get a general consensus of what features are currently missing from Demise that you'd like to see finished up or fixed.

My personal opinion is that it would be great, for a start, having all the crafting skills modified to produce the new standard items (like the elven forges, elven furniture, etc), but for what I have read about it it requieres first implementing the recipes system... so not as "fast and simple" as I would love to.
So let's start asking for the simple things first:
- Human to Elf & Elf to Human quests.
- New creatures (able to be tamed and not).
- New areas (new dungeons to explore... hmmm).
- New materials (wood types).
- Changes in the skills to obtain the new materials (adding to lumberjacking and so on).
Then I would say:
- Recipes
- The new megamonsters (forgot the name right now... the ones that are like 20 times a paragon...).
- Craftable artifacts

ParagonDancer;337564 said:
Sure its tough getting started without an easy way to get some quality items to help you out, but you know what? I did it, from scratch, and I know I'd say 5-10 other people that did as well.

And Killem, not to be mean or anything, but you have a MUCH better start here then I ever did.
Yep, definitely true; later on I did get *some* help, but it was quite a while: Rallahn was my first character here, and I built him up without any real help, at least to the GM level, and filled his spellbook myself. However, I didn't mind that: building up is a challenge and one of the few actual direct parts of the game I enjoy.

ParagonDancer;337564 said:
And how about the rest of us, that have taken so long, to accumulate a wealthy demise lifestyle, with artifacts, gold & tots, paying out of our damn asses to acquire them, only to see them come back for a short period of time and see them drop in value significantly? I don't think so.

You can't look at how it effects only a certain player group, but how it effects everyone.
QTF majorly. This is very much like the suggestion that one player made of a "gold wipe" during the aftermath of the housing exploit, which was an utterly stupid idea; it'd only serve to help those who had tons of artifacts stay rich, as all of the "lower classes" that relied upon gold would be suddenly dropped back to square 1.

Drakull-demise;337595 said:
New areas (new dungeons to explore... hmmm).
The new megamonsters (forgot the name right now... the ones that are like 20 times a paragon...).
Craftable artifacts
Just comments on these three:
  • As I recall, a number of the dungeons are already present: the palace of Proxysmus, for instance, is there (it's in the Lost Lands) and is populated already, at least with all of the pre-ML enemies in there. (which account for the bulk of the population anyway) All that it's REALLY lacking, at the moment, is Lord Proxysmus himself.
  • You mean the Peerless Bosses. Namely, Lord Proxysmus, The Travesty, Dread Horn, the Monstrous Interred Grizzle, Lady Milsande, and a couple of others.
  • The craftable artifacts in the system work almost identically to the item recipe system lesser items, so they kinda go hand-in-hand.
:)

[Drakull]

Knight

Nottheking;337596 said:
Y
Just comments on these three:
  • As I recall, a number of the dungeons are already present: the palace of Proxysmus, for instance, is there (it's in the Lost Lands) and is populated already, at least with all of the pre-ML enemies in there. (which account for the bulk of the population anyway) All that it's REALLY lacking, at the moment, is Lord Proxysmus himself.
  • You mean the Peerless Bosses. Namely, Lord Proxysmus, The Travesty, Dread Horn, the Monstrous Interred Grizzle, Lady Milsande, and a couple of others.
  • The craftable artifacts in the system work almost identically to the item recipe system lesser items, so they kinda go hand-in-hand.
:)

1)Yes, there are several already present, but they lack several things:
* The new creatures (so it would require the extra effort on re-populating the dungeons, like to add things like cu-shides, reptilions, etc.)
* They don't have the quests required to get into the dungeons ready.
2) Yes, I meant those :)
3) The craftable artifacts works in almost identical way, BUT, requires also special components (the items from the peerless monsters), so needs to wait until the peerless monsters are set, while other items (namedly non-artifact craftables) could already be implemented without needing the peerless monsters to be ready yet.

Drakull-demise;337602 said:
1)Yes, there are several already present, but they lack several things:
* The new creatures (so it would require the extra effort on re-populating the dungeons, like to add things like cu-shides, reptilions, etc.)
* They don't have the quests required to get into the dungeons ready.
In this case I was just noting that the dungeons THEMSELVES are already there, so the issue is technically not the dungeons, but rather the ML creatures, peerless, and quests, which you already mentioned, making that line a tad redundant. :p

Drakull-demise;337602 said:
3) The craftable artifacts works in almost identical way, BUT, requires also special components (the items from the peerless monsters), so needs to wait until the peerless monsters are set, while other items (namedly non-artifact craftables) could already be implemented without needing the peerless monsters to be ready yet.
It is true that artifacts require peerless reagents, though all craftable recipes require ML items; it's just that they require particular ones. So it's that craftable artifacts is more or less the natural result if you have both peerless + item recipes, and hence a tad redundant. :)

