UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Veteran Reward Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Veteran Reward Suggestions

MadeInQuebec;1843256 said:
Characters Improvments:

-Use vet rewards to enhance one of your character a slight bit. Make it somewhat costly in veteran rewards. Mods available would be some or all the mods from AoS.

Mana Regeneration, Hit Point Regeneration, Stamina Regeneration, Lower Mana Cost, Spell damage increase, Hit chance increase, Swing speed increase, Damage increase, Defence chance increase, Reflect physical damage.

Have them all capped pretty low (Maximum of 2 pts increase in the regeneration, Maximum of 5% Lower mana cost, Spell damage increase, Hit chance increase, swing speed increase. Maximum of 10% in Damage increase, Defence chance increase and reflect physical damage)

Use 5 vet rewards to appoint 1% or 1 point wherever you wish. This will be permanent on your character and will not be transferable. If you delete your character well tough luck.

This will bring a little extra strategy in character building. May as well add a maximum of 50 points to be used on a single character. So you cannot have everything you choose according to what you think you might need.

This will mean that not all of the 7x alchy stun for example will be exactly the same. Yes it might affect pvp a little bit, but I think most everyone have plenty of vet rewards, and everyone will be happy to play their somewhat enhanced characters, and will fight other enhanced characters. The gap will not be extreme in anyway and a new player will still be able to be competitive if he got the skills.

A valorite short spear with Damage increase max and ssi max would be insane and unkillable 1v1

Phooey

Knight

I agree with MIQ. I liked the bag of sending, as long as it isn't blessed.

1 year Vets could get.

Blessed t-shirt that says I've played UO for a year

2 year Vets could get
Blessed t-shirt that says I've played UO for 2 years
Blessed Robe that says I've played UO for 2 years

3 year Vets could get
Blessed t-shirt that says I've played UO for 3 years
Blessed Robe that says I've played UO for 3 years
Blessed hat that says I've played UO for 3 years

4 year Vets could get
free donation ethy

hoglegs;1633692 said:
How about the ability to dye your undies.. :)
I put that in the suggestion box, and it didnt even get accepted!
I think thats wicked cool

oh and i really really like the ability to change the name on your sandals.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Think about why we play UO 12 years later, when there are more newer MMORPG's out there than most of us can probably name. The graphics were nothing special in 1997; they're atrocious by today's standards. The sound isn't much better. The AI is awful - the only reason any monster provides a challenge is because it hits hard, or has a lot of hit points... never because it's smart.

However, for all its shortcomings, UO is so much better in the areas that count than anything else out there. First among these is character development. There are no races, no classes, but reasonable caps on skills - there's still a very tangible difference between a new character and a fully trained one, but nothing like a game where you level up to the point where you're killing everything with a single click. You can take your time casually getting to that point by just playing the game the way you want to play, or you can get there very quickly and efficiently with macros designed to do just that so you can compete at higher levels.

You know all this - you're the players. So why point it out? I think it's important to keep in mind that UO's balance and accessibility are fundamental parts of the game, and should never be violated for somehing as trivial as veteran rewards.

It was ridiculous when veteran rewards were first introduced on OSI, and didn't release on schedule - all the trammies were up in arms screaming that they deserved them. The fact is, on OSI we all agreed to the terms of service: you paid for a month's play, and you got it. Nowhere in the contract did it say "if you play for x amount of time, you get y bonus item." I for one was just glad OSI was smart enough in their release to limit the impact vet reward items had on PvP (or competition in any form).

I see vet rewards as the "icing on the cake" - while it's cool to be recognized for one's dedication, the vet reward system definitely shouldn't be taken too seriously. Above all, it shouldn't provide any significant advantage to any competetive aspect of the game that isn't available to newer players for a substantial amount of time.

Therefore, I think we should stick with things that are purely cosmetic or decorative; or, if the item is to have an effect, it should be minute. I think the overlooked items from OSI are worth considering.

Flaming heads and banner deeds were mentioned in the first few pages.

I also like the idea of large potion kegs.

I know there was a promotion on OSI where you could have a statue of your character made. Unfortunately, I think it was only available in some god-awful hues. I'd like to see that introduced here for the oldest players, and hopefully available in some of the same hues as stone furniture.

There are other decorative aspects I don't think have been considered. Maybe veterans could be offered different skins for their character profiles (visible to everyone who views it, of course), or backgrounds for the paper doll, or house add-ons that aren't currently available, such as the large marble statues like those in covetous 4.

I don't think we need a whole new complicated system, and we certainly don't need any of the crazy item properties from AoS that drove us out of OSI servers in the first place.

Fides

Sorceror

Fidessa;1640728 said:
I read half of post, so sorry if I am interrupting something.

Regarding new veteran rewards that's pretty simple.... bring back all the UO veteran rewards. I truely miss the banners, flaming head, ankh's and what not.

zomg!

....namestealer :|

miztron

Wanderer

ploki;1633308 said:
these are suggestions no need for flaming..
Mark asked us for suggestions.. i give mine, you give yours.. that's how it works

invis sashes and telport rings.. were OLD SKOOL UO ..

thats true, and in "old skool uo" everyone was able to aquire invis sashes and tele rings :)

since everyone supposedly has 03945784902 vet rewards, make a couple for neon hair and beard dyes

didnt read 11 pages to see if this was previously mentioned, i think its a good idea

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
Gruesome standards
Stretched hides
Banners with various designs
Snow balls
Sandals that have the same Hue choices as the vet robes/capes
Long boots that have the same Hue choices as the vet robes/capes
Short boot that have the same Hue choices as the vet robes/capes

did I just an corp the shit out if this thread?? im sorry. :(

kdivers

Knight
nah, a spammer did.and the footwear is a terrible idea. tailoring is little money as is, and that would be the last straw ;) not to mention hides would be worthless, further hurting tailors

Status
Not open for further replies.