UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Should sallos be removed?

Should sallos be removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Should sallos be removed?

I voted no.

I'm going to list some pro's of both razor and sallos to better exemplify my reasoning.

Razor

Pro's

Can use easyuo.

Can name mounts.

Can design a house.

Can make complex "if" macros on the fly

Can trade macros to other people

Can use a guild message as a system message to begin macros.

Can auto cure.

Can run multiple windows, with different hotkeys, making key cloning a very real possibility.

General movement is faster, ie: Running.

Has auto sell/buy agents, making farming vendors for resources a 10 second job.

Sallos

Pro's

Has super sticky icons, that must be shift+right clicked to exit. (ever chase someone around, and accidently close their health bar? GRRRRR!!!)

Automaticly grabs the bars of people in your party. (Not everyone else that you set as a last target, I think people are getting confused about this.)

Has a brand new look, bringing a refreshing feeling to a 12 year old game.

Has built in quick loot, (To our sallos illiterate, you hit a key and you're cursor becomes a target, that you click on something and it attempts to move into your backpack.)

Has a overview map that doesn't lag, and shows you all the spots that are marked in runebooks in your backpack, or immediate vicinity.

Can recall/gate by simply double clicking/ Shift+double clicking the overview map.

Produces a sound when you stun someone, or are stunned yourself. Also broadcasts this to your party.

Has a use wand by type feature, so you can pack a heal wand, and a fireball, and a g. heal, and a mana drain...ect. Which dismisses the need to make a macro for every wand you plan on packing.

Has a function that simply typing . recall x, where x is the rune's name, recalls you there. example: ". recall my x road"

Now here is a few cons.

Razor Cons-

It's the same graphics we have all been staring at the last 12 years.

You can use easyuo.

You can make ridiulous macros that string togather.

Example:

If sysmesssys "You have succesfully stunned"
say "[g stunned"
else
if sysmessys ""stunned"
last target
cast spell energy bolt
wait for target
pause 1.50 sec
last target
else

and set it to loop.

Congrats, without useing easyuo you have just used razor, to make an entire guild explosion ebolt dump on the same target without a caller.

You're so good
This won't work with the words i put in it. I did it this way on purpose to prove a point, rather then list a macro for you all.

Sallos Cons-

You run a tad bit slower in general, making you easier bait for dexxers and a horde of stunner's on your butt.

You cannot name mounts.

You cannot design a house.

The crafting menu for all trades is somewhat bugged.

----------------------------------------

I could go on, but it's dinner time. This should be pretty sufficient.

Mara

Knight

Razor autocure and easyuo are illegal. The rest of the pros of Razor listed seem to be non-PVP related. The macro thing is interesting, but if you have it rolling non-stop then you can't use any other macros. Could make it work though depending on what you consider PVP though.

I don't think anyone gives a rat's ass about differences between the client's that have no PVP impact. But there is definitely significant differences that impact PVP. Scrap one, combine the two, or at least ensure both client's have the same PVP advantages/disadvantages. I really think that if you can tell what client your opponent is using, something is very wrong with the game.

i said no simply because i have talked to several people that said they would no longer PvP if sallos was removed.....myself i use Razor and have no interest in Sallos...i like having to pull all bars by myself and if i close last targets bar...well then i gotta grab it again '=/....makes a nice challenge...i dnt have a problem with sallos although i do give people crap about using it..calling it a krutch client...buahaha...but it def. does make your average PvP'er better...also for those talking about its cut offs....its simple to cut-off in razor aswell.....remember whats what in your runebooks and its just as fast....

Mara;2008993 said:
The macro thing is interesting, but if you have it rolling non-stop then you can't use any other macros. Could make it work though depending on what you consider PVP though.

You can make a macro that lights a candle in your bag.

That could end your macro.

And you can just assisgn the guild drop to somethign like ctrl+alt+z.

I just listed a few things that came to mind.

I could have made it super simple

razor-easyuo,run fast, cool macros.

sallos-easy recalling,fast loot, cool wands.
-------------
Also, you think something being illegal is simply going to stop people from doing it?

It's an advantage that people have/will use.

1382;2008878 said:
No he and many others have complained about this before and the others use Sallos as well. I don't like some of the features in Sallos but, my favorite feature in Sallos is the smooth movement, if I could have that on razor I'd switch instantly.

Edit1: Heavy Smoker barley plays and when the staff removed wands (from duels) he stopped playing altogether and that includes Luigi.
Edit2: Look at all these people on the forums (a lawyer, Heavy Smoker, incubusfan1413, Reign Flame, Simon Cowell, thereverandleech) that voted Yes, how often do these people actually faction or even pvp, only 1 person maybe 2 out of there I see actually pvp.