[Drakull]

Knight

Nottheking;337603 said:
In this case I was just noting that the dungeons THEMSELVES are already there, so the issue is technically not the dungeons, but rather the ML creatures, peerless, and quests, which you already mentioned, making that line a tad redundant. :p

It is true that artifacts require peerless reagents, though all craftable recipes require ML items; it's just that they require particular ones. So it's that craftable artifacts is more or less the natural result if you have both peerless + item recipes, and hence a tad redundant. :)

Good try, my little grasshopper, good try. :p

1) Technically, the dungeons are not completed unless spawned with the proper creatures/traps (example, the poison in some areas), so they are not completed. Also, ML creatures, peerless and different quests could be implemented but the dungeons left unspawned, so technically it's a problem with the dungeons.

2) Again: check previous post, I talked about the new resources, but the ones from the peerless monsters require the peerless bosses to be implemented first (= a lot more work), while other resources require just skill changes (and creation of the items), so they are different things (even if using the same engine for the recipes). Also you could have things that are required for something (like craftable artifacts) and not have yet the feature: Let me remind you an example of that:
The lamp post and the gloves in doom's dungeon (yep, those gloves tha "nobody" desires)... the artifact is implemented, they are even spawned in their place, but they are not attainable since the quest to get to them is not implemented yet.

jrhather

Wanderer

[SIZE=+1]
[SIZE=+1]All Servers to be Published[/SIZE]
Jeremy Dalberg
26 Nov 2007 17:29:57 EST

All servers will be published with the following during their next available maintenance:

Added the Salvage Bag:
    • The Salvage Bag is the core of the enhanced recycling system. Players store items in the bag like any other container, but when a recycle command occurs, they target the bag to handle all the items at once.
    • Layout:
      • a blue leather bag labeled "A Salvage Bag"
      • Available on Provisioners for a nominal (~1000gp) fee
    • Details:
      • Use the context menu on the bag to select "Salvage Ingots", "Salvage Cloth", or "Salvage All"
        • All items of the appropriate type in the bag (metal for smelting, cloth for scissoring) are recycled into their resources
        • The player gets a message containing number of items successfully recycled
[/SIZE]

Quoted from stratics news.

Glasgowx

Wanderer

First off thanks Ryan

Its good to see that Divinity and Demise are getting the love they need :)

I believe uostuff is a pretty decent reference sight for info on the ML content

I want to see the crafting quests and recipes added. But first I would like to see the loot fix, necro summons fix and wraith form fixes. It would also be nice for us vets to get access to all the vet rewards.

Good luck and thanks again.

Mario-Demise

Sorceror

DarkSaionji;337542 said:
ToTs were a temporary thing on OSI for a reason. The players playing at that time gained an advantage over the players who came after. Expecting to get items that were only temporarily available is just stupid. New players wanting ToTs to kill things, is stupid. Honestly, 1337 gear is not the only way to kill a monster, part of the battle is a good template and knowing how to use it.

That said, I just remembered. I heard about a new patch that requires tactics for weapons kills that I would probably make me happier than any other addition or fix.

---FK

*Edit: posted at the same time as the guy above me I guess...*

You are wrong dude. i once thought the same thing when it came to pvp with a *Template* and somewhat content gear. with out a RBC the mana problem is rediculus.
with out mana your template is shit. specials? what specials. you cant hardly use them.
ok i understand you can have MED and FOCUS and LMC and MR and MI.... But all this towards pieces on this shard are hard to get. let alone mods with nice resists. getting as much as an rbc mods would prob be at least 3 to 4 pieces. and then what. you still need resists.on the other ??? . I don't know..... All i do know is that having a good template is nothing unless you have gear. in demise, gear is everything. when it comes to pvp. unless your a stealther :]

Kowe

Wanderer

Killem;337511 said:
Thank you. This is my problem with Demise right now:

PvM is boring as hell. Since EVERYTHING is trammel, the loot is terrible. How can I start even trying to keep up with the current player base if I just got 300 gold from daemons and SOMETIMES a lrc 4% gorget?

ToTs need to be available so us new players can actually kill stuff WORTH killing. It's either that, or get rid of Trammel in isthlenar and increase the loot considerably. PvM is pointless.

As Luigi pointed out, it's BODs, Gaunt, rinse, lather, repeat. I've been here 3 days, and it's already getting boring, because I like to pvm, and get loot via killing.

