UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What ML Features do you want the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer
Re: What ML Features do you want the most?

Killem;337508 said:
Quite frankly, bringing back ToTs would help the economy, imo.

6mil for ONE weapon is a bit absurd, and the only reason it's so expensive is they don't spawn anymore. It would help balance out money issues. I've seen other shards where ToTs go for 100k. It's discouraging to start and see one of the weapons you want going for 6mil.

It depends, really, not everyone will be screwed, only those people who horded them, and their bulk ammount of money is in tots. I think that would be a positibe change though, i look at tots as a great way to help new players stard playing here. I remember when i first started here, i was able to have fun, and kill strong stuff because of the power the tots gave me, without them i would have been poor for like ever. Not only that, it relieves the strees from gaunt, all the new people who come to the server either a) do bods b) do gaunt c) do both, it's mindless, it's boring, and it really turns uo into a giant loop. While if tots were to be restored ( maybe? ) people could gather tots, as a form of starting up and being able to start a new adventure. Combine this with new ml monsters, and you have alot of possibilities, not mentioning that if the loot is bumped or increased a little bit, pvm will be worth while after all. Not just champs, and gaunt all day.

my $.05

Killem

Wanderer

luigi-demise;337509 said:
It depends, really, not everyone will be screwed, only those people who horded them, and their bulk ammount of money is in tots. I think that would be a positibe change though, i look at tots as a great way to help new players stard playing here. I remember when i first started here, i was able to have fun, and kill strong stuff because of the power the tots gave me, without them i would have been poor for like ever. Not only that, it relieves the strees from gaunt, all the new people who come to the server either a) do bods b) do gaunt c) do both, it's mindless, it's boring, and it really turns uo into a giant loop. While if tots were to be restored ( maybe? ) people could gather tots, as a form of starting up and being able to start a new adventure. Combine this with new ml monsters, and you have alot of possibilities, not mentioning that if the loot is bumped or increased a little bit, pvm will be worth while after all. Not just champs, and gaunt all day.

my $.05

Thank you. This is my problem with Demise right now:

PvM is boring as hell. Since EVERYTHING is trammel, the loot is terrible. How can I start even trying to keep up with the current player base if I just got 300 gold from daemons and SOMETIMES a lrc 4% gorget?

ToTs need to be available so us new players can actually kill stuff WORTH killing. It's either that, or get rid of Trammel in isthlenar and increase the loot considerably. PvM is pointless.

As Luigi pointed out, it's BODs, Gaunt, rinse, lather, repeat. I've been here 3 days, and it's already getting boring, because I like to pvm, and get loot via killing.

marcusstone

Sorceror

I think darts should be a top priority, not because I PVP, but because it seems to be an issue on everyones mind...
I would like to see tots return, but not necessarily the biggest priority in my opinion. Instanced corpses are at the top of my list. Muesums and comunity quests sound sweet, because TBH pvm is getting a bit boring...

So I guess I would say
1. Darts
2. Instanced corpses
3. TOTS for a brief period, until new content could be added from ML

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

marcusstone;337519 said:
I think darts should be a top priority, not because I PVP, but because it seems to be an issue on everyones mind...
I would like to see tots return, but not necessarily the biggest priority in my opinion. Instanced corpses are at the top of my list. Muesums and comunity quests sound sweet, because TBH pvm is getting a bit boring...

So I guess I would say
1. Darts
2. Instanced corpses

Wrong, while darts are pretty lame, they don't post that much of a challenge, usually if you are skilled you are able to kill an opponent pretty fast, so you won't waste more than 30 cures, unless u are just a runner and is running 1v1. Point is, i see people complaining about darts, because they need an excuse to why they die, and while yest hey don't work properly, why should staff bother fixing something that would only benefit only like 1/5 of the server. While they could actually be doing something productive like fixing loot and implementing other ml features that would totally revive pvm. Me, personally i have had enough of pvp for a while, everyone in brit trash talks, ganks, and cries, atleast monsters die honorably, and this isn't a rant because i died, on the contrary it is because i haven't died, and have heard the many accusations of people towards me like, Hacker, cheater, noob, nerd, virgin and so on.

I see the biggest factor that would make demise an even better server would be the complete revamping of loot, as of right now, it's not too good. It's not horrible, but it's not great either. Other means of getting items other than gaunt and brsk, would be fun, like tots as i already stated.

my other $.05

P.S. Someone will eventually quote me on this, when they fix darts, whenever they do, not that it matters, people will still find other excuses to why they die, they will say that nox is gimp, and that fencing on mages is not fair. They will continue to cry until the end of existence, or until psz bring chaos upon demise and delets fell :eek:

not that it will effect me much due to it being a pvp upgrade; but on OSI for a player to use weapon specials he needs tactics as well. don't think it is very hard to do + there would be a complete changeover in fel hehe

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Andrey Qattil;337538 said:
not that it will effect me much due to it being a pvp upgrade; but on OSI for a player to use weapon specials he needs tactics as well. don't think it is very hard to do + there would be a complete changeover in fel hehe

Even for wrestling? That's really lame IMO.

If it's even for wrestling, i could see the dominant template would be a tactics macing mage. Explosion Flamestrike Cocussion.

DarkSaionji

Sorceror

ToTs were a temporary thing on OSI for a reason. The players playing at that time gained an advantage over the players who came after. Expecting to get items that were only temporarily available is just stupid. New players wanting ToTs to kill things, is stupid. Honestly, 1337 gear is not the only way to kill a monster, part of the battle is a good template and knowing how to use it.

