UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Summer Update

M a r i s

Wanderer
Re: Summer Update

Are yall gonna continue to drop more houses, every day, or is it like every 2 weeks or something..?

Fix the lame ass 20 lore pvp tamers... i use the term pvp lightly. I just fought the worse "pvp" 20 lore tamer ever.....

Mark

Knight

M a r i s;1489989 said:
Are yall gonna continue to drop more houses, every day, or is it like every 2 weeks or something..?

I did a bunch more this morning.

It's basically whenever I have the time.

Moosebish

Wanderer

Hey Mark, what about the more famous people on this server that have more than 4 houses? I won't name anyone, but I know for a fact some of the richest have quite a few houses...

Mark

Knight

Moosebish;1490804 said:
Hey Mark, what about the more famous people on this server that have more than 4 houses? I won't name anyone, but I know for a fact some of the richest have quite a few houses...

I cut Tessa some slack, but she's the only one (besides the obvious.. krrios, etc).

I still haven't gone through people with 5-6 houses yet though.

Countessa

Knight

Mark;1491204 said:
I cut Tessa some slack, but she's the only one (besides the obvious.. krrios, etc).

I still haven't gone through people with 5-6 houses yet though.

Thanks Mark. I'm trying to get my last two extras squared away to get down to the limit.

daman2

Wanderer

i am plesently surprised they deleted the most worthless houses first. I think this is a good idea :)

Fr0sty

Lord

So how did you know the player had more then 4 houses? Would it be like, if my IP had logged onto other accounts that had houses then those were considered mine? Because my house fell about 4-5 days after I refreshed it(must have been about 2 weeks ago when it fell.) I dont know when you guys started doing this..I just hope that if I logged onto any friends accounts, that their houses weren't considered mine and that be the reason why mine dropped.

PS. not a rage post...just curiosity.

:(

That was a big waste of time. Just when I thought I would get my hopes up, nothing. I couldn't even find a 7x7 after an hour and a half.

maybe Mark is letting his friends know?
oh well

Spade777

Wanderer

Going by Mark's posts the last time he dropped some was four days ago, so it's likely most or all of the newly cleared spots have been taken by now. I've gone searching both times he deleted houses and seen a number of other people searching for spots just like I was. I didn't find anything the first time, but I did place a house the second time he posted.

And when I was searching for IDOCs last night I placed a small house in a spot that was open for the taking. I assume the house that was there before was deleted in one of Mark's cleanings but people just overlooked the area thinking nothing would fit. In any case, if you're looking for a small house Frog lemme know because I have one to sell =)

RalGash

Wanderer

I really think it should be one house per IP!

If more than one person is using the IP than whoever owns the computer owns the house and has to share!

I can't build my crafter character because I have no house to work in, it's really frustrating especially since it's so obvious that people have 4-6 houses when I am sitting at the bank watching them sell them for prices beyond most players reach! I'd like to have just one house, I have absolutely none because of greedy people taking them all.

I have been hunting since my first week here for a space... that was four months ago!

Isn't there add ons that can be made for more land as well for housing placement?

What about turning Yew into plot land? That would be an ideal place!

What about setting up a land where you have to buy space with real life money... say like $20.00 per square?

Slip

Page

RalGash;1495956 said:
What about turning Yew into plot land? That would be an ideal place!

What about setting up a land where you have to buy space with real life money... say like $20.00 per square?

this is probably the worst idea ive ever heard . do you know what a 7x7 would cost? thats 49 tiles x $20.00 per. gg

The Judes

Wanderer

RalGash;1495956 said:
I really think it should be one house per IP!

I can't build my crafter character because I have no house to work in, it's really frustrating especially since it's so obvious that people have 4-6 houses when I am sitting at the bank watching them sell them for prices beyond most players reach!

I have been hunting since my first week here for a space... that was four months ago!

Small houses are going for 50-100K...TOPS. Thats not beyond most players reach. When I started on Hybrid 3 months ago, I donated and bought my first house for 400K. A small for 400K. So the prices have come down considerably.

Also, I don't think you look that hard. In my roaming around on bored days, I've found probably 20 plots between 7x7 and 8x13. And not only last week when they dropped houses. But tbh, its not worth your time.

I do think it stupid that people have 4 houses.

RalGash

Wanderer

swiftman2010;1496276 said:
this is probably the worst idea ive ever heard . do you know what a 7x7 would cost? thats 49 tiles x $20.00 per. gg
Okay so how about $5.00 per square? That's a measly $245.00 for a 7x7 that I'm sure any serious gamer can afford.

I would seriously pay cash at this point, but it would have to be a size worth my while.

It wouldn't be so bad if the ovens and various other things in town worked so that you can build skills such as cooking.

I wandered around for 4 hours today and kept finding spots that looked like they would fit a house but a house certainly would not go when I tried.

Where are these houses for 50-100k that you speak of? I have never seen any. I have only seen them at 500k + just for a small wooden house or a 7x7 plot in vesper etc.

I say limit 1 house per IP and allow real life cash land buys in prime neighbourhoods that are specifically set up for it.

One idea I am having is build a town with an assortment of houses in it.
A player could buy a house with cash and then go claim it!
You could put them up for sale with little real estate screenies etc.

And here's where the idea gets even better. You start off only being allowed to own one house per IP, but you can legally own a second one if you pay for it with real life cash!

How about raffling a second house off? That would be fun and exciting too! Have a house lottery!

I wouldn't care either way because all I would really want is my 2 storey log cabin that I had back in the days of being a beta tester. I miss that house. I owned one on every shard I went to. :'(

EdTheDuck

Sorceror

RalGash;1496686 said:
I would seriously pay cash at this point, but it would have to be a size worth my while.

If you're willing to pay $5 per square, why don't you donate to the shard and get 1m Gold for $25....

As that would only be 5 squares and houses go for less. You'd be saving money =|

Spade777

Wanderer

I sold a 7x7 for 70k yesterday, and I see posts of smalls going for 50-100k almost every day. You should check the Selling forum, there are always houses being sold. And you might want to put your housing suggestions in the Suggestion Box forum.

As for your suggestions, sorry but they are ridiculous. Just because someone can technically afford $245 doesn't mean they want to spend it on a 7x7....or any game for that matter. I can only assume your post is a belated April Fool's joke or something. You seriously, honestly think it'd be a good idea to restrict housing to only those people who would pay several hundred dollars? I can't even fathom the logic behind that. If you want to turn Hybrid into a ghost town, that's one way to go about it.

If you are ok spending that much RL money for a house, which you seem to be interested in doing, then I agree with Ed's recommendation of donating for 1 mil. You can buy several houses with that much.