UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Recent Bannings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripa

Sorceror
Re: Recent Bannings

If I have the time I will show you how 1=0 and throw to the trash all your matemathics knoweledge.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

ah, I love that formula, however I never took it to say that 1=0 it is just there to have people say the answer is 0 when in fact it is 1... hmmm perhaps we are thinking of a different equation :)

LadySiren

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;333916 said:
ah, I love that formula, however I never took it to say that 1=0 it is just there to have people say the answer is 0 when in fact it is 1... hmmm perhaps we are thinking of a different equation :)

Agreed.
As far as im aware, it can only occur if your calculation divides by zero

Ripa

Sorceror

LadySiren;334036 said:

I cant remember by memory the one showing that 1=0, but here you have the one showing that 0=-1

I said before "pure calculus" so now do not blame on me for the formula :rolleyes:

View attachment 5084

Who believes in maths anymore ? :D

Attachments

• 0=-1.gif
    0=-1.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 166

LadySiren

Wanderer

Ripa;334113 said:
I cant remember by memory the one showing that 1=0, but here you have the one showing that 0=-1

I said before "pure calculus" so now do not blame on me for the formula :rolleyes:

View attachment 5084

Who believes in maths anymore ? :D

I believe you are forgetting the constant of integration for indefinite integrals - this is a common mistake, but im glad you didnt show me the same example I was taught in algebra (many moons ago) - which is also incorrect
Additionally, by your calculation, 0 is also equal to 1.

Tokko.

Wanderer

hmm
staff finds a loophole, leaves it open to be exploited and monitor people, ban.

thats how real life works i think, leave warm pie in windowsil, jail person who takes pie.

grrrreat

Hobomancer

Wanderer

Mmm... Pie! I like pie.

But anyways, it seriously does make more sense, even if it sounds like baiting. Just because a crime can be commited, and looks appealing to you as an individual, doesn't mean you should. There's (usually) a reason it's illegal... In this case, because it's an unfair advantage over other players.

The point basically is people who have no qualms with taking unfair advantages in a multiplayer game are pretty much the sort of players we really don't need, since this is a community, and the idea is to make the majority of the people happy-ish.

I mean, if someone res-killed you, it's not like you'd pass it off and say "Oh, I was baiting him -- I accepted the res and had 1 HP and everything"...

[EDIT]
Also, I for one say no thank you to the gold wipe idea... While I hate how valueless gold is in Demise, just for an example it's all I have basically. I have about 650k gold and two of the crappiest minor artifacts in the game, being Iolo's Lute and the Luna Lance. Anything else i have is equipment I'm actively using, and that's not even BRSK leather we're talking about, let alone artifact equipment. So wiping gold -- as said before -- would basically cost me what little I have.

[EDIT]
Okay, I have one somewhat valuable shield I got off a bone daemon, if I can just get it enhanced anyways.

Ulizeus

Sorceror

LadySiren;334144 said:
I believe you are forgetting the constant of integration for indefinite integrals - this is a common mistake, but im glad you didnt show me the same example I was taught in algebra (many moons ago) - which is also incorrect
Additionally, by your calculation, 0 is also equal to 1.

Yup, not common mistake, is just a misundertand, u should say something like 0=1+c and still say that 0 equals something different, lol, also, thats why there are different ways to integrate, couse sometimes will get u to things like this, that not help to solve the problem, but are pretty educational :D.

P.S. Im studying physics, and believe me, I do believe in the existence of maths a lot more than something people call just god)

And dont think they do that on purpuse, I do believe more that they know an exploit, check why is hapenning and check whos exploiting it, wait a few period and then, bang, mass ban :). (dunno if they fix it before or after ban :()

st3in

Wanderer

Ulizeus;334220 said:
(dunno if they fix it before or after ban :()

What makes you think the exploit was fixed? Forgive me, I don't remember staff communicating that, specifically.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

thats how real life works i think, leave warm pie in windowsil, jail person who takes pie.

This would only be true if the pie was placed there EXPLICITLY to taunt someone enough to steal it. Staff did not put anything in place to bait anyone. The exploit was in game and while working on correcting the exploit, people were using it.

I think a better analogy would be someone who lost their wallet or purse. They don't know they lost it. You find it. Do you keep the money or return it? Everyone who used the exploit had an equal opportunity to report it to staff - you know, do the right thing. But, unfortunately, each chose not to.

st3in

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;334331 said:
I think a better analogy would be someone who lost their wallet or purse.

Yup indeedy.

Cronus;333010 said:
allowing a player to make millions upon millions of gold per hour with very little effort.

More like, "Hey, Uncle Sam, you dropped your fort Knox back there."

Who got banned?

Why out other people (such as the rw empire), and not out these clowns.

Inquiring minds want to know.

1 does not equal 0, shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.