UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"The Sampire Bible" - Everything you need to know by Sativah

Hexipox

Wanderer
Oh and is LUCK that important? most of the bracelets i ahve with DI SSI etc has -100 ... will that actually mean A LOT for me on loot? or just a little bit, close to nothing?

april0395

Sorceror
Oki how much a change? cuz i cannot find any guide for the "live" servers ... this is the best i found ... so just wanted to know.. dont they both run same pub?

It depends on which server. This freeshard is still correcting and implementing some SE and ML stuff. We do not have any of SA or HS. There is no imbuing or virtue artifacts, and as of recently we have access to heartwood runic saws in order to craft some of the staffs used for mace-fighting. This is why swordsmanship was so popular, as decent whirlwind macing weapons were rather hard to come by in monster lootpacks and swords weapons could be crafted with runic hammers.

@LordApolo Plz tell me what is that uber cool way of looting you have :(. I am tired of having my eyes dry out staring at lootbag. Save my torment and enlighten me :)

lord apollo

Sorceror
@LordApolo Plz tell me what is that uber cool way of looting you have :(. I am tired of having my eyes dry out staring at lootbag. Save my torment and enlighten me :)

I'm using UOSteam rather than razor. There is an option under the General tab. For "Loot System" open the drop down and select "Grided."

Indika

Sorceror
Hi, first off, good guide and thanks for letting us all in on this, nice!

But I got confused reading the guide… In the very first post you wirte about weapons, sword/fencing/mace and from what I can see you think the best is Mace, but then alter it seems you and everyone else only talk about swords?

To quote you: For anyone who is still NOT using Daisho or Leaf Blade on ur sampire... Well now here is your chance...

I assume by that these two are the best weapons for a sampire?

I am in the process to choose which weapon skill to use, but got all confused what to go for, mace or sword – for mace I have that virtue weapon Katarines crook.. seems NICE to me, but? I just want to go the best possible way J

Oh is resist so vital? I mean 100 anatomy should add a lot extra damage?

Thank you in advance for all your help

Hexipox
Atlantic server

Hello Hexipox and welcome to our forums. I appreciate the time you took to register and to participate in our discussion. you have asked a fine question...

I still think macing is the best regardless of the discussion pertaining to swords. If I had imbuing I would make the sickest set of slayer Q staff and Black Staff and Bokuto just for the heck of it and one single Leaf Blade of Ease to solo Peerless with.

As far as saws are concerned... If I had a bunch of saws I would burn Black Staff and then Q staff until I got a set of Slayer + HML... Imbuing will allow you to make some insane items but on demise most slayers are typically 2 mod (slayer and hit mana leech).

There is more development in blacksmith on Demise versus the other crafting systems... Some do make saws, but most of the people who make the saws are burning them for themselves... Plus Soul Seeker gives new sampires a very flexible starter weapon if they pick swords, so most tend to on demise.

I dont think the crook is a good weapon. Regardless of mods it has very crap specials. Wrath of the dryad seems like a better starter weapon but still seems flaky. Consider what you gotta do on OSI to burn saws or to try and imbue some weapons.

Resist is pretty vital in most situations with caster mobs... If you are soloing non-caster mobs or easy stuff you can drop resist for anatomy, but you will eventually want resist as you advance to stronger mobs.

Oh and is LUCK that important? most of the bracelets i ahve with DI SSI etc has -100 ... will that actually mean A LOT for me on loot? or just a little bit, close to nothing?

Luck is not important AT ALL. after having my sampire for almost 3 years i have finally made my first luck suit. luck is the last mod you should worry about on your suit. check out the original post for the mods i think are necessary for a functional sampire.

Americana

Sorceror
Anim - I'd argue the luck point.

Spawns, sure, no luck, no biggie.

Dread spiders, Bloods, Miasma...luck stacks up well.

I guess I'm saying it depends on your end game.

Does luck affect peerless drops? If so, we have relevance there as well.

hickman48

Knight
Anim - I'd argue the luck point.

Spawns, sure, no luck, no biggie.

Dread spiders, Bloods, Miasma...luck stacks up well.

I guess I'm saying it depends on your end game.

Does luck affect peerless drops? If so, we have relevance there as well.

Not cc or anything like that just loot or artys that spawn in your backpack from named mobs doom bosses and paragons.

Craudiator

Sorceror

Ilikered

Sorceror
oK
64 chiv
100 hide
40 necro
50 ninjit
120 pary
80 ss
60 stealth
120 swords ( i have 1160 cause i got 4 from brace ;P )
90 tactics.

I easly solo riktor / meph on this build cause i use super slayers. Its easier cause u jus want to find a slayer basicly. If it have stamina leech or area or spell then its a plus. :)
Curse weapon all the way 300 pig iron per spawn is enought.

If raided - cure potion - smoke bomb and sneak awayyyy waiting for art ^^ or try to hit champ and sneak away :)

Indika

Sorceror
Ok guy's I have a question. This goes to every single one of you...

#1: What race is your sampire? I have actually been highly considering changing Sativah into an elf. I am curious as to what race you guy's are running and why you think that race is superior over the other.

#2: What template is your sampire? I understand I provided the cookie cutter template but I am curious as to how many working variants there are running around? (i.e. stealth sampire, tamer sampire, miner sampire)

The Sampire bible has been around for almost a year now, and since authoring it I have met many different kinds of Sampires.

Now it's my turn to start asking my beloved disciples the questions around here!

Craudiator

Sorceror
1st: sampire ELF: (i choose elf because i need mana)
parry 120, swords 120, bush 120, tactics 110, anatomy 100, RS 100, chiv 75
use double axe and radiants... and daisho sometimes (i dont have a nice one )

2nd: hybrid sampire HUMAN: (need hiding)
fencing 120, lore 115, bushido 115, anat 100, tactics 100, vet 100, chiv 70
i use kryss and a cu sidhe. 1411 luck + perfection

indika, i have other question..
im thinking to craft bokutos to use on my sampires.. but weapon damage here is 9-11
the damage on OSI is 10-12

its wrong here?

I opted into being a wraithy rather than a pure sampire, and it's worked out better for me.
Elf
40 necro
100 ss
120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
60 chiv
90 tactics
70 magic resist OR anatomy (i use aegis of grace and shroud of deceit when I'm using magic resist)

Keep in mind I use him for nothing more than champs

Ilikered

Sorceror
Ok guy's I have a question. This goes to every single one of you...

#1: What race is your sampire? I have actually been highly considering changing Sativah into an elf. I am curious as to what race you guy's are running and why you think that race is superior over the other.

#2: What template is your sampire? I understand I provided the cookie cutter template but I am curious as to how many working variants there are running around? (i.e. stealth sampire, tamer sampire, miner sampire)

The Sampire bible has been around for almost a year now, and since authoring it I have met many different kinds of Sampires.

Now it's my turn to start asking my beloved disciples the questions around here!

- For Whammy - Human / Elf -if u go SW like me ^^
- For Sampire - Elf - cause of using Curse weapon.

I play both Whammy and Sampire

I let go stealth samp (boooring easy etc ) , SW samp - booring :( - True ANAT 120 TAct 120 120 Bush sampire - is best IMHO cause of NUUUMMMBERRRSSSS!