UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Should sallos be removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

What do you guys think, although Ryan says it wont get removed I'd like to see opinions. It has taken away MOST of the difficulty to the game, such as smart potions, auto looting, auto pulling bars, faster movement/delay/castings, recall option. The list goes on and on, would you still play if it was removed? People who were no good before sallos, are now average players.

Please state why it should or shouldn't be removed, thanks.

Re: Should sallos be removed?

they just need to delete the damn recalling system and the looter. its lame that it takes no time to completely loot a body.

i will say i like how it pulls bars. its not exactly auto unless your in a party. otherwise its just a smooth pass across the target to get the bar. which is very nice and can be done while chasing them.

incubusfan1413;2008822 said:
i will say i like how it pulls bars. its not exactly auto unless your in a party. otherwise its just a smooth pass across the target to get the bar. which is very nice and can be done while chasing them.

Which takes away difficulty of calling/pulling bars, yet another advantage over people that play legit.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

I am using razor and I notice someone (probably salllos player) can play with greater advantage. Especially in looting corpse, I can never loot faster than them.

But, I think that everyone can choose to use razor or sallos. As long as choice exists, there is no strong reason to remove it. So, I vote for "No".

So instead of wanting good fights you want easy fights where there is no challenge. Almost everything Sallos does Razor can do with the exception of wands and recall.

- you can record yourself emptying a corpse and change it into a hotkey to make it just like sallos (I'm being vague on purpose).

- you can make a smart potion on razor as well using the if statement.

Your argument might be valid about playing legit if razor didn't have the if system message in it.

That being said the only thing I don't like about razor is that it has a max amount of bars to pull and you get mysterious stoppages in the middle of running when you have no lag. If those were updated I'd have no problem playing razor full time.

Squire

Heavy, I agree with you somewhat, but mainly when I go into a faction fight I never have anyone's bars, it makes it easier and my team follows me by direction that I call out. My group/team only has our party bars and that's it, yeah the auto loot might be a bitch here and there but honestly it doesn't really affect pvp that much.. yeah someone might take your bag filled with regs/pots but I bet others can do that manually. imo if you think nobody can grab a bag and keep pvping like you can in Sallos: look at stides (he's on razor).

My 2 cents, just saying.
- Link

Squire
supdog1337;2008872 said:
are you upset because you can't run sallos?
No he and many others have complained about this before and the others use Sallos as well. I don't like some of the features in Sallos but, my favorite feature in Sallos is the smooth movement, if I could have that on razor I'd switch instantly.

Edit1: Heavy Smoker barley plays and when the staff removed wands (from duels) he stopped playing altogether and that includes Luigi.
Edit2: Look at all these people on the forums (a lawyer, Heavy Smoker, incubusfan1413, Reign Flame, Simon Cowell, thereverandleech) that voted Yes, how often do these people actually faction or even pvp, only 1 person maybe 2 out of there I see actually pvp.

a lawyer

Sorceror

I definitely think the auto-bar pull and travel agent things are an advantage to sallos, not to mention the ability to enter a plot from the east.

I'd like to see the playing field totally even i.e. all razor or all sallos

1382;2008878 said:
No he and many others have complained about this before and the others use Sallos as well. I don't like some of the features in Sallos but, my favorite feature in Sallos is the smooth movement, if I could have that on razor I'd switch instantly.

Edit1: Heavy Smoker barley plays and when the staff removed wands (from duels) he stopped playing altogether and that includes Luigi.
Edit2: Look at all these people on the forums (a lawyer, Heavy Smoker, incubusfan1413, Reign Flame, Simon Cowell, thereverandleech) that voted Yes, how often do these people actually faction or even pvp, only 1 person maybe 2 out of there I see actually pvp.

I haven't factioned as much as I liked to but I will be doing alot again like I used to in the next couple of days. I actually prefer razor over sallos for its speed in getting away from ganks. I can adapt to either one I just prefer sallos atm because of the cut offs wands and smooth movement.

Edit - If they had smooth movement on razor i'd definately switch over as well. Tired of the stopping in the midst of a run for no apparent reason. It never happens in sallos.

jorn

Sorceror

Simon Cowell;2008837 said:
So instead of wanting good fights you want easy fights where there is no challenge. Almost everything Sallos does Razor can do with the exception of wands and recall.

