UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updates - 7/25/2009

Re: Updates - 7/25/2009

O boy! can't wait to get guard whacked from the opponent hopping off their horse and screaming guards but atleast my pots will hit blues now =)

GimpCent

Knight

Lord Deadpool;1929964 said:
Hey if you cant do the time don't do the crime, pertaining to aoe'ing houses. Now idocing should be way more promising instead of blue newbs all up in there Eqing and throwing aoes everywhere.

do you honestly think that is going to change a thing for you....?

I am just shocked and how big of a change without any warning.... Kind of reminds me of OSI back in the day but at least they had test center

*remakes half my pvp chars*

WaRgAzM

Knight

Nguyen Win;1929966 said:
O boy! can't wait to get guard whacked from the opponent hopping off their horse and screaming guards but atleast my pots will hit blues now =)

This rofl.

Well since house hiders now have another advantage. May we suggest just getting rid of the house banning system all together. Seriously, whats the point.

yay!!!! just another way to protect the house hiders....looks like its dungeon pvp only from now on...and possibly del.... :(

Countessa

Knight

namlamina;1929957 said:
Please, Tessa. I have no idea what you are talking about. I am talking about when a player was factioning, against someone, say Dream Team (if we are to replay how it used to be in the old days). Members of Dream Team would run to Stides' GY Strip house, log on a blue inside the house, fight from inside the house, and then have the blue logged in to make it so that anyone who used an AOE spell against them could get counted for a murder. This was a serious problem back in the day, and I foresee it becoming a serious problem once again. Yet, it became so abundant that people would follow characters with blues just to count people they were fighting. DOWN WITH GRIEFERS ON UOG!

Yeah I know. I never know what I'm talking about. ;)
Buuut. It seems to me, if they want to run to their house, laugh at them and leave. What a gay way to pvp.

namlamina

Sorceror

Countessa;1929978 said:
Yeah I know. I never know what I'm talking about. ;)
Buuut. It seems to me, if they want to run to their house, laugh at them and leave. What a gay way to pvp.

It's either wait for people to leave house or wait for people to leave pond...

Mara

Knight

Since multiclienting is allowed, it is very easy to provoke a fight, and then run to a place where you have a guy hidden if you are fighting someone who uses explosion pots.

Also seems to completely eliminate town fighting since the game simply isn't coded for dexer vs dexer fights without additional damage being possible. If a dexer can't kill a dexer or mage in town, something isn't right with the setup.

Seems like a very good time to be a hiding thief, since you can just hide in town next to a blue or hop off your mount. Again, if a dexer can do virtually nothing against a hiding thief 1 vs 1 in town, something isn't right. Even if you do have the magery to cast 1 reveal, your weapon is down, and the guy can just hide again almost instantly.

It does change things alot though. I'm sure it was a tough decision. Some big drawbacks to go along with the good things it brings.

wkstrm

Lord

Mara;1929991 said:
Since multiclienting is allowed, it is very easy to provoke a fight, and then run to a place where you have a guy hidden if you are fighting someone who uses explosion pots.

Also seems to completely eliminate town fighting since the game simply isn't coded for dexer vs dexer fights without additional damage being possible. If a dexer can't kill a dexer or mage in town, something isn't right with the setup.

Seems like a very good time to be a hiding thief, since you can just hide in town next to a blue or hop off your mount. Again, if a dexer can do virtually nothing against a hiding thief 1 vs 1 in town, something isn't right. Even if you do have the magery to cast 1 reveal, your weapon is down, and the guy can just hide again almost instantly.

It does change things alot though. I'm sure it was a tough decision. Some big drawbacks to go along with the good things it brings.

Hopefully there will be some kind of follow up update that balance things? But I have no clue.

Hydrofiend

Knight

Thank god for this update, seriously.

Now I have a way to get these gay ass alchy dexers off my ass.

Hopefully the tank mage can finally make a comeback.

sk8nomad

Sorceror

Whenever there is a change no matter what it is, there will always be people that absolutely hate it, and some that absolutely love it.

I personally look forward to future changes made to Hybrid. I feel that these changes keep the game fresh. I never did like field alchy pvp, and I'm glad that it hasn't been nerfed completely because some did like it. But it was toned down some which i feel was necessary. I still play and plan to play alchy mages and dexxers. Alchy will still be a great pvp skill. I feel this change makes the game feel more realistic.

I love all the hard work that the Hybrid staff puts in the shard. We have an awesome staff, as a result we play on the best UO server. I don't feel like there is anything unbearable with this game what so ever. Keep up the great work guys :)

Hydrofiend;1930032 said:
Thank god for this update, seriously.

Now I have a way to get these gay ass alchy dexers off my ass.

Hopefully the tank mage can finally make a comeback.

Tank mages are back; especially with the (eval+anat)/2=def wrestling and the para/conc/crushing blow. Not to mention you can DP a right handed blade.

p.s. Would be nice if bolas didn't have a 100% success rate.
And also people using unnapproved third party programs to time idocs instead of waiting at their keyboard and camping should be banned/Jailed.
I also would love to see the old school tan colored orc masks.
Trammel should not be added. Most importantly, fix tinkering traps so they can actually be functional. (currently u have to destroy a trap with an axe just to get the trap to work.) I would love to see death boxes again. THanks for reading :)

CBW

Sorceror

Looking forward to change, its always an interesting thing & fun adjusting, wonderful to see hard work going into the shard.

Thanks guys/gals!

as for the whiners in this thread LOL

I love your tears so much

popol

Sorceror

now alchy is for pk and dueler in pit only , you cannot run solo blue alchy or alchy factioneer whitout having a stupid blubie to run into your pot .i try it this morning and the result is, i turn grey 5 time ,reskill 3 bluebi ,get guard wacked , make me red on my blue :/ weird update

popol;1930071 said:
now alchy is for pk and dueler in pit only , you cannot run solo blue alchy or alchy factioneer whitout having a stupid blubie to run into your pot .i try it this morning and the result is, i turn grey 5 time ,reskill 3 bluebi ,get guard wacked , make me red on my blue :/ weird update

owned

LOL!

Got to love all the people that are learning the hard way of the new patches.

I find it very lolable, popol is a perfect example.

Caz

Knight

Spells and items with an area of effect will now target all players, regardless of location or the notoriety of the user ("old-style"). This includes spells (meteor swarm, earthquake, fields, etc), explosion potions, fire-horns, blade spirit and energy vortex targeting, etc.

I love you. Brit GY is back as a rayd spot. :)

kgb143

Wanderer

Thanks for the hard work staff! KGB appreciates all of the effort you put into the shard.