UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Starting a roleplaying community

PraWN

Wanderer
Ok! I've looked back over this topic and picked out the people who seem interest, the roleplaying class they are interested in and the status they would be happy with in the guild:

Samurai - Sintoo (Leader), qweazdak (Member)
Ninja - Sintoo (Leader), Luigi (Member), Xaxas (Member)
Monk - Sintoo (Leader)
Pirate - PraWN (Leader), Lord_Zero (Member), kio123 (Member)
Guardsmen - Dead-Eye (Leader)
Paladins - WarriorMan (Leader)
Lone Assassin - Trey (Leader Obviously)

Since there seems to be an interest in the Pirates guild but nobody is willing to be leader right now, I'm more than happy to create this guild and act as a temporary leader untill one comes along. The server is down right now so there's not much I can do about it now, plus I will need extra time to raise gold and such but all in good time! Also I think it would be a good idea not to officially post about your guild or start trying to recruit untill it's actually been created. However keep the ideas coming please people! Thanks!

Another thing: Dead-Eye, do you intend to make your Guardsmen and Peasants under one guild? This would be good as this would mean you don't need two characters being in charge of two guilds as it could lead to confusion during battles and events. Maybe have all the crafters as Peasants and a few fighters who are the Guardsmen?

xaxas

Wanderer
Well i already applied and was accepted as a ninja in Sintoo's clan :cool:
I already shared my idea with Sintoo but i'd like to hear other opinions too - what do you think if instead of the guild and party communications we use communication crystals? I know that is far less important than the major organisation stuff but i just figured it out and decided to share it.

WarriorMan

Wanderer
Well me and dead eye r 2 seprate ppl as far as merging or whatever he hasent said anything about the idea so i dont know bout that

WarriorMan

Wanderer
doubt it that pretty much falls under magic items one thing ive been wanting to ask for sheilds and wepons do the just have to be like npc bought so they have no mods or somthing?

dead-eye

Knight
yea ive gotten rid of peasents someone will have to take that slot over because i was thinking.

peasents should all be crafters because if we have peasents selling armor we can all just get our armor off of them

as long as its cheap.

so its more rpling

hehe

PraWN

Wanderer
Ok then. Changed! I think what I'm going to have to do is to work my little socks off when the server comes back up. What I plan to do is to become leader of one roleplaying guild and build it up untill someone is ready to take over, at which point I'll step down and let them take charge. Then what I'll do is move onto the next guild and so on... However! Jake Blackstone has put forward a very good idea which could save us a lot of time and money but still allow us to have all the fun we desire with the option to expand if needed. You can view his post here:

http://www.uodemise.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=9476

Please have a look and tell me what you think of it. If the majority likes it we may look to introduce such a thing! Thanks again!

WarriorMan

Wanderer
but really we need to get a solid idea before ppl just start saying screw this and stuff like this i few ideas have been mentioned and really i dont know witch to go wth im hoping that we get alot of rp interested so we can have seprate guilds and they dont just have like 2 ppl so come on ppl join the rp community

Sintoo

Sorceror
First of sorry I died away I got abit discouraged and for that I apolgize, but nevermind all that.
Seeing that people might not agree on rules and whatever I'm just gonna post what me and PraWN talked through, at the moment I dont care if you follow these rules I just want to get this started but for my guild these rules are what goes and if you dont like them dont join my guild ;) .

No magic items.

No powerscrolls except for craftscrolls.

Do not kill an enemy on sight. (Example, When you see an enemy roleplayer: Instead of just instantly killing them, try to roleplay for a bit before killing them and maybe not even kill them at all) I'd gladly remove this rule, but come on can you honestly tell me you arent going to run around killing the first thing that enters your screen range?.

No obscene language or immature attitude accepted.

Stay in character at all time (use guild chat, icq any other form of contacting somebody else without disrupting the gameplay, if there something you need to say or ask or if you can pull it off in the game for example your going to go and get yourself an icecream or whatever :p say something in the lines of I need to rest for awhile )

All guildmembers must have their guild abbreviation shown, except if they are civilians

No Banning from houses, and Remove should only be used in roleplayed context in non-combat situations. *kicks out assassin through window* (this meanining all houses should be public)

Avoid attacking characters that are obviously disconnected (but don't expect people to notice in the heat of battle, and don't complain when mistakes are made)

One mage allowed for every fifth member in the guild.

If you die, get ressurrected and return to your corpse. As soon as you reach it, hide, loot your remaining gear and then get away from the battle scene.
Avoid being seen as much as possible. You're currently a casualty of war.
Keep the death-robe on for 30 minutes, and do not rejoin the battle. This marks that you are Injured and may not participate in any way, including healing, stealing etc.

A member may only perform one assassination attempt on an opposing guild per 6 hours and the target may be any member of the opposing guild. In the case of a failed attempt, the scout must leave, and not attempt another assassination on that guild for the duration. (Examples of a failed attempt are when an assassin is killed or after the attack loses sight of its target (they get out of screen range).

No poisoning for now. (This might change in the future but for now no poison until we've tried this out and got it up and running)

No coloured weapons.

Things that are lootable and stealable are gold, reagents, bandages.

I'm certain more rules will come and changes will be made but to get this thing of the ground this is the way it will be started and these rules are what goes now. (for my guild atleast :p )

Information on my guild and how to join:

Guild Name: The Nakamura Clan
Guild Abbreviation: TNC
Name: Katsu Takashi
ICQ Number: 276658840
Guild Location: Yew crossroads. (I'll add a picture in the end of this reply so you can see where its located if you dont know)
History and description:
Dont have one yet since I've changed the whole story so I guess it will have to come later :eek: But We will roleplay as ancient Japanese warriors who has been driven away from their homeland.

Information on ranks:

Peasant: This is the lowest rank you can get and its reserved for those who don’t follow rules or does something really stupid basically and are demoted.

Ashigura: A foot soldier the lowest of warrior ranks. This is what you will start out as when you join before you will be accepted into one of the different casts that you want to join.

Samurai: A trained warrior of the clan, and the main fighting force.

Ninja: Stealthy assassins who uses poison to weaken their enemies and is used for ambushing.
Only rank that is allowed to use poison. (we wont use poison though for now)

Daimyo: The leaders of the samurais who are allowed to lead small bands of samurais.

Ninja: Master: The leader of the ninjas.

Wajo: A monk who has dedicated his life to meditation and finding inner peace. High priest, the head of the temple. Only rank that is allowed to use magic.

Swordsmith: The craftsman of the clan.

If you want to join your character will have an asian sounding name.
Your more then welcome to write a story about your character some description and such.
-What do you like/hate?
-What purpose do you have more then to serve the clan?
-Any unusual habits?

Seeing that we wont use any magic items and have some restrictions I want you to think through this, because we will probably get our asses handed to us if we play with other guilds that doesnt follow this. I dont want any whiners and griefers. If you feel that your nothing more then your items then once again dont join. I want players that rather loose knowing they've roleplayed good and doesnt care if they've lost or won. On a sidenote imagine how much sweeter our victory will be if we win ;) .

Here is where we will be located.

I hope i've given you quite some bedtime reading now ;) with this rant being quite long and so I'm sure I've missed alot of things. But for now peace out!.

dead-eye

Knight
lol that spot by grtaveyard is currently the spot of the jail/ guardsmen hq but im moving toa spot to the right in one of those randome spots i advise that the peasents live around the hq so we can set up guard towers around the peasents to protect them. also peasents should just live in little cabins around the woods too.