UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"The Sampire Bible" - Everything you need to know by Sativah

Mayuri

Squire
Hey sorry if these have been asked already, but what arties would you suggest getting? Is 50kk still the minimum to start a build? What items are higher priority for you to get just starting (Arties/weapons/armor/bracer and ring). What has changed in your opinion about gearing since you made the guide?

Indika

Sorceror
Hey sorry if these have been asked already, but what arties would you suggest getting?

Hey no problem! :D Welcome to the thread! The arties I suggest depend on budget. I wear only one artifact and that is Totem. But Glads is also really nice for samp. Leggings of Bane + Aegis of Grace Helm is nice, cheaper alternative.

Is 50kk still the minimum to start a build?
50kk is what I started with... I mean considering the scrolls alone are 5-8kk+ I would say at least 10kk... But probably actually more around 20kk is what I'd recommend starting with.

What items are higher priority for you to get just starting (Arties/weapons/armor/bracer and ring).
they are all the same priority. which is very high. This character survives by mitigation while healing by doing damage. you want for every part of your build to be ideal so you can stay alive. but if I was starting out fresh, I'd make sure I had my scrolls first then my armor and jewels. (I could deal with killing titans/ettins with soul seeker for a few weeks to farm 50kk. about 200k per hour)

What has changed in your opinion about gearing since you made the guide?
a lot actually. I am planning on doing a very in-depth change overall to the original post and first reply regarding gear and weapons. it will be the biggest change made to the guide in the history of the guide. I have a notepad flooded with changes I need to make. the guide is still very on-point, but there are some changes I plan on making to it. (I actually plan on removing the part about me starting off with 50kk, and include a section about why I think 20kk is the ideal minimal amount to start with - I would play a tamer or an ABC archer until I had 20kk to make my samp if I had to do it all over again)

Mayuri

Squire
I have about 55kk if I sell my mage items, if I choose to go this route what would you suggest buying? All my skills are 115 so I would still need to get 120 weapon skill at the very least, and probably bushido aswell. Aside from that?

HakJa

Sorceror
I have about 55kk if I sell my mage items, if I choose to go this route what would you suggest buying? All my skills are 115 so I would still need to get 120 weapon skill at the very least, and probably bushido aswell. Aside from that?
im very sorry but it isn't tackle you but how about studying and doing it yourself first before ask?

and if eventually face a problem not to solve,, then ask it to someone

think that it will be better way for real development
recommend it.

easy asking just will make low level

Mayuri

Squire
Or I can spend a lot of money and time and go in the wrong direction without asking someone that has been there. Two ways to look at that I guess.

Indika

Sorceror

buy 120 weapon skill, parry, and bushido
and 25 or at least 20 stat

after that buy totem or captain johns and armor to go with it. possibly even try ur hand at burning horned kits since they are so cheap.

just get the mods I express in the original post on ur suit and u will do fine. with totem or johns most of the pieces can end up being 3 mods.. its not a hard suit to build honestly

Faelorthin

Traveler
1st: sampire ELF: (i choose elf because i need mana)
parry 120, swords 120, bush 120, tactics 110, anatomy 100, RS 100, chiv 75
use double axe and radiants... and daisho sometimes (i dont have a nice one )
2nd: hybrid sampire HUMAN: (need hiding)
fencing 120, lore 115, bushido 115, anat 100, tactics 100, vet 100, chiv 70
i use kryss and a cu sidhe. 1411 luck + perfection

indika, i have other question..
im thinking to craft bokutos to use on my sampires.. but weapon damage here is 9-11
the damage on OSI is 10-12

its wrong here?

your hybrid sampire do you control your pet?...

Last edited:

april0395

Sorceror
your hybrid sampire how do you control your pet?...
no animal taming?.
i'm curious on how the template actually works..

You can soulstone taming and lore off after putting your pet on guard. It will stay on guard even without the skills, so you can run around with it. Just don't give it commands after taking taming and lore off, and make sure to feed it every fifteen minutes.

