UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Veteran Reward Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Knight
Veteran Reward Suggestions

Do any of you have any suggestions for some interesting high level veteran rewards?

We are thinking about changing up the longer term rewards and would like to hear your thoughts before we proceed.

ploki

Knight
Re: Veteran Reward Suggestions

- the Skull head things that blow out fire.. when you walk by..
- special Jewelery (teleporter rings)
- magic clothing (invis sashes)
- Speed boots (when worn, you're able to run at mount speed for a limited amount of time)

/edit

I'll keep my list on going..

Mark

Knight

ploki;1633248 said:
the Skull head things that blow out fire.. when youwalk by..

/edit

I'll keep my list on going..

That's not bad, but I doubt we would let it do any actual damage.

!STiTCH!

Sorceror

I say make use of the unused clothing/armor slots (ie: Rings, Necklaces) by bringing in Vet Rew magical Items that are useful to game play, not just to show off what you got.

the illest2

Wanderer

special ethereals....since all the regular ethereals have a donation version of themselves for players reguardless of account age, i think the higher end donation ethys should be available to 4 year vets, and maybe even 1 for the 3 year vets as well

robes/cloaks....maybe a special hued one that provides 1 or 2 more ar? or maybe another piece of clothing that provides AR that can be stacked with the other vet robe/cloaks

dye tubs...maybe a specialer special dye tub? doesnt seem like its very special to me just bland versions of colors you can get from a normal dye tub...maybe an actual special hue dye tub that can only be used by 4 year vets

statuettes/decor....statuettes can be useful but most of the time they arent, i think there should be some sort of house decor in there somewhere, although i cant really think of anything besides stuff that i would want personally, maybe some lighter house decor like flowers and windchimes and stuff like that, and more evil stuff like blood or corpses

I'd like to see the timeframe increased on the rewards so we don't all have 100queued in our option menu and do nothing but throw them on the ground. As far as physical items go, I'd like to see something along the lines of jewelry.

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror

How about some type of sandles in which only Older accounts can wear. Other type of purely 'trammy' type of clothing. Some type of character only item. Can't be traded etc. That was reduces the amount of items being sold and bought. Colored ethys? I played on DFI years ago and they had donation ethys. I think they only had horses and you could have red blue etc. kinda cool idea.

Any type of clothing that is aged. Hats skirts etc. cooler items older the account needs to be.

Just thinking back to some past suggestion forum ideas:

Big potion kegs (holds say 5x amount of a normal keg)
murder count clear deed
runebook copy deed

ploki

Knight

djstepanek;1633282 said:
Just thinking back to some past suggestion forum ideas:

Big potion kegs (holds say 5x amount of a normal keg)
murder count clear deed
runebook copy deed

ooooOOoo i like!

make the big potion keg looklike a large barrel!

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror

What about a bola proof ethy? can't be bola off but make it so its fair as in only can ride it for 5 mins or its slower.

jibah

Wanderer

I dont think anything should be implemented that can help in pvp, or in resource gathering. I know if I was a new player I wouldn't be bothered that some vet has a flaming purple sandals that say "IM A VETERAN LLOLOL". I would most certainly NOT want to play here if people could kill me or escape easier with their teleporting rings and invisibility sashes just because they've played here longer.

Keep it purely decorational.. like it is for the most part now.

ploki

Knight

hello moto;1633297 said:
Anything that does NOT affect the pvp sounds good

fuck your invisiblity rings or speed boots, like wtf?

these are suggestions no need for flaming..
Mark asked us for suggestions.. i give mine, you give yours.. that's how it works

invis sashes and telport rings.. were OLD SKOOL UO ..

Colored torches. I know a few people that would love them for bank sitting, and a few who would hate it.

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror

yes they were HOWEVER they had charges. and most of the time only had 10 charges max. they were also clothing that droped ur str etc. so if they do put it in they have to have bad ones also.

some better items would be best like robes are ok but why not let you pic what kind of clothing and color you want that would be sweet

azlin

Wanderer

Howbout a "I played Hybrid for (x-ammount of time) and all I got was this lousy (clothing item)"... Make it some sort of annoying trammy color like frost staff blue or something.

Inspector

Sorceror

Okay some people might disagree but I think some long term vet rewards should be--
The Rose of Trinsic--(will devalue the current ones but oh well)
another Rose of Trinsic type item that produces orange petals
a blessed wand with a few charges of a certain spell(lightning, fireball, gheal, heal) that recharges over time, kind of like the flute of renewal from OSI servers but not.
Special blessed sandals with a choosable hue from a list, and maybe a choosable engraving on it like the AOS sandals from OSI.
Some of the new house deco crap from OSI like that crystal stuff or some of the haunted items, like the ghost mirror or whatever
The Fountain of Life Item from the 8th anniversary rewards
A working ankh that you can place in your house.
A full suit of armor(the standing kind from Castle Britain)
just to name a few off the top of my head.
Oh you should change the reward timer to every 6 months instead of every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.