UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 75 - 5/13/07

Flipper

Knight
Re: Publish 75 - 5/13/07

Sypher;1422705 said:
So you think a red should have the same benefits of a blue?

Exactly... hell no they shouldn't.

Going red ought to bring on a lot more responsibility. I remember when reds couldn't even enter towns and when there was stat loss... be thankful that you are as spoiled as you are.

Green Jelly

Wanderer

Nice patch this will make the game alot more interesting. I.e people should only own 3 houses so they can place one at an idoc and sell it off to a new player.

Hydrofiend

Knight

I think 4 is still too many! Lower it to 2 houses per IP. Thats all you need, let the newbies place a house for once. Force the vets to upgrade the SIZE of their house, don't let them just place another one.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Dude, I would have said i love you for making houses decay faster, but i don't ;)

86stang

Wanderer

I am indifferent to the red issue. I have a red and a blue so ... meh...

But I honestly feel that you're taking the wrong approach on the housing issue. I mean relying on an honor system is noble but it doesn't work when it comes to gaming on the net. We all know that, especially those of us in the game development industry.

I would propose you simply not worry about how many plots people own since the enforcement is going to be very taxing on your resources and the perception is going to be very unfair from a player's standpoint. Trust me on this one, I know from experience. If you'd like more details, PM me.

Instead of that logistical nightmare, I would say tax the houses. Yeah, the whiners will whine but look at it this way - you don't have to worry about policing the housing problem, you take a step in getting your economy back into shape (let's face it, it's out of whack in the biggest of ways IMO), and only those that are willing to 'pony up' will keep their houses and not just sit on them at no cost to them other than an occasional login.

It's just an alternative idea (that I happen to like ;) ).

Watabou

Knight

Hydrofiend;1422734 said:
I think 4 is still too many! Lower it to 2 houses per IP. Thats all you need, let the newbies place a house for once. Force the vets to upgrade the SIZE of their house, don't let them just place another one.
these changes will open up a LOT of space for houses already

MarcusO;1422451 said:
A) Sort by IP, and flag the IPs (as owners) refreshing more than four houses. Now it's fool-proof that one IP has more than 4 accounts and more than 4 houses. Hybrid can enforce account limits and housing at the same time.
There's no limit to how many accounts you can own.

Flipper;1422722 said:
Exactly... hell no they shouldn't.

Going red ought to bring on a lot more responsibility. I remember when reds couldn't even enter towns and when there was stat loss... be thankful that you are as spoiled as you are.

How will this affect faction vendors/event bank/vendors? Will reds still be able to buy from these? I think a red faction member should be able to buy/bank in a town they control.

saul

Wanderer

i think some of you mods and staff got the wrong idea here. saying that the player base is spoiled and lucky to have the privledges that they had on the shard as reds is nonsense. a lot of players choose this shard because it has those features available for red characters. they CHOOSE... you see... and they will choose another shard most likely now. this server (which i still love) is unfortunately following down the same path and making the same changes that the last three shards i played made... and all three of those shards have shut down as a direct result of those changes. i do understand that some people might view the rabbit-paced PKing as a problem, but the shard doesnt populate itself and if you take away the favorite features that attracted your playerbase then it's game over. UO is not what it used to be, the players are not what they used to be...

i'm not disagreeing with these changes, but i think the "you've been spoiled up to now" attitude is horseshit

Watabou;1422776 said:

like tragland and THC

they have massive villages im glad to see them go there is no point in owning 10 houses

86stang;1422774 said:
Instead of that logistical nightmare, I would say tax the houses. Yeah, the whiners will whine but look at it this way - you don't have to worry about policing the housing problem, you take a step in getting your economy back into shape (let's face it, it's out of whack in the biggest of ways IMO), and only those that are willing to 'pony up' will keep their houses and not just sit on them at no cost to them other than an occasional login.

It's just an alternative idea (that I happen to like ;) ).

I think this is great idea, this game needs more gold sinks like this.

Momoney

Sorceror

My parents own their own business and my father plays at their office, My friends and I have also played at my parents office IP... We also have all played at my house on its IP so thats two different IP addresses my question is can we still only have 4 houses with both IP's because we have logged on to both IP's with our houses or can we have 8 houses between the two IP's? there are several of us that play on both IP's and I would like some clarity before June 1st and our houses start to drop at random.
thanks in advance

Sypher;1422878 said:
Yes, actually there is.
I was told by somebody in game awhile ago (I think Mika, but don't quote me on that) when I was inquiring about buying accounts from those "verified sellers" and whether I'd be required to give up one of my old accounts if I did. I was told that there's a limit on CREATING more than 4 but no limit on owning more than 4.

Countessa

Knight

Richard C Mongler;1423187 said:
I was told by somebody in game awhile ago (I think Mika, but don't quote me on that) when I was inquiring about buying accounts from those "verified sellers" and whether I'd be required to give up one of my old accounts if I did. I was told that there's a limit on CREATING more than 4 but no limit on owning more than 4.

That is wrong

quote from the rule page -

Accounts:
-Each player may have 4 accounts regardless of IP address. It is possible to create more than 4 accounts, however if it is discovered a player has more than 4, accounts will be randomly deleted to trim that player down to the correct number.
-Bannings are done by player, not by account. If you are banned all of your accounts will be banned.
-It is against the rules to sell items or gold for real world cash. This includes eBay.
-It is against the rules to trade items or gold for items or gold on another shard, or another game. This includes the other UOGamers shards. Hybrid items may only be traded within the Hybrid environment.
-Gathering data about Hybrid user accounts is against the rules. It may result in the banning of your accounts, and possible legal action.
-You may own one house per account.
-Accounts will automatically deactivate and delete in 90 days if they are not refreshed by logging in.

note: the 90 days was changed to 180 days (as stated by Mark), however I recommend following the 90 day rule. The 180 days was changed without announcement and could easily be changed back to 90 days without announcement.

Mika

Sorceror

That is what I told Richard C Mongler when he paged. "Each player may have 4 accounts regardless of IP address". You must have been confused. So where am I wrong exactly? :>

aeSentinel

Wanderer

Watabou;1422776 said:
I hope to hell you're right. If not, I hope it at least halves the price for a plot of land.

Countessa

Knight

Mika;1423265 said:
That is what I told Richard C Mongler when he paged. "Each player may have 4 accounts regardless of IP address". You must have been confused. So where am I wrong exactly? :>

If that's directed at me, I wasn't saying you are wrong.
Richard's statement is wrong because of the bolded part.

Richard C Mongler;1423187 said:
I was told that there's a limit on CREATING more than 4 but no limit on owning more than 4.