UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updates - 7/25/2009

WaRgAzM

Knight
Re: Updates - 7/25/2009

Hydrofiend;1930180 said:
Now add a 10 second timer to purple pots like heal pots have and make it so you are unable to remount a horse that is in combat.

Then finally... /server fixed.

Worst Ideas 09'

Could you imagine not being able to remount to a bola tamer? Are you stupid? No offense but seriously use your brain.

nolliepoper

Sorceror

Stides;1930188 said:
I dont think you really thought the change to area effect through mark :( Back to catering to griefers instead of actual pvpers. A step backwards for the shard. There was nothing wrong with how it was.

Cant use pots in town anymore. Yay there goes any chance of a 1v1 in town lines. Im sorry you can say play on other templates. But no other template can kill another template 1v1 if the combatants are using pots and are decent.

Cant eq/ms peoples houses anymore. Yay people are purposely going to house hide to grief people with hidden blues and murder counts. This sounds like a fun game to me. Benefit the house hiders and punish the people trying to kill the house hiders. Sounds like what the shard is all about?

Find someone to 1v1 in town in a secluded area? Nah that pussy will just hop off his mount and get u guard wacked the second you throw a pot. Once again catering to people with no testicles instead of people who want a real fight.

There is no way this was thought through properly.

Once again Stides wins.

This whole update was "Worst ideas 09"

o_O

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Stides;1930188 said:
I dont think you really thought the change to area effect through mark :( Back to catering to griefers instead of actual pvpers. A step backwards for the shard. There was nothing wrong with how it was.

Calling this patch a 'step backward' for the shard is quite a dramatization of the facts. Let's recall that purple potions were never EVER meant to be used in a manner that made them spells (which is essentially what they were). You cast, wait, target and the potion follows you wherever you go and hits only the people you're attacking.

#1 - That's carebear BS.
#2 - That's not the manner they were ever meant to be used in.
#3 - It's become a critical crutch for PVP here and it's high time it was ripped out.

Neither Mark nor myself are stupid - there are mechanics that need to be changed in addition to this and we will continue to do patches over time to improve the overall gameplay of the shard.

I hate house hiding as much as you do obviously but in the end I don't bother trying to kill someone in a house. It's a waste of time, resources and energy. If you really want to kill someone do it before they get to their house, do it before they recall or do it before they kill you. Furthermore - if you're really all that into killing other players why do you really care if you go RED? What's it hurt?

A RED character is not useless and all of us dealt with this for years on OSI. I fail to understand your reasoning for saying this was a step backward. This was a step forward... albeit a smaller step it is a step toward returning this shard to the glory days of PvP. All of this extraneous shit that's been added to make PvP easier or cater to the LAZY player so he doesn't have to worry about getting a murder count is ridiculous. It's time to get back to good, hard core combat and make it so that this game can be what it was supposed to be.

RISK vs. REWARD.

If killing that guy is really worth it to you than any amount of murder counts will be also. Get past the fact that a lot of players lost their motorized scooter and will be forced to again walk on their own two feet. I know it's going to require some energy and you can't be lazy any more but in the long term it will be worth it to gain some independence and strength again.

The rest of your post I won't bother to quote and dissect because frankly it's irrelevant whining.

quite honestly if you removed mounts everything would be golden. the main reasons why this shard is losing its veteran player base is due to the lack of honorable gameplay: bolas, nightmares, and offscreening.

you'd kill 3 birds with one stone.

what would be the problem with this? this is how it is on divinity.

the only problem i could foresee is donation ethy's being removed. but there is a quick fix: make is so that donation ethy's stay, but if people choose to ride them, they can't go faster than running speed, and your stam runs out just as fast.

problem solved.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Doctor Jones;1930439 said:
quite honestly if you removed mounts everything would be golden. the main reasons why this shard is losing its veteran player base is due to the lack of honorable gameplay: bolas, nightmares, and offscreening.

you'd kill 3 birds with one stone.

what would be the problem with this? this is how it is on divinity.

the only problem i could foresee is donation ethy's being removed. but there is a quick fix: make is so that donation ethy's stay, but if people choose to ride them, they can't go faster than running speed, and your stam runs out just as fast.

problem solved.

Are you really whining about mounts? SERIOUSLY!??!

So they turned back the clock again on AoE's.. I sat through this change before. The best thing about purple pots was the ability to combat the gm runner.

I wouldn't mind so much if they brought back mount stamina.

