UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Orb in Luna...

ZachM1

Sorceror
Re: The Orb in Luna...

Maybe you all are looking into it so much that youre making it unneccessarily complicated. Just a thought.

Zach-demise said:
Maybe you all are looking into it so much that youre making it unneccessarily complicated. Just a thought.

Yeah.. anything marked 'Mysterious makes people go crazy. This has got to be a sociological test for a paper he's writing or something...

Kurwai

Wanderer

Ducymickks said:
i dont have a clue

but it prolly got something to do with ML, or the b'Day(player appreciation day) (...)
read the news... it has NOTHING to do with "b'Day".

Deepshade

Sorceror

A little pessimism never hurt anyone
I'll put my lunch-money on:
It means nothing, and the GMs are doing it for their entertainment
*Come on big money*

ASayre

Retired RunUO Developer

Oh, it means something. There IS an answer. And the orb does accept input when the right answer is put in.

I'm not THAT sadistic to write this puzzle/riddle and such to have no answer.

Kurwai

Wanderer

ASayre said:
I'm not THAT sadistic (...)

however... that doesn't mean you're not laughing while leeching satisfaction from our neckbreaking attempts ;)

say... was ever someone even close?

Pordue

Wanderer

heres a thought.....decoding the puzzle get letters and such..like nd, and aqua...try pluging them into the dashes..like the 5th and such refers to where they go in the dots...once a sentence is made input that into the orb...........I would think that it has something to do with UO, not bands or aqua team force ect.

Ripa

Sorceror

as the orb only allows to enter one word after double clicking it, the solution is for sure only a word. Btw, have you noticed that groups of dots are always 8 or 4????

Ulrich

Wanderer

Did anyone check OSI on those dates? Maybe it coincides with an event there? Also the reason I think the dots need to be solved first is they are before the questions not after them, and why is Aqua capitalized? Was Aqua ever a guild? Maybe we shouldn’t mess with it; if we solve it we might unleash something into britainia. Kind of like a Halflife or something? :eek:

All I got to say is Awesome Yancey! :D

huh

Wanderer

applesauce posted a new thread that he seems to believe its got to do with the inquisitor resolution doom puzzle

Kurwai

Wanderer

well... the real reason is knowing the unknown...

discovering undiscovered...

revealing unrevealed...!

and passing through the one and only path of enlightenment!!!

(feel the charisma? :rolleyes: )

Ulrich

Wanderer

Did he enter it into the orb? I can’t bring up the website link on his post. That’s cruel and unusual if it’s all just about the Doom Puzzles being fixed…………

After working on this close to all night. I've found out one thing. There aren't enough Cigarettes and Red Bull in the world to figure this thing out.

I've Tried:
-Switching the numbers to letters alpha-numericly. Nothing.
-Re-ordering the numbers for date format.. the dates make no sense.
-Adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying all the numbers, the strings of 8, just the dates, in every combination I could think of. Nothing.
- Reordering the words in riddle, like q to p,etc. Looking in the dictionary. Looking for the birth-month that Aquamarine represents trying to turn the words into dates. Nothing.
-Sending an ICQ message to : 71161411. Nothing.
-Looking for signifgance in the dates... didn't find much.
-Switching the numbers to Roman Numerals... and trying to make words out that way.. Nothing.
-Cussing at the thing. Nothing.
-Signifigance of the color of the orb, or the bookcase... Nothing again.
-coming up with weird things like "Desrev er tuba uqa nidnoces"
(don't ask me how i got that!!)
-Removing the last charaster, Moving the last character. Removing every fifth, I could think of, and moving. Nothing.

This thing is either so completely complicated that it cannot be done without a few TINY hints or nudges in the right direction. Or so completely simple that it's going to piss me straight the hell off IF someone ever gets it.

If there is anyone else that's trying to get this thing, share your notes, please... It may help someone else see something that they didn't before.

Applesauce said:
yeah, i solved it. Check out my post
Dude, your post is nothing more than a link to a retarded site.
Stop directing people there. If you have any ACTUAL input or help trying to solve it, we'd love to hear it. Overwise, be quiet.

Just one more idea....
Aqua is water in Latin.... the reverse of water can be fire.
Fire in latin is Ignem, maybe "Second in Aqua, but reverse" can be G, or I, if you consider fire the reverse of Aqua. Thia way we can have a lot os possibilities... p, d, b, u, i and g.
I didn´t have time to think about this riddle last week, but i´ll try to think more this weekend.

Chap

Wanderer

Yancey said:
Dude, your post is nothing more than a link to a retarded site.
Stop directing people there. If you have any ACTUAL input or help trying to solve it, we'd love to hear it. Overwise, be quiet.
Wow, lighten up. It's just a puzzle in a game. This isn't a life or death thing here.