UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 75 - 5/13/07

Van Dam

Sorceror
Re: Publish 75 - 5/13/07

So are all the current murderers going to get a reprieve or are they just going to have to bend over and take it...

Countessa

Knight

I dont like having to get rid of an extra house or two but the changes are good. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and chill out.
The red changes are good. The housing changes are good. It's all good.

And like Flipper, I'm willing to refresh a house for anyone needing it for a short time.

Mark

Knight

Things to keep in mind:

1. I changed inactive account decay to 180 days from 90 days a while ago, though we didn't announce it. If you can't play for 14 days and have no friends, let someone else take the spot. If you keep your most important items in your bank, you should be able to get back into the game no matter what.

2. Houses took 6-7 days to decay on OSI back in the day.

3. There were a lot of people who wanted me to completely take reds out of guarded towns. This was a fair compromise. I don't think reds are getting the shaft here at all. You can still go in town and finish off a guard hugging blue, and thats the most important thing.

Addicted

Disciple

M a r i s;1422561 said:
How much time will it take for a house, once idoc, to fall?

Like Mark said earlier in the thread, the final stage of house decay is 5% of the total time.

MarcusO

Sorceror

Mark;1422567 said:
You can still go in town and finish off a guard hugging blue, and thats the most important thing.

hehe...How about you make it so people in houses with reds inside can't ban people from houses, so blues can go in and finish off a house-hugging red? :)

Quid pro quo eh?

Mark

Knight

MarcusO;1422596 said:
hehe...How about you make it so people in houses with reds inside can't ban people from houses, so blues can go in and finish off a house-hugging red? :)

Quid pro quo eh?

You aren't making a linear comparison here.

A red can only attack a blue in town if the blue initiated combat.

EDIT: Don't forget, both reds and blues can house hide.

MarcusO

Sorceror

Mark;1422604 said:
You aren't making a linear comparison here.

A red can only attack a blue in town if the blue initiated combat.

True, it's not a 1-to-1 comparison.

But the level of frustration is the same when a red attacks you (say at Minoc mines) and then sprints through the countryside and into a house, immediately banning you after you follow him in. There're at least four reds that do this religiously at Minoc mines after they've killed a few unarmed miners. These reds all have GM Running and GM Banning as their best skilz. If they couldn't ban (or more properly, if no one in the house with the red could ban), it would be more equal. Finish the fight, right?

Mark

Knight

MarcusO;1422614 said:
True, it's not a 1-to-1 comparison.

But the level of frustration is the same when a red attacks you (say at Minoc mines) and then sprints through the countryside and into a house, immediately banning you after you follow him in. There're at least four reds that do this religiously at Minoc mines after they've killed a few unarmed miners. These reds all have GM Running and GM Banning as their best skilz. If they couldn't ban (or more properly, if no one in the house with the red could ban), it would be more equal. Finish the fight, right?

That's definately a two way street. I see blues house hide just as often as reds. And as you pointed out, there can be other people in the house that could ban that had nothing to do with the fight. Do we stop the innocent owner from banning just because a distant friend brings a fight to his doorstep?

In the end, the only ideal way to stop house hiding is to block house entry during combat, which wouldn't be received very well, I'm sure.

D

Darkness

Hopefully nobody pages until Jun 1st asking how long house decay is... ;)

Sypher

Wanderer

gandizzle;1422675 said:
murders no longer able to bank in gaurded towns ?!

dont agree with that at all

So you think a red should have the same benefits of a blue?