UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"The Sampire Bible" - Everything you need to know by Sativah

Indika

Sorceror
40-45 dci is, and will always be questionable...

some people prefer to have max evasion, I think that is fine.

however other people, myself included, use 20-25 dci to maximize counter attack efficiency. in fact to be honest for this purpose 20% dci is considered perfect, I will explain.

you have 20% DCI on suit and cast divine fury(-20% DCI), you are now at exactly 0% DCI.

the bushido + parry bonus evasion known as the "Block Mechanic" triggers AFTER the DCI check in the hit order(that's the order that melee damage takes before it reaches the player). this is mentioned in the original post but I will refresh everyones memory:

The order goes:
Innate Miss - The aggressor misses entirely on their own due to skill or other variable.
Weap Skill vs Weap Skill - Your weapon skill matches theirs, and the attack is stopped without dealing damage.
Skill vs Parry - If your template has parry, the attack is checked against your parry skill, if it is not stopped it will continue to the next step
DCI - This is when the hit finally gets to meet your gears DCI. If it is not stopped before now, your DCI has a chance to stop the attack.
Block Mechanic - This is created by Bushido + Parry. Depending on your weapon is your block %. If you have a Stance active and a hit is blocked it will trigger your Bushido Stance.
Hit - The hit finally lands and creates damage which is visible above the player.

Stances are Counter Attack and Confidence. Evasion is also considered a stance but works differently in this case.

So basically the less DCI you have, the hit has a better chance to actually get stopped by the Block Mechanic, because it is not getting stopped by DCI first. Block Mechanic will still stop all damage from occurring, similarly with DCI, but it will activate your Stance. Counter Attack gives you a free hit off the regular swing timer AND IS CAPABLE OF BEING A SPECIAL ABILITY IF ACTIVE. That is the big deal here. Putting 700+ damage on your screen against a single target with double strike. I've had 1000+ damage on the screen visible against a single target before. That means those little red numbers that appear for a few seconds whenever you deal damage to a mob equaled to be 1000+ before they disappeared.

Play however suits your play style personally. However all of my characters that are built with parry + bushido run no more than 20% DCI to maximize the Block Mechanic, namely Counter Attack.

Hope this helps clear some things up.

Tanya

Traveler
Hi,
I have a few questions:

1. What is better to wear on spawns: mace and shield glasses + leggings of bane or spirit of the totem? Is there any big difference between a chance hitting mobs with whirlwind attack in both cases (waves 3 and 4 mobs) ?

2. What is the reason some sampires using orc helm 30 HCI ? Is that to have more stats on jewels or to have over 45 hci? In what situations better to use the hci helm? (champs, 1x1 fight with boss or something else) ?

3. Is there any reason to have more then 45 hci? I thought its only good for pvp. Or maybe if you have more then 45 hci you hit mobs with whirlwind attack better?

Thanks!

sk8nomad

Sorceror
im not really an authority on the matter, so i will just voice my opinion. i have been playing sampire for a few years now, and have solo'd spawns such as neira, semidar, baracoon and rikktor.

1) HLD isn't needed at spawns, I have solo'd the aforemention spawns without it. Just using ssi hml hsl axe, but it can definately help

2) This item is nice in a sampire's luck suit.

3) There is no good reason to have higher than 45 hci on a sampire. Sampire is made for PvM only.

Nordon

Sorceror
I really like HLD myself, more chance to hit is more chance to leech.
However, if you wear an HCI hat, you are free to wear DCI pants (Elf Legs) and then you are instantly at 20 DCI and can have better mods on your jewels. Or rather, jewels that are easier to collect - with DI/HCI + other mods instead of HCI/DCI + eventually DI + other mods.

As far as overcapping HCI goes - someone mentioned that there are mobs that use attacks that lower attack (HCI) but I've not observed a need to overcap myself.

Last edited:

LittleMary

Traveler
Hi,
I have a few questions:
From having learned sampire on my own and ending with very similar conclusions to Indika, I feel I could tell you close to what he would say

1. What is better to wear on spawns: mace and shield glasses + leggings of bane or spirit of the totem? Is there any big difference between a chance hitting mobs with whirlwind attack in both cases (waves 3 and 4 mobs) ?
Legging of bane is the bane* of resist. Pretty bad imo. It's a filler if you cant get enought hci.
Mace and shield is not really required. Spawn monsters have bad wrestling for the most part.
Totem is imo, the best samp headslot. I wouldnt even use a luck helm anymore even if I could max hci without it, simply because I am gaining more hits and dmg from str while wearing it. It will also ease the build a lot and prevent you from having to use what I find to be 2nd grade legs. (Bane Legging)
All in all. I have issue figuring what other helm then Totem exist for a sampire. To me, those other helms are decent replacement for Totem which would be better.

*Try to balance your poison resist with this. I find that the gear you need to use is very hard to find based on what market offer and the simple fact that the total resist to be very low. It will end up most time that you will be overcapped in poison and lacking somewhere else because FIRE is the one already hard enough to cap while maitaining others. So if you cap fire, overcap poison. You become VERY limited. I dont know exactly how Indika feel about that one, but I wouldnt use those even if my life depended on it.

2. What is the reason some sampires using orc helm 30 HCI ? Is that to have more stats on jewels or to have over 45 hci? In what situations better to use the hci helm? (champs, 1x1 fight with boss or something else) ?
I guess it can ease the jewels a lot. Maybe it would even allow use Essence of battle to cap dmg and gain some extra stats. A bad jewel that I something use. But mainly is a gap filler IMO.

3. Is there any reason to have more then 45 hci? I thought its only good for pvp. Or maybe if you have more then 45 hci you hit mobs with whirlwind attack better?
No, while there may be a monster(could be a peerless), that lower attack. I do not know any. Seem pretty useless to me.

p.s. If you REALLY want HLD for spawn. It will be for the champ. Get second staff for that purpose. I really see no point to kill any spawn with this.
Ex.: A dragon has 80 wrestling...

Tanya

Traveler
Thanks for the info!
I forgot to mention that I found a few days ago this bedlam spawn (http://www.uoguide.com/Pestilence_Champion_Spawn)
and I am trying to figure out how to solo it. There is only one strong mob there - Interred Grizzle, which has 105-109 wrestling.
And it's pretty hard to take 4-5 mobs and tank them with whirlwind attack. 2 misses and you are dead, they hitting hard.
But also i was using a bad suit: legs of bane/jackal's collar/violet courage, glasses. lol too many arties
Now finally found gold to buy the Totem and will try to craft new better armor.
But on that champ I think probably need to have HLD on the weapon when wearing the Totem, to make the 3rd wave with Grizzles.

Last edited:

LittleMary

Traveler
I cant really speak on the monster difficulty of that champ. But what I can do is warn you of their acid. It will eat items durability. Including any clothing artifact sunch as ari, sash, int boots and so forth. I would avoid using these items there.

Ann R Kee

Wanderer
I'm in the process of creating a samp since that is one thing I've never done (crossing things off of the UO bucket list...) Coming back after an extended absence so my gear needs a huge upgrade.

Do AUO/Steam and Razor still work and if so, do you guys use them on OSI shards?