Indika

Sorceror
been seeing a lot of interesting builds lately so I suppose I will post my current build:

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 tactics
100 necro
100 ninjitsu
60 chivalry

can I just say focus attack is freaking amazing - doubles all your weapons mods. so 50% HLD turns into 100% HLD on a hotkey xD my weapon is 50% HLD and 50% Magic Arrow so both turn into 100%, not to mention 92 mana leech and 80 stamina leech :D its nice to guarantee yourself HLD

ki-attack (if done properly)

fukiya darts for Deadly Poison (no I didn't forget)

mirror image is even cool if your on foot

Faelorthin

Traveler
You can soulstone taming and lore off after putting your pet on guard. It will stay on guard even without the skills, so you can run around with it. Just don't give it commands after taking taming and lore off, and make sure to feed it every fifteen minutes.
Oh I knew that already Wanted to know how he used it ;)..

Faelorthin

Traveler
My template is
120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 Tactics (possibly 120 in future).
60 chivalry
There are my interchangeable skills..... Depending on what I fight I use different combos.....
100 anatomy
100 necromancy
100 resist spells
100 lumberjacking (not often)
100 Animal Lore
110 Animal Taming
100 Margery
100 inscription ( for the extra resists)
I usually always soulstone necromancy for the extra skill points I don't mind taking a trip home or to a safe house for it.
I use a cu sidhe as a mount on guarding rather than a swampy. For one Its kinda annoying replacing its armor all the time but I have a swampy in crystal ball just in case. Two. Cu sidhe heals me. Three. it does extra damage to my target. Four. it takes some damage instead of me. And I don't need to heal it. Cause it auto heals.

I honestly use soulstones like crazy:p
Prolly going to try adding ninjutsu in my soulstones ;). Gonna try it out.....

Craudiator

Sorceror
been seeing a lot of interesting builds lately so I suppose I will post my current build:

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 tactics
100 necro
100 ninjitsu
60 chivalry

can I just say focus attack is freaking amazing - doubles all your weapons mods. so 50% HLD turns into 100% HLD on a hotkey xD my weapon is 50% HLD and 50% Magic Arrow so both turn into 100%, not to mention 92 mana leech and 80 stamina leech :D its nice to guarantee yourself HLD

ki-attack (if done properly)

fukiya darts for Deadly Poison (no I didn't forget)

mirror image is even cool if your on foot
the lack of RS is not a problem?
do you kill dread horn with no RS?

Indika

Sorceror
the lack of RS is not a problem?
do you kill dread horn with no RS?

eventually you can get to the point with your suit and items where you can compensate for 0 RS

My template is
120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 Tactics (possibly 120 in future).
60 chivalry
There are my interchangeable skills..... Depending on what I fight I use different combos.....
100 anatomy
100 necromancy
100 resist spells
100 lumberjacking (not often)
100 Animal Lore
110 Animal Taming
100 Margery
100 inscription ( for the extra resists)

im so glad u post this... this just show how versatile the build can be :D I saw your build in action and it seem very cool. have you tried 4 HH with you tanking(mount swamp dragon) yet?

Faelorthin

Traveler
im so glad u post this... this just show how versatile the build can be :D I saw your build in action and it seem very cool. have you tried 4 HH with you tanking(mount swamp dragon) yet?
No I haven't. I don't like the fact that they don't have a lot of health though. And because you can't mount them it's harder to control who takes the damage. :p..... Could be and an interesting build.

Indika

Sorceror
BUMP!!

A long awaited update to the main thread was made tonight 11/24/14.

Here are some of the updates on discussion:
We now have a table of contents.
Damage Increase on items discussion > I now believe 80% is enough and do not think 100% should be forced onto the suit
Amount of gold to start a sampire is included in the introduction > 10kk is the amount I suggest
I removed a bit of functions that are not relevant
Removing a lot of the "Bulk" from the guide and a lot of useless discussion is being cut out. Trying to focus more on the finer points.

I will also be including a more informed section on Peerless soon as well as the weapons and armor section very soon. I will also include a section about Runic Saws and carpentry since it is now relevent, as well as blacksmithy. Also want to make a section about soulstones in the future.