UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Recent Bannings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkrlz

Knight
Re: Recent Bannings

I KNEW I KNEW IT !!! he was one of the ones in my list ahah.

By - Emorian, Nairome.
i cheated for about 3 months,

SRC_Caine;333090 said:
Negative.

I rly would like to know =(
Its fixed isnt it?
i think there's no problem letting ppl know =(

Nottheking;333257 said:
Fixed. :p

Although I don't even know exactly what the exploit was, I think I have a FAIR idea of how they decided who to punish...

From what I'd judge, (it's actually something I've not actually tested with in RunUO yet) the staff *can* tell when people modify their houses. As I recall, house designs, until saved or committed/built, are *not* stored on the server, and are only client-side, so at the very least, committing a design would show as a large bandwidth spike. (I might be wrong, though)

At any rate, the staff would be able to check who was modifying their houses a lot, and also keep tabs on their bank balance... It'd then be pretty easy to tell who was exploiting it, by simply noting who was repeatedly modifying their own house(s) with a rapidly spiraling bank balance, with no other activity. This would leave out those that got their money in a legitimate manner.

Likewise, I'd bet that for those that might've accidentally STUMBLED upon the exploit, but didn't intentionally use it, would be easily noted by the fact that they only modified their house and gained from it perhaps once or twice. And I'd predict that the staff likely didn't do anything against those people, since it could be safely assumed that they were innocent of intentional wrongdoing.

you're theory on tabbing banks and such makes alot of sense.. however, why did they wait to ban me today? since i hadn't done it for a while, i can't understand why today. i didn't do it yesterday for example.. so that was just an extra day for me for no reason? it's just confusing in that manner nothing more..

pkrlz;333278 said:
I KNEW I KNEW IT !!! he was one of the ones in my list ahah.

By - Emorian, Nairome.
i cheated for about 3 months,

:p

but you, like many others based your suspician on that 60 mil

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Member-Demise;333302 said:
you're theory on tabbing banks and such makes alot of sense.. however, why did they wait to ban me today? since i hadn't done it for a while, i can't understand why today. i didn't do it yesterday for example.. so that was just an extra day for me for no reason? it's just confusing in that manner nothing more..

Why do they wait to arrest criminals? In order to gather enough evidence, and make sure that noone who is innocent is banned. Simple.

Member-Demise;333302 said:
Simple explanation: they probably didn't arrive at a decision and finalize it until today.

As for a gap in people doing it, they can't necessarily tell why that gap is there... Perhaps they were pre-occupied and interested in doing other things? It's really a far-fetched and potentially naive guess to assume that they're "not going to do it again." As the current evidence, at the time, noted that they'd ALREADY clearly broken the rules with that, and did so willingly, without any other action to suggest that they'd be against it. (such as reporting the exploit)

luigi-demise;333304 said:
Why do they wait to arrest criminals? In order to gather enough evidence, and make sure that noone who is innocent is banned. Simple.

that is exactly what i am saying. im pretty sure i left no evidence over the past week for example.. so if they wer waiting, i wud say they had to wait a little longer cos i wasn't about to do anything for a while for sure. and i mean.. im pretty curious about the evidence, speaking as a curious roamer here.. i wudn't mind tbh to go public on this and if they wanna show exactly how they did it to catch me.. so be it.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Member-Demise;333306 said:
that is exactly what i am saying. im pretty sure i left no evidence over the past week for example.. so if they wer waiting, i wud say they had to wait a little longer cos i wasn't about to do anything for a while for sure. and i mean.. im pretty curious about the evidence, speaking as a curious roamer here.. i wudn't mind tbh to go public on this and if they wanna show exactly how they did it to catch me.. so be it.

Yes, but they can't analyze all of the shard's logs in one hour. It takes time, and UO is not their primary job, it's more like a hobby than a job.

crackhead

Knight

are you deleting everything in there houses since it was gotten with illegally? it would be a shame to ruin the economy like the duping did on ea shards.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

To answer your question, crackhead, houses of each banned individual were evaluated and deleted if found to be something that would hinder rather than help the economy.

crackhead

Knight

ty, the admins here suprise me everytime. on ea you have to brag about cheating for awhile before they do anything. nice work

jrhather

Wanderer

I'd love to see a gold wipe after things like this. Seriously, it'd keep the economy in a really health state for at least a year....on until someone finds another exploit.