It's called find a guild. I was bored to death of PvM too (for me it was bloods... and umm... more bloods) and then got a guild with some good members and started champing. Champing is both (semi)fun PvM (for a while...) and can have good rewards. Okay, sometimes you get garbage like a 110 focus. Wow... I could get more money of lizardmen in the same amount of time for that. But other times you get something like a 120 Magery and you got gold for quite a while! You can also try "exploring" the world. I know it sounds crazy but you might just find different monsters that give better loot or better marty chances. Or, take a friend or two and try para Aw's or something. It only gets boring because you do the same thing over and over. Variety is the spice of life!

Also, I would like to see Peerless and ML craftables. Make crafters worth having again for something other than bods!

Ulrich

Wanderer

Well mostly I'd like the ML quests.... which would require the dungeons... for pure adventurers it would be a glorious day.... plus it would give us something to ci=collect that would be like tot's... tot's should not come back.... unless it is just a week thing kind of like what OSI did.

If the dungeons and quests is too much... (unfortunately it looks like it all ties together... you either have it or you don't)

I say fix the AI in Gaunt... this would at least make that interesting for a bit tell everyone figures out the loop holes.... right now it is like fighting for dummies in there.... but again it is the only place an adventurer has a chance to get a nice item....

instance loot makes sense to me, and would free up the GM's to do other things.

I think loot should stay the same... if you change it now it will kill the crafting economy.

The rune beetles seem to have a problem with skill gain.... but I don't know how it is on OSI.

Oh decorations and awards that don't disappear would be really neat for us that have been around awhile..

I guess if I had one wish for Christmas it would be the ML quests... recipes. maybe people that like to farm stuff solo wouldn't like this... but for those of us that have guilds and alliances that do stuff together it would give us a lot to do.

Thank you for the shard and everything you guys do.

psz

Administrator

For the record: ToTs are not ML. Please stop requesting them. They came, they went, just like OSI (And we had them a HELL of a lot longer).

Try to keep this an ML report thread, not a "I'd like to see x" thread.

On that note: Ryan, I want the proper ML Quest Generator! (This means the dungeon quests, the newb quests, and the "random" quests)

psz;337658 said:
For the record: ToTs are not ML. Please stop requesting them. They came, they went, just like OSI (And we had them a HELL of a lot longer).

Try to keep this an ML report thread, not a "I'd like to see x" thread.

On that note: Ryan, I want the proper ML Quest Generator! (This means the dungeon quests, the newb quests, and the "random" quests)

I just want Runic Bow Kits i made a GM Fletcher on this shard which seams useless as of now Just for Runic Bow Kits

Hook it up Staff

Ulrich

Wanderer

this is a nice feature of ML that has been over looked and might not be that hard to add... or maybe it is... don't know...

Container Labeling The ability for players to name containers to distinguish them from other containers has been a player wishlist item for many years. Container labeling will be done by creating a special engraving tool object that when used will prompt a target cursor. The player character will then need to select the container to rename and type the name of the container.

I'm adding a links for my earlier requests also... trying to stick to the rules better.... ;) for at least the ones I can find....

Quest system:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/ml/quests.shtml

Dungeons:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/ml/dungeons.shtml

CRAFTABLE ITEMS and RESOURCES
http://uo.stratics.com/content/ml/crafting.shtml

Rune Beetle (different info from stratics... might be more accurate?)
http://vm.or.tp/ve/791/a3runb.htm

Again thank you!

Pwnt.exe

Wanderer

Do's:
  • Delay on specials.
  • Not being able to toggle a special and a spell at the same time.
  • Spawn the fel anti-virtue dungeon arties.
  • Put in recipes.
  • Bring in ML bosses.
  • Put in the donation system (Library, Zoo, etc. Will give gold a value again)
Dont's:
  • Don't add runic saws.
  • Don't add runic fletcher tools (We already have enough gimp archers)
  • Don't add ML arties. (A apron with 5 dex 2 hp regen is just stupid)
  • Don't DONT ADD SWOOPS!!!!! DONT ADD SWOOPS!!!!!!
  • DONT BRING BACK TOTS
  • Don't bring back tots
  • D O N T B R I N G B A C K T O T S
My 2 cents from playing on osi.

Pwnt.exe;337688 said:
Dont's:

Don't add runic saws.

Don't add runic fletcher tools (We already have enough gimp archers)

Don't add ML arties. (A apron with 5 dex 2 hp regen is just stupid)

Don't DONT ADD SWOOPS!!!!! DONT ADD SWOOPS!!!!!!

DONT BRING BACK TOTS

Don't bring back tots

D O N T B R I N G B A C K T O T S My 2 cents from playing on osi.

Quoted For emphasis

Oppa

Wanderer

Instanced loot, ml pets, ml crafting, and better loot. MAKE PVM FUN WOO

Status
Not open for further replies.