Mozot

Wanderer

i like it. Makes sense... AoE hits everything in the area of effect? got it

houses are not the places to be fighting anyway and if u kill someone in there house u deserve any extra murder counts they can manage. People will either come out and play or not, but a house fight isn't worth the hassle anyway

Sharp Dragon

Wanderer

sucks now for factions and any reds fighting near towns. Spells with area effect shouldn't hit ppl in your party IMO

Hijinx

Wanderer

Lol all of you people complaining about pvp being ruined are basicly just admitting that you are complete garbage withought expl pots. All this is going to do is

A: Force garbage players to play on bola/tamers

B: Force the real deal old skool players to once again shine above the garbage

I think its an outstanding change and honestly it will probably get me to start playing again, in which case I will donate monthly again. This is good for the server, I hate to say it but the preferencial treatment that has been going on with some of these players was getting WAYY out of hand.

I completely agree with these changes but simply wish we had a bit of prior warning to practice and consider the implications of said changes. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Sprint-

Wanderer

Ryan;1930418 said:
Calling this patch a 'step backward' for the shard is quite a dramatization of the facts. Let's recall that purple potions were never EVER meant to be used in a manner that made them spells (which is essentially what they were). You cast, wait, target and the potion follows you wherever you go and hits only the people you're attacking.

#1 - That's carebear BS.
#3 - It's become a critical crutch for PVP here and it's high time it was ripped out.

Neither Mark nor myself are stupid - there are mechanics that need to be changed in addition to this and we will continue to do patches over time to improve the overall gameplay of the shard.

I hate house hiding as much as you do obviously but in the end I don't bother trying to kill someone in a house. It's a waste of time, resources and energy. If you really want to kill someone do it before they get to their house, do it before they recall or do it before they kill you. Furthermore - if you're really all that into killing other players why do you really care if you go RED? What's it hurt?

A RED character is not useless and all of us dealt with this for years on OSI. I fail to understand your reasoning for saying this was a step backward. This was a step forward... albeit a smaller step it is a step toward returning this shard to the glory days of PvP. All of this extraneous shit that's been added to make PvP easier or cater to the LAZY player so he doesn't have to worry about getting a murder count is ridiculous. It's time to get back to good, hard core combat and make it so that this game can be what it was supposed to be.

RISK vs. REWARD.

If killing that guy is really worth it to you than any amount of murder counts will be also. Get past the fact that a lot of players lost their motorized scooter and will be forced to again walk on their own two feet. I know it's going to require some energy and you can't be lazy any more but in the long term it will be worth it to gain some independence and strength again.

The rest of your post I won't bother to quote and dissect because frankly it's irrelevant whining.

I do agree with the change Ryan, but there needs to be more patches soon, to fix bola tamers and balance out pvp /; I just hope it won't be another 5 months for another patch :(

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Good update even small bad side effect.
I can't see any impact on red pot thrower (except gank group). They're willing to take the flag, they can still kill blue with pot. For those blue without gust to take murder count, just don't abuse the pot. Throw wisely.

It is us to adapt the world change, not the world to change for us.

Stides40oz

Knight

Ryan;1930418 said:

#1 - That's carebear BS.

RISK vs. REWARD.

risk vs reward is fine. But what you fail to understand is that this patch is going to cause a huge influx of griefers who sole reason to play your shard is not to pvp, but to make everyone else (who are actually trying to pvp) lives miserable. I dont see how you cant see this will hurt pvp.

Also now it will be impossible to have a 1v1 with alchy on the field do to risk of a random griefer interfering. This wouldnt be a problem if it were actually possible to kill a decent player 1v1 without alchy. The problem is you cant kill someone 1v1 WITHOUT alchy on this shard because of the weak damage spells do.

I sat in IRC today after the change and challenged numerous people who disagreed with me and told me that in fact you could still kill someone 1v1 without alchy. My challenge was to kill me without purple pots in 10 mins. I put 1 mil up against their 100k. 3 people accepted no one even came close to killing me. I was even facing tank mages with runics while I was in gm armor.

You shouldnt call my comments on this change "whinning" im actually one of the players on your shard that promotes honourable pvp and to be honest the only "whining" was done by people who cryed about purple pots being over powered which lead you to this change. All you did was cater do losers who have nothing to do but grief people in uo cuz they suck at pvp and noobs who cryed because they cant survive an alchy dump.

I think for this change to work your going to have to revert to the old spell damage. The way it was like 3.5 years ago.

P.S. You say my thoughts are care bear but frankly im about as far from care bear as you can get. This change will allow people to avoid fights, run to town and try lamer shit to get alchys killed. They are the care bears that you SHOULDNT be catering towards. Like I said if it was even posible to kill someone 1v1 without alchy then this wouldnt be a problem. But a lot of pussies are going to be getting away that would of have been dead before you changed this rule. So whats more care bear? People dying to pvp? Or people running to town trying to get people guard wacked, or flagged grey to others because they cant handle an even fight?

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Change makes the world more challenging. It is the driving force for us to improve ourselves.