UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"The Sampire Bible" - Everything you need to know by Sativah

Jake_27

Squire
Thought I'd post my char Talen's template, I get asked alot.

120 fence
120 tact
115 anat - need a 120
100 bush
100 necro
95 healing
70 chiv

120 str, 120 dex, 55 mana

Ya its weird, mostly a 1v1 template. I do pretty well in doom and its nice to be able to xheal and rez. Sorta evolved from old school parry/resist fencer to necro/bush. Counterattack is practically worthless tho, never procs. Just recently started using the soulstone trick, tend to put on resist.

Oh and everyone get a leafblade, feint is dumb. Paragon cu/balron was cake.

Indika

Sorceror
its nice, the low strength kinda bites. I haven't gotten any sick drops yet but I can wear this suit anywhere now :D

Indika

Sorceror
So I have a few idea's, but I was wondering if anything is missing from Original Post? Did I miss anything that you guys have encountered and thought is important? I am in the process of cutting out some of the "bulk" of the original post, but I'm open to suggestions what could make it better and easier to read. I'm curious to hear from the other samps.
Also, I am offering UO Steam macros for those who might need some help with macros and hotkeys.

I think the most frequently asked question is what is more important between:
scrolls?
weapons?
armor?

Scrolls: truthfully speaking. no you do not need 120's for everyday activities. if you want to solo peerless or champ spawn or doom I would recommend 120's, but I would recommend them anyway.

Weapons: you don't actually need slayers. I will run out of breath saying all you need is SSI, HML, HSL double axe. that is because I used to do everything in the game with it back before I started to make my own weapons. the axe really does kill everything, including champ spawns. Also Soul Seeker was not as readily available when I wrote the original post.

Armor: the resists yes, but depending on weapon do you really need so much stamina? My main suit has 172 stamina before pots. I find high stamina to be extremely important. however depending on weapon speed(radiant, katana, Q-staff, kryss, crescent blade) you could probably actually get away with 130+ stamina, but you really don't wanna stoop that low unless your using Soul Seeker for EVERYTHING

The way the game is now, and with the cheap armor and HRSK, I think that excluding powerscrolls (5-6kk alone), you could make a very functional sampire from 5-10kk. That makes a GRAND TOTAL of 10-15kk to start off, including all the 120's and +25 stat. HRSK are so cheap now, weapons are the only hard part. But to get a gold farming character like this and farm the same thing over and over, you can make so much money that you will be able to afford weapons later.

I guess to answer this very popular question I would rank them like this:
#1: Armor - Get the best suit with the best mods excluding weapon/shield FIRST.
#2: Weapon - Try to get something that spams specials. Soul Seeker is fine for newbie samp, but you really want to get away from it.
#3: Scrolls - 110's and 115's are super cheap. 15 Stat scroll at least will get you started. But once you start farming gold, pick up your 120's.

Indika

Sorceror
Well so I have been running around in this template and I think it's really nice :D

Lack of resisting spells makes it useless at champ spawn, but for peerless, doom, and small hunting I prefer running it like this :D

doom skills.jpg
IMPORTANT: if you do not have high end gear, I do not recommend playing without Resisting Spells and I still put on resisting spells for champs.

Musha

Traveler
Well , this is really awesome! tell me what do you think about making a profile in youtube and post some videos , that will be awesome! this post is already epic but is just imo videos would be nice . congrats and thanks !!!

Indika

Sorceror
Well , this is really awesome! tell me what do you think about making a profile in youtube and post some videos , that will be awesome! this post is already epic but is just imo videos would be nice . congrats and thanks !!!

well thank you so much. that's very nice of you to say :D
I tried my hand at recording some videos. I might revisit it soon
let me know if theres something I can do to help.

Musha

Traveler
man u already did a lot !! this post should be in uoguide or smth . would be nice to smoke a big cone a watch some sampire videos , to learn a lil bit more , i suck now big time kkk .

Rogin

Traveler
Before everything - Great treat! I just'd like to know if you are saying that you dont need DI in the begging how can you hit damage cap without it?

Shoot

Wanderer
I'm just getting back into Ultima Online and your post has been very helpful. I'm so new though that a lot of your abbreviations don't make any sense to me, it would be nice if you had a little explanation of the abbreviations before or after your post.

Thanks!

RomanCoke

Squire

Whammy FTW

7 min travesty
~ 10min dread horn

115 skills

A-tron

Wanderer
Well so I have been running around in this template and I think it's really nice :D

Lack of resisting spells makes it useless at champ spawn, but for peerless, doom, and small hunting I prefer running it like this :D

View attachment 91273
IMPORTANT: if you do not have high end gear, I do not recommend playing without Resisting Spells and I still put on resisting spells for champs.

I have a similar build but I never really do doom. I would like to spend some time in there. Could you show your weapon setup you run there? Thanks oops almost forgot if you don't use DF what do you think about 0 dci so CA pops even that more often?