jrhather;333324 said:
I'd love to see a gold wipe after things like this.
I would seriously think that such a thing would be a bad idea: potentially even worse than re-introducing ToTs. No matter what you're going to do, if you do something to mess with the economy, it's ALWAYS going to screw some people over. In that case, it'd be a major boon to those who stockpiled BRSKs and LToTs, and would absolutely devastate most people who hadn't quite reached the level of trading items like that. In other words, you'd suddenly lose the few hundred players on at any given time that have yet to get a bunch of artifacts, as they just lost everything they worked for. Way to go...

jrhather

Wanderer

true.
but everybody would be gp-less. BRSK or no, it's hard to sell something if there is no cash to buy it with.

expect a lot of trades
expect prices to go down drastically as people slash price trying to rid themselves of items....which is great for the newb and not so great for the 4-year vet that only sells gtots, arties and brsks.

Cronus;333010 said:
Here is some staff -> player communication for those who are interested in such things.

Several months ago Demise staff were made aware of an exploit in the custom housing code which would allow players to farm gold. This exploit was very serious, allowing a player to make millions upon millions of gold per hour with very little effort. So we did what staff always do in this kind of situation, we watched and waited.

Well, my friends, the waiting is over; and a few players are no longer with us. Sadly, some of them are names that many of us had come to accept as upstanding members of the community.

At the same time as these bannings were going down, a few other players were also met with a banstick for either using PlayUO or modded Razor.

Merry Christmas!

...Hand caught in the cookie jar I see :D. If they exploited instead of reporting it, they deserved to be banned.

jrhather;333359 said:
true.
but everybody would be gp-less. BRSK or no, it's hard to sell something if there is no cash to buy it with.
Which is why things like BRSKs, LToTs, etc. have been used as their own currency for quite a while. And I think it's safe to say that perhaps a majority of trades made for items worth over 1 million gold go for other items anyway, not gold.

jrhather;333359 said:
expect a lot of trades
expect prices to go down drastically as people slash price trying to rid themselves of items....which is great for the newb and not so great for the 4-year vet that only sells gtots, arties and brsks.
I doubt it'd cause a serious value crash for items. It would certainly provide SOME deflation, but I doubt it'd be incredibly serious... And as for the newbs? They wouldn't have anything to *buy* those cheap artifacts with; they wouldn't be as fast as gathering gold as more experienced people. Not to mention they're the ones more likely to be discouraged, since they just lost ALL of their liquid-ish stuff in the gold wipe. So they'd likely quit the shard, and thus there'd be few of said group to buy those items in the first place...

So it'd just make the economy lopsided even more...

pkrlz

Knight

Member-Demise;333303 said:
:p

but you, like many others based your suspician on that 60 mil

No, i didnt say u had bought an orny, I just said someone had bought an orny+gtots+artyes with only cash. I'm sure that the guy used more than 100kk(gold, not itens) in like 1 day.

crackhead;333319 said:
ty, the admins here suprise me everytime. on ea you have to brag about cheating for awhile before they do anything. nice work

Dark Dreams;333398 said:
Wow.. I hate cheaters! Thanks, admins for makeing the shard alot better :D

QFT!

Khephren

Knight

Nottheking;333332 said:
I would seriously think that such a thing would be a bad idea: potentially even worse than re-introducing ToTs. No matter what you're going to do, if you do something to mess with the economy, it's ALWAYS going to screw some people over. In that case, it'd be a major boon to those who stockpiled BRSKs and LToTs, and would absolutely devastate most people who hadn't quite reached the level of trading items like that. In other words, you'd suddenly lose the few hundred players on at any given time that have yet to get a bunch of artifacts, as they just lost everything they worked for. Way to go...

if you present yourself for elections, ima vote for you !

Ripa

Sorceror

pkrlz;333403 said:
I'm sure that the guy used more than 100kk(gold, not itens) in like 1 day. QFT!

There has been times when I had more than 100 millions just in cash. I never used a exploit to make cash, nor a bug to make me richer, and I do not think that being that kind of rich would automatically make me "guilty". There are a lot of innocent people in Demise that worked hard during a long long time to get to a superior level of cash balance.

Maybe, it is time for people to start doing other kind of things in this shard apart from farming gauntlet looking for arties. Some people really need to know that UO is not only Doom. They will probably shock if they realise all places in this game that can make you have fun, better than running from one room to another on an everlasting loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.