UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 75 - 5/13/07

saul

Wanderer
Re: Publish 75 - 5/13/07

this doesnt make sense to me. you can log in on any IP address and play any account. what happens when people have LAN parties and stuff at their colleges or homes. are they risking losing all their houses?

Arend

Wanderer

Marantz;1422001 said:
# Murderer's will no longer be able to purchase items from vendors in guarded towns.
# Murderer's will no longer be able to use banks in guarded towns.
Gay.

Yes, God forbid there is any penalty the rampant, senseless, and profitable pking that occurs on this server.

Also, it seems there is suddenly going to be a flood of "My sixroomates and I all play..." or "my brother and i..." "my friends come over and..."

Quite frankly, they stated it's a manual system, it's rather easy to tell if someone is a friend playing over now and then, etc.

saul;1422375 said:
finding someone you trust on UOG is hardly "simple" as you say. i already have a hard time finding people to refresh my houses for me during my downtimes.

Why not tell it to multiple people? Chances are you know SOMEONE. It's not like this is 1998 when you give your key out = house lootage/stolen.

Just secure your boxes and be done with it.

MarcusO;1422614 said:
But the level of frustration is the same when a red attacks you (say at Minoc mines) and then sprints through the countryside and into a house, immediately banning you after you follow him in. There're at least four reds that do this religiously at Minoc mines after they've killed a few unarmed miners. These reds all have GM Running and GM Banning as their best skilz.

That's the sorry state on UOG. Gankers claim that having stats-loss "ruins" PvP, even though there are guild wars, factions, order/chaos, etc. It's such a ridiculous lie.

I'm sure 99.9% of the Pking on this server is some innocent newbie that can't fight back. Anyone who claims that attacking some miner is PvP is an idiot.

The fact any Red, can actually say with a straight face, that implementing penalties for a Red would ruin pvp is impressive.

It's like on EA when they implemented stats-loss. It actually brought people into guild wars and order/chaos with opponents who could actually fight back and it added a risk to the incredibly profitable pking. But you still have some Moron who claims it ruins PvP as they surround a miner and finish him.

Arend

Wanderer

saul;1422869 said:
this server (which i still love) is unfortunately following down the same path and making the same changes that the last three shards i played made... and all three of those shards have shut down as a direct result of those changes. i do understand that some people might view the rabbit-paced PKing as a problem, but the shard doesnt populate itself and if you take away the favorite features that attracted your playerbase then it's game over.

If anything, these changes will bring more players to UOG. How many new players do you think quit after a week or two of repeatedly being killed as soon as they enter the Brit GY to raise fighting skills? Or dare enter a dungeon? Or hell, dare venture outside of Delucia to fight some monsters?

Yeah right. PKing here is out of control. Worst of all, the Reds claim it's PVP. Yeah right, killing miners, craftsmen, and newbies is PvP.

Join factions or guild wars if you actually want PvP.

It seems the only "PvP" some of the proponents of full-rights for murderers is gangbanging newbies up the ass.

daman2;1423970 said:
HoT... makes me chuckle. I personally do not think they script.... well Not the new members, i can place b4 them :<

One thing I enjoy about UOG is the large international community. It would be interesting if there was more of a drive to provide counselors and perhaps an Updates page that could be translated into multiple languages to provide support for some of the larger non-English speaking communities on the server.

Siccx;1424267 said:
I dont like any of this changes tbh. I could understand houses but the murder shit and other things just take away from pvp, variety, or excitement.

How exactly od the changes "take away" from PvP? Please state specific, concrete, examples.

I would like to know how stats-loss for Reds would ruin PvP as well. After all, there are guild wars, factions, etc... The only thing I see Reds doing is "PvP"ing people taming bulls outside Delucia or killing monsters at the Brit GY.

Do you actually believe such ridiculousness?

MarcusO

Sorceror

saul;1425019 said:
this doesnt make sense to me. you can log in on any IP address and play any account. what happens when people have LAN parties and stuff at their colleges or homes. are they risking losing all their houses?

Yes.

My son and I play on a LAN behind a router and a cable modem. To UOG we look like the same person on the same IP. Because I knew about the 4 account limit per IP and because I didn't want to risk losing my pixel crack, I limited my son to 2 accounts and myself to 2. I'm screwed when my third son starts playing in a year or so.

pbickerd

Wanderer

sell the extra one into slavery then you can donate and you and your other son can buy even more pixel crack. Also, this negates the risk of losing your accounts due to having too many. best of both worlds really. just dont tell your wife.