That said, I just remembered. I heard about a new patch that requires tactics for weapons kills that I would probably make me happier than any other addition or fix.

---FK

*Edit: posted at the same time as the guy above me I guess...*

pkrlz

Knight

BTW: we should have AOS fixes before anything IMO.

Steven_Greer;337352 said:
Instanced loot, better loot, and Darts to hit at the accurate percentage :)

luigi-demise;337353 said:
Instanced loot, ml pets, ml crafting, and better loot. MAKE PVM FUN WOO

Ps. Ryan for president.

QFT!!

Feersum Endjinn;337375 said:
PvM:

1) Instanced Corpses: you have a lot of players from outside the US and although Staff are doing all they can to make sure everyone plays fair, you can't beat 40 ping.

2) Fixes/Completion of what we already have: Wraith Form (doesn't leech correctly), Familiars (should not attack monsters), Evasion, Spellweaving.

3) Gauntlet AI: use of Necro spells and target changing by Bosses.

4) ML Crafting and Peerless Quests

PvP:

1) Nervestrike Fix: (para should not break on hit)

2) Darts Fix: (I guess you have more than enough info on this by now ;))

Thanks for the shard.

FE

PS - Please don't "bump" loot - here is my reasoning:
http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74070&page=12

Are u sure abour never strike?
I'm sure osi has changed it, now the never strike has a chance to not break depending on ur bushido skill.

FE, i wont agree with u at the luck bump, but maybe its becausei h've never gotten any lootable decent item due to my ping.
Maybe it would be better with stance corpses, we would see more ppl using gaunt suits at gaunt (like me).

-Tots-
I dont think we would see tot spawning again here, but i would love to see them spawning again, coze i think doing tokuno champ is fucking cool. The only way to bring them back is maybe, paying with gold for the tots ppl already have, but i dunno if this would work.
They dont have tots at osi, so why should we have?

marcusstone;337519 said:
U dont have no idea of what would happen to demise economy if tots come back for a brief period, do you?
If they do it (they wont lol) they must do something that the players who spend lots of money on them dont loose it.

-Wep skill and tactics
To balance things, wepskill/mages must have 80 tactics in order to be able to use specials.
As u may know wep/mages are pretty overpowerd.
U dont need tactics to use wrestling specials.
There are many more fixes, i need to find the url and i will post here.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Well see this is just me, but we should not try to be osi, we should try to be as close to it as possible but only funner. Who here wants 15+ Chiv nox dexxers at brit mg? Noone, who here want's awful pvp / pvm? Noone, i don't know where the idea of being osi came from but i don't like it one biT

pkrlz;337548 said:
Are u sure abour never strike?
I'm sure osi has changed it, now the never strike has a chance to not break depending on ur bushido skill.
It may be pkrlz. I am not 100% up-to-date on the very latest OSI changes. I would be happy if it was fixed to whatever though... :)
pkrlz;337548 said:
FE, i wont agree with u at the luck bump, but maybe its becausei h've never gotten any lootable decent item due to my ping.
Maybe it would be better with stance corpses, we would see more ppl using gaunt suits at gaunt (like me).

Instanced Corpses would solve the ping problem for everyone. Gaunt would be fun again (even more so if we get the Necro/Target swapping AI), Group hunting would be fun again, Paragon Hunting in crowded areas would be fun again...

You would begin to get some nice loot - and it's value (monetary, uniqueness and satisfaction) would not be reduced to zero by everyone on the shard having the same über items after killing a few AWs.

FE

PS - I just realised that the new AI of course doesn't just concern Gaunt bosses...

Tots are a bad idea, again.

Sure its tough getting started without an easy way to get some quality items to help you out, but you know what? I did it, from scratch, and I know I'd say 5-10 other people that did as well.

And Killem, not to be mean or anything, but you have a MUCH better start here then I ever did.

And how about the rest of us, that have taken so long, to accumulate a wealthy demise lifestyle, with artifacts, gold & tots, paying out of our damn asses to acquire them, only to see them come back for a short period of time and see them drop in value significantly? I don't think so.

You can't look at how it effects only a certain player group, but how it effects everyone.

marcusstone

Sorceror

luigi-demise;337533 said:
Wrong, while darts are pretty lame, they don't post that much of a challenge, usually if you are skilled you are able to kill an opponent pretty fast, so you won't waste more than 30 cures, unless u are just a runner and is running 1v1.
I wouldn't know, I don't pvp... it just seems like a huge problem due to the constant complaints on the forum...

marcusstone

Sorceror

pkrlz;337548 said:
U dont have no idea of what would happen to demise economy if tots come back for a brief period, do you?
If they do it (they wont lol) they must do something that the players who spend lots of money on them dont loose it.
I didn't say anything about effects on economy... I just think it would be cool to have some incentive to hunt in Tok, and some different items that you have to hunt for a while to get. Martis are all good, but they get boring after a while. Gauntlet is too time consuming for the casual gamer who doesn't get to log all the time.
I see where you guys are coming from though, and you make a good point... I would probably be pretty pissed if I spent a millions on an item that would become fairly common a couple months later... It's just a bummer there isn't more incentive for PVM.
But probably new items from ML could be just as good of a solution as far as I am concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.