Sadly, I pvp DAILY get your shit straight. I duel daily also, and no you can't beat me. Anyways, please do not reply to this thread unless you actually PvP I forgot to add that in my thread.

Also, the people that are calling me bad, I'll be happy to 1v1 or 1v2, stay on sallos.

KraCKa

Sorceror

although I voted no, it really wouldn't matter to me either way. I do enjoy the look of sallos as well as the smooth movement, though I tend to be a bit slower. I still play with razor from time to time, and for me personally the only huge sallos advantage is the travel agent and the ease of wand use.

tdiddy3411

Sorceror

Getting rid of sallos will only diminish the already dwindling shard population. Terrible idea.

for anyone who says they would quit if sallos was removed or vice versa is retarded. that makes you almost as bad as the people that script. its like saying i cant play unless i have my my lucky hat on with my beer in hand. no offense but quiting a game because you cant use a dif client is like admiting that you are aware of its serious flaws or advantages. either way you look at it quiting over a client is stupid and really says something about you.

Mara

Knight

Your post had some good points Dragon, it just seemed that Sallos has many PVP related advantages listed while Razor has utilitarian non-PVP benefits. As for the easyuo thing, I'm sure it is just a matter of time before another batch of modified KUOC users get banned for doing things you weren't supposed to be able to do for that client. You can't really list illegal things as a benefit.

-Smart pot feature of sallos is as close to an autopot/cure feature as you can get - and it's legal
-Runebook cutoff - maybe nice feature, but does affect PVP without question
-Quickloot - don't really care much, but it does allow people to loot their buddy when you should be
-Stun reporting-Doesn't even make sense that this is in there. Do they also report parablow, etc to all the members of party. Seems like client is designed around stun mage templates. Very odd that if you stun someone, everyone automatically gets to know about it. Same thing with targeting people.
-Timing-Some say that aspects of spellcasting/weapon equipping is faster is Sallos. I don't know-so it's just hearsay. But if things are, then that is a serious discrepency.

Maybe they need to start implementing the negotiate features with server for Razor - get rid of things like 'if sysmessage', maybe looping. Do the same with Sallos, so that other shards can still do what they want.

supdog1337

Wanderer

Heavy Smoker;2009011 said:
Also, the people that are calling me bad, I'll be happy to 1v1 or 1v2, stay on sallos.

give me a skillball and regs, i'd be more than happy to whip that ass

Addicted

Disciple

Really, I don't have a problem with Sallos, but I voted yes because I feel that everyone should have to use the same client, whatever is. At the moment I don't really think Sallos is complete since you can't do a lot of basic stuff with it.

Mara;2008993 said:
I really think that if you can tell what client your opponent is using, something is very wrong with the game.

Exactly, everyone I duel I can tell right off if they use Sallos without thinking twice, the client is way overpowered, and gives way to many advantages, I cant stress it enough. The program was made to be a cheat program in the first place.

supdog1337;2009048 said:
give me a skillball and regs, i'd be more than happy to whip that ass

Keep talking on the Forums where you don't have to prove yourself, you shouldn't even be posting here if you don't play anyways.

supdog1337

Wanderer

Heavy Smoker;2009052 said:
Keep talking on the Forums where you don't have to prove yourself, you shouldn't even be posting here if you don't play anyways.

i told you - give me a skillball and regs and i will install uo, beat your ass, then uninstall again.

supdog1337;2009053 said:
i told you - give me a skillball and regs and i will install uo, beat your ass, then uninstall again.

Yeah, I'm going to supply a random unknown pvper shit on a game he knows nothing about. Get the fuck off the forums if you don't play, and stop throwing threads off topic.

supdog1337

Wanderer

Heavy Smoker;2009055 said:
Yeah, I'm going to supply a random unknown pvper shit on a game he knows nothing about. Get the fuck off the forums if you don't play, and stop throwing threads off topic.

good dodge bro

i am staying on topic. you brought it up.

razor is buggy and the osi client runs like shit on decent computers

not all of us live in a trailer and play on pentiums dude give it up

Suil Ban;2009061 said:
razor is buggy and the osi client runs like shit on decent computers

not all of us live in a trailer and play on pentiums dude give it up

I'm not sure what kind of computer/connection you're on that 2D ultima online would run like shit, but I'd switch if I were you. I play on Dialup and I don't have a problem at all. Is this your excuse to use a cheat client, please reply with something decent on why it should or shouldn't be removed instead of posting retarded comments like above.

the osi client runs like shit on multicore processors and i dont want to be fucked setting affinity to get a buggy 13-year-old game to work on my modern computer when i can use a client that works better, looks better, smells better etc fag suck on my cock