UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Recent Bannings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Recent Bannings

Kelloggs Goatios;334367 said:
Who got banned?

Why out other people (such as the rw empire), and not out these clowns.

Inquiring minds want to know.

1 does not equal 0, shut up.

As far as I know, most of -S-. Twizlers & Night Wolf are the two main ones I think.

ld.stn.wn

Don't know of any others yet.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Tokko.;334191 said:
hmm
staff finds a loophole, leaves it open to be exploited and monitor people, ban.

thats how real life works i think, leave warm pie in windowsil, jail person who takes pie.

grrrreat

No, real life doesn't work like that. There's a defence called entrapment ( Canada only ? ) Where if a police officer, or any person of judicial power, does something to provoke a crime. I.e it would not have happend without the action of the officer. The charges are immediatly dropped.

So, not like real life.

Mister Dank

Knight

Watch COPS. They use "sting" operations all the time, putting a fake hooker out on the street and busting anyone that solicits her "services".

Tokko.

Wanderer

luigi-demise;334432 said:
No, real life doesn't work like that. There's a defence called entrapment ( Canada only ? ) Where if a police officer, or any person of judicial power, does something to provoke a crime. I.e it would not have happend without the action of the officer. The charges are immediatly dropped.

So, not like real life.
the pie analogy is magnifying the situation. the exploit was not offered to players per se, but watching them use it instead of implementing the fix is the problem imo.

and stings ops are also bullshit, thats actually close to the pie analogy.

maybe this isn't like the pie, but targeting a nature's fury on a 3rd floor is WAY more harmful the entire world.

free saeros

and unfirewall fatcore, he posts 2girls1cup while drunk and now we can't pvp together anymore ;[

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Tokko.;334437 said:
the pie analogy is magnifying the situation. the exploit was not offered to players per se, but watching them use it instead of implementing the fix is the problem imo.

and stings ops are also bullshit, thats actually close to the pie analogy.

maybe this isn't like the pie, but targeting a nature's fury on a 3rd floor is WAY more harmful the entire world.

free saeros

and unfirewall fatcore, he posts 2girls1cup while drunk and now we can't pvp together anymore ;[

So, what you are implying just because drugs are not offered to me, if I were to abuse them i SHOULDN'T be criminally responsible?

People knew what they were doing, they knew it was an exploit, it was unacceptable and they got what they deserved.

Tokko.

Wanderer

no im saying that if you catch a drug dealer, you don't put him back on the street so you can catch all of his buyers.

Naddict

Sorceror

Tokko.;334507 said:
staff doesn't like people playing here? ban as many as possible

The staff don't like players here who break the rules and use exploits. You break the rules and you get banned. End of story.

psz

Administrator

Tokko.;334452 said:
no im saying that if you catch a drug dealer, you don't put him back on the street so you can catch all of his buyers.

You've obviously never studied US Law Enforcement.

That is *EXACTLY* what most police departments do. Counter-productive, if you ask me.

</rant>

luigi-demise;334432 said:
No, real life doesn't work like that. There's a defence called entrapment ( Canada only ? )
No, it's found in the USA as well.

Mister Dank;334434 said:
Watch COPS. They use "sting" operations all the time, putting a fake hooker out on the street and busting anyone that solicits her "services".
COPS is heavily dramatized... And tends to end with the arresting of the suspect. It doesn't ever show what happens later. Depending on the tactics used, such arrests may very well be thrown out of court: if the police/agents at *any* point try to PUSH for the person to commit a crime, that person will then be able to QUITE viably claim entrapment in the court, and have the case thrown out, with them free to go.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Yay, I'm being likened to state and federal law enforcement... and here all I thought was I logged into a game and tried to keep it as fair as possible for all people playing. Wow. Cool! :p

seriously, folks - if you break the rules, you get in trouble... very simple.

LC

Tokko.

Wanderer

wouldn't it be smarter to not leave avenues open to break rules than to diminish the playerbase?

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Tokko.;334537 said:
wouldn't it be smarter to not leave avenues open to break rules than to diminish the playerbase?

like natures fury onto 3rd floor...apparently that bug was left untouched for months after we left. the banstick is not a happy thing

If people can't control their urges to cheat, i wish them good luck in life.

Tokko.

Wanderer

man you guys raise such good points and inciteful arguments
it's like arguing with osi gm's

"cheaters deserve to be punished!"
repeat for every post i make

Status
Not open for further replies.