UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Veteran Reward Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror
Re: Veteran Reward Suggestions

hell if were making things that are going to effect pvp why not make a bag where what ever is in it you keep. also why not add ontop of that the bag has no limit of items and what ever is in the bag has no weight......

rewards should be simple. things that if you were to throw them onto the ground they would not be picked up. Sorta...

the illest2

Wanderer

Jolly Rogers;1641025 said:
rewards should be simple. things that if you were to throw them onto the ground they would not be picked up. Sorta...

thats how they are now, and thats why they are gonna be changed

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror

the illest2;1641036 said:
thats how they are now, and thats why they are gonna be changed

Good job! you got the main point of this 20 page thread BRAVO!

However look at the rewards now, which one out of all of them effect the pvp and or pvm?

None. they are here to reward people by gving them something only they can use.

you ppl are suggesting brining things to effect game play. Rewards should NOT effect game play. It would be unfair to new players. Even if they aren't new to the game, but new to the server and these vets had these leet rewards which helped in pvp more than a new char would suck. I wouldnt play were the people that have been around forever run the shard becuase of staff given items....

For the soulstones it would make reds and other pvp chars a even bigger threat. Personally i know 4 reds can take on roughly 10 people with a good fight. Yes the reds lose, but they can hold off for a bit by running and just being better. Usally these reds are fighting newb chars who just chase in numbers. if as a red you have this soulstone, and u pop back up and someone throws you a bag your ready to fight again. How fair is that. I say the soulstones should be for chars younger than whats allowed to ride a ethy. it's fair newbs die a lot more and when they die they die for a week. vets die there back up in 10 mins ready to go again, pvp tamer anything.....

Shadowmancer

Wanderer

It sounds like you don't know what a soulstone is.

These are complete, unlimited charge soulstones! Use these to transfer or hold skills between characters! (Soulstones are account bound to the account which claims the donation)

Which means if I have a Tame/Lore/Vet/Mage/Eval/Med/Resist tamer, and another character with GM Peace, if I need to tame a new pet I can simply put Peace on the soulstone and trade it out for Med.

Lorthic

Knight

Jolly Rogers;1641050 said:
you ppl are suggesting brining things to effect game play. Rewards should NOT effect game play. It would be unfair to new players.

You don't think the veteran ethereals don't effect game play, when the only way new players can use them is to buy donation ones? I believe that effects gameplay. They have a few choices in this instance: buy horse after horse, or bond a fucking horse and hope it doesn't get lured. The only veteran rewards that don't effect game play at this time is the statues and dye tubs.

It is SO easy to train characters at this point that adding Soul Stones would not make pks more of a "threat". Yes, they can make a new character and transfer the shit to it, but you're stating that it is a threat as if people delete their characters after they go red simply so they can go red all over again. Soul Stones would greatly help people out. It would basically have the same effect as using a name or sex change deed on a character, but it would eliminate the need to make characters over and over again. Also, it's not as if the skills comes out of thin air. The people either have to train the character the Soul Stone will be used on to transfer skills from, or they've got to donate for or buy a skill ball. This item will in no way effect the economy or game play associated with UOGamers.

So far as the Bag of Sending goes, that will not effect game play either. Only non-cursed items, which means items that cannot be looted, are able to be sent through it; well, that's the way it is on OSI, at least. So, if somebody has a check they got from selling a house, or if they donated for a cbd and claimed it in a dueling arena, they can merely toss it in the bag and it will appear in their bank. It's not as if people in dungeons can drop loot in it every time they kill a monster.

Come on, man.. if you're going to post something at least THINK about what you're saying before you make such bold statements.

Mara

Knight

I'd like a portable forge for smelting ingots on the go, although that would probably be too much of an advantage for veteran miners.

Wheelbarrow - allows you to stack stone and sand (should you be crazy enough to make your own bottles). No weight reduction though.

Human taxidermy kit - Allows you to make a trophy out of your kills heads. Possibly records the date they died and by who.

House booby-trap deed. Places a trap on a house tile. Able to be seen and removed/destroyed by the detect hidden and remove trap skills.

Lunarpancake

Sorceror

ethys that you can mount instantly....for long long term-ers... like 3-4 yrs on shard.

death shrouds?

how about an option to get sandals in any color you want (in normal or spec dye tubs...no neons) ... just so that you can get yellow or orange sandals.

Lorthic

Knight

Marbelou;1641954 said:
RUSUREBOUTDIS!?

Pretty sure that it has to be locked down... and you can't SWITCH or GAIN skills you didn't earn; it merely transfers skills from one character to another.

blessed dagger (so pks could carry a dagger to cut corpses)
wouldn't effect pvp too much unless ppl decided to dp them. but in that case u can make them destructable like any other weapon if used in combat

a newb elemental;1641999 said:
wouldn't effect pvp too much unless ppl decided to dp them. but in that case u can make them destructable like any other weapon if used in combat
I like this alot.​

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

Originally Posted by a newb elemental

Dave Lepard;1642244 said:
I like this alot.​

how is that different than a newbied dagger that everybody gets ???

Mara

Knight

Reds don't get the benefit of newbied items staying with them when they die. Only items that are actually blessed.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

Mara;1642304 said:
Reds don't get the benefit of newbied items staying with them when they die. Only items that are actually blessed.

Thanks for information :)

JamesD

Wanderer

New Colored Vet Robes.
New Colors on the Special Dye Tub.
On OSI their were the banners (apparently those are very buggy though) and the flaming skulls (no damage emitted).
I also liked the Customized House Decoration Winner Miniature House Deed (was a 5 year reward on OSI I believe).
I like the idea of the blessed dagger to cut corpses.
Maybe some dyeable sandals?
I'm just trying to think of items that won't ruin the economy nor effect pvp.

And quit flaming this thread people, its not our place to be flaming this thread, it is Mark's right to choose the ideas from the pool of ideas. And almost all ideas are useful.

Durrrrrrrr

Sorceror

Mara;1641121 said:
I'd like a portable forge for smelting ingots on the go, although that would probably be too much of an advantage for veteran miners.

Wheelbarrow - allows you to stack stone and sand (should you be crazy enough to make your own bottles). No weight reduction though.

Human taxidermy kit - Allows you to make a trophy out of your kills heads. Possibly records the date they died and by who.

House booby-trap deed. Places a trap on a house tile. Able to be seen and removed/destroyed by the detect hidden and remove trap skills.

a fire bettle would do this trick if they were added to the game...

JamesD88;1642426 said:
New Colored Vet Robes.
New Colors on the Special Dye Tub.
On OSI their were the banners (apparently those are very buggy though) and the flaming skulls (no damage emitted).
I also liked the Customized House Decoration Winner Miniature House Deed (was a 5 year reward on OSI I believe).
I like the idea of the blessed dagger to cut corpses.
Maybe some dyeable sandals?

New colors of clothing for the dye tub would be good to see.

The banner's are a little bit buggy. Not bad when I used them. They would be good to see though, as would the Flame Skulls.

Blessed dagger sounds great aswell!

as for the other ideas... maybe not =/

Status
Not open for further replies.