- you can record yourself emptying a corpse and change it into a hotkey to make it just like sallos (I'm being vague on purpose).

- you can make a smart potion on razor as well using the if statement.

Your argument might be valid about playing legit if razor didn't have the if system message in it.

That being said the only thing I don't like about razor is that it has a max amount of bars to pull and you get mysterious stoppages in the middle of running when you have no lag. If those were updated I'd have no problem playing razor full time.

No, he just wants to be better because he is more skilled. Sallos leveled the playing field alot. Soooo many people got better at this game when sallos became widespread.

Trying to use if statments and sysmessage macros to pvp with razor, just simply doesn't work.

Razor's targetting system and smart target option is buggy as hell.

Theoretically, razor can do the stuff sallos does, but practically there is no way you can use the macros and stuff in the field.

That being said, I use razor and will continue to use it despite the disadvantage it brings to the field. It just feels more like uo than sallos ever would. I would love to see sallos gone, but , like smoker said, never gonna happen.

EDIT: But, if you really knew what you were doing with easyuo, you could be a beast on razor. But, of course, that would be illegal.

supdog1337

Wanderer

1382;2008878 said:
Edit1: Heavy Smoker barley plays and when the staff removed wands (from duels) he stopped playing altogether

heavy smoker rarely dueled in the first place because he didn't want people to see how bad he really was

1382;2008878 said:
and that includes Luigi.

luigi quit when all his accounts got banned for adding/selling 200+ mil on his gm

1382;2008878 said:

agreed

Mara

Knight

If this shard is to be a great PVP shard, then the differences between clients should be reconciled. The extra PVP benefits that Sallos has need to be evaluated for fairness, and then added to Razor or eliminated. The same goes for PVP benefits of Razor.

I'd imagine there were plenty of things that Zippy could have added to Razor, but didn't because they hurt the game. You shouldn't be able to tell at all that a person is using one client or the next.

peteliv

Knight

eh i only use razor but if they remove sallos im sure people would leave not that they'd be missed i just don't see the point in getting people hooked on a prog like that its sad, like people can't just go back to razor

bk0811

Knight

One thing I do hate about sallos (I'm a razor user) is when we do CTF events or stuff like that your screen is just spammed with all the sallos users switching targets and shit

supdog1337

Wanderer

bk0811;2008934 said:
One thing I do hate about sallos (I'm a razor user) is when we do CTF events or stuff like that your screen is just spammed with all the sallos users switching targets and shit

/quit

problem solved

WillyDaSquid

Sorceror

This was a tough choice for me. I have told people (heavy) that I would be all for Sallos being removed from Hybrid. Although, after thinking about the effect it could possibly have on the community we have left.. I sided against it. In all actuality, I haven't seen this server in this kind of shape. I am going to elaborate on what I mean, but I hope no one takes this personal or the wrong way. I have never seen such a shortage of good players on this shard EVER (I am only speaking from MY experience, I am not saying I am better than anyone). Its kind of ironic seeing as how the players of Hybrid have a pretty good tool at their disposal. Don't get me wrong, there are still a fair amount of good players (won't throw names).

I remember the days when it was never hard to find a good fight. Bleh, I am getting off track. As much as we all love to tell one another how bad the other is, we aren't playing an easy game. Not to mention, we are playing a game that is VERY HARD on new players. I think the addition of Sallos has made it pretty easy to elevate the game of those players who might have been watching from the sidelines. Those players who have might have been hesitant to use wands before, or whatever.

I can see this argument from both sides. If your looking at this from a business prospective, removing Sallos would be counterproductive. Sure, you may gain some of the old veterans coming back. But, I would imagine you could lose a chunk of the playerbase as well. Also, making things more difficult on the potential future factioners/pvpers. Now, I have been on the ride long enough to know if I quit, its probably a matter of time before I come back. I am also aware that its not players like me that are going to keep this server alive.

I guess in the end, your faced with the difficult decision lots of people are slapped with;
do you conserve the old ways or try to make changes for the better. All I know, this is one of FEW games that don't require me to sign my life away in order to enjoy it. If I WERE Ryan I would also be worried about offending a person who has put tons of work in (Krrios).

All in all, beatin' a dead horse.