UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updates - 7/25/2009

Mark

Knight
Re: Updates - 7/25/2009

Amerigo;1929924 said:
Sorry, I'm still a little confused.

So will houses be dropping like flies soon? Or will this only apply to placements and house transfers from here out?

This change only affects placement and transfer, nothing more.

namlamina

Sorceror

Will there be any way to prevent the mass multi-counting that occurred back in the old days when people would log on blues just to get hit by AOE as a dickhead defense of their houses being MSed? I think that was one of the best parts of the change to AOE only hitting people you are attacking, was the fact that it eliminated a lot of the multi-counting and griefing that can ruin entire characters. Will there be protections against this or not?

namlamina

Sorceror

Please answer my question Mark. What will be done to protect from the griefers? You already embraced scamming during your June event. What will be done to keep the assholes from taking advantage more?

Countessa

Knight

Not sure but, dont MS houses? Why would you want to fight someone at their house? That seems very rude.

malloc

Wanderer

namlamina;1929931 said:
Will there be any way to prevent the mass multi-counting that occurred back in the old days when people would log on blues just to get hit by AOE as a dickhead defense of their houses being MSed? I think that was one of the best parts of the change to AOE only hitting people you are attacking, was the fact that it eliminated a lot of the multi-counting and griefing that can ruin entire characters. Will there be protections against this or not?

How does going red ruin a character. Can't you macro it off? And why shouldn't there be consequences for using an AOE spell on someone in their house?

Sprint-

Wanderer

Rikomi-hybrid;1929938 said:
This change to AOE is going to be hella exploited. Bad change IMO, sorry.

Why would you care? All you do is 5x in the pits.

Good change, but a lot more still needs changing.

namlamina;1929939 said:
Please answer my question Mark. What will be done to protect from the griefers? You already embraced scamming during your June event. What will be done to keep the assholes from taking advantage more?

Reveal before doing it? track?

Valentino

Sorceror

Yes, a lot more DOES need changing, like making it so faction thieves w/ hiding and stealth can't be tracked by enemies with 0 tracking.

namlamina

Sorceror

Countessa;1929941 said:
Not sure but, dont MS houses? Why would you want to fight someone at their house? That seems very rude.

Please, Tessa. I have no idea what you are talking about. I am talking about when a player was factioning, against someone, say Dream Team (if we are to replay how it used to be in the old days). Members of Dream Team would run to Stides' GY Strip house, log on a blue inside the house, fight from inside the house, and then have the blue logged in to make it so that anyone who used an AOE spell against them could get counted for a murder. This was a serious problem back in the day, and I foresee it becoming a serious problem once again. Yet, it became so abundant that people would follow characters with blues just to count people they were fighting. DOWN WITH GRIEFERS ON UOG!

Sprint-

Wanderer

namlamina;1929957 said:
Please, Tessa. I have no idea what you are talking about. I am talking about when a player was factioning, against someone, say Dream Team (if we are to replay how it used to be in the old days). Members of Dream Team would run to Stides' GY Strip house, long on a blue inside the house, fight from inside the house, and then have the blue logged in to make it so that anyone who used an AOE spell against them could get counted for a murder. This was a serious problem back in the day, and I foresee it becoming a serious problem once again. Yet, it became so abundant that people would follow characters with blues just to count people they were fighting. DOWN WITH GRIEFERS ON UOG!

just dont go spamming ms, reveal before u do ms a house

namlamina

Sorceror

Raserei;1929959 said:
just dont go spamming ms, reveal before u do ms a house

1) who spams ms?
2) it can now be done with explosion potions.
3) it was used as an unfair advantage to hiding in a house. It is an Area of Effect for a reason, because it can hit through walls.
4) are we supposed to stop fighting now if people run into their houses during large fights (nm, scratch that, big fights don't happen anymore like they used to because everyone is just in the pond)

Dythmar

Wanderer

lets just all get a bunch of blues togather and meet up at the cherry blossem trees near that one shrine, and have an explode pot party, everyone goes red, and noone has anything to worry about.. j/k

Hey if you cant do the time don't do the crime, pertaining to aoe'ing houses. Now idocing should be way more promising instead of blue newbs all up in there Eqing and throwing aoes everywhere.