MarcusO;1425500 said:
Yes.

My son and I play on a LAN behind a router and a cable modem. To UOG we look like the same person on the same IP. Because I knew about the 4 account limit per IP and because I didn't want to risk losing my pixel crack, I limited my son to 2 accounts and myself to 2. I'm screwed when my third son starts playing in a year or so.

You guys have any plans to reduce boat decay time or prevent boats from affecting house placement?

Some prick's boat has been blocking me from re-sizing a plot for almost a week now..

spl

Wanderer

Will we still be able to place a house if we own 4 already on same IP after the publish, like giving a msg saying you are restricted to place anymore houses or we can still do it and just go by the honor system? and just so next day we get a random house deleted?

No. i do not like this publish del pond is dead now factioners or reds cant even duel unless they wanna die after duel its just not cool :( so i turned blue and i miss being red :(

Ebenezer

Wanderer

All these "I have 3 houses and my GF/son/brother has 3" threads, along with the "i'm refreshing for friends" threads.

Sell a house. Sell 3 houses. When your other son grows up and wants a house, make him a deal on one of yours for a good price.

If your friend comes home from his long internet-less trip and you said "well, they capped houses, so I deeded up everything I could, loaded it in your bankboxes, and sold your house, but your account is still in good shape" I really doubt he'd be upset. You made a good-faith effort. If you had to sell a small house of your own to keep his castle, tell him. I'm sure he'd make an effort to repay you. If you have 4 castles and so did he, too bad. Sell 2 of each, you greedy bastard. Nobody needs more than 2 houses anyway (and even one is a luxury, with 4 FREE accounts you can have plenty of storage mules and just hand stuff off at the bank)

14day decay. I'd like to see that be 18 days, allowing a 2week/3weekend vacation to be covered (barely). For the same reason, the considered-and-rejected 7day option should be 10 days if it ever came to pass.

Mika;1423265 said:
That is what I told Richard C Mongler when he paged. "Each player may have 4 accounts regardless of IP address". You must have been confused. So where am I wrong exactly? :>

Countessa;1423315 said:
If that's directed at me, I wasn't saying you are wrong.
Richard's statement is wrong because of the bolded part.

Ok my roomate and I both play UO he has 3 houses I think and I have 2 I may be getting another small one. Our IPs do differ by one or two numbers will this still be considered as the same IP or will we be ok when the new rule goes into affect. Also I have 3 accounts and I think he has 3 or 4 accounts does this mean we have to delete one account each or are we ok. We ussually do not log onto each others accounts from computers other than ours. I dont use his he dont use mine ussually!!
Please PM me or reply so I can take steps to fix the problem or relax that i will not lose my houses/accounts at rule change THX

Addicted

Disciple

ugene the fisher;1433660 said:
Ok my roomate and I both play UO he has 3 houses I think and I have 2 I may be getting another small one. Our IPs do differ by one or two numbers will this still be considered as the same IP or will we be ok when the new rule goes into affect. Also I have 3 accounts and I think he has 3 or 4 accounts does this mean we have to delete one account each or are we ok. We ussually do not log onto each others accounts from computers other than ours. I dont use his he dont use mine ussually!!
Please PM me or reply so I can take steps to fix the problem or relax that i will not lose my houses/accounts at rule change THX

This has been asked 100 times in this thread. If you took the time to read it you would find your answer.

its a long damn thread and i make it so i can read 20 post at a time and most ppl have it on 10 i couldnt imagin readnig it all

Addicted;1433664 said:
This has been asked 100 times in this thread. If you took the time to read it you would find your answer.

I did read the thread the entire thread before asking my question. I seen where the problem was addressed but I have yet to see a clear answer of how it will be decided and what counts as what.

pahh

Sorceror

it sounds great but i have 5 ppl in my family that play i started it 2-3 years ago with 3 account then my dad and sis made 4 accounts 2 for each of them and then my 2 older bros got in to it and they got 2 a pop all made on different ips because we don't stay together but we share names and passes for smiths and tailors so there is mad ip action will that matter?

talkshowhost

Sorceror

If and when will you guys be cracking down on users with more than 4 accounts?

It's pretty common knowledge that it is incredibly easy to make an indefinate number of accounts, and it doesnt take a genius to figure out how.

(Shamefully, I admit I did not read all 20 pages)

Embarassing Edit: I scrolled up two posts and found my answer.

Woah man you won uo thats fucking awesome.

On topic. This is great!!! I love playing on a shard that updates reguarly and kicksass.