UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PlayUO Update

Saikron

Wanderer
Re: PlayUO Update

My prediction is that players won't even notice that playUO is back. Since its balls have been snipped and razor has had so many features added my prediction is that they will perform about the same.

About abuse: [email protected]. I emailed them about Akasha and "Turtle" playing a character named "Bear" at the time. I didn't get a followup and I know they both still play here, but thankfully I haven't heard any more stories about them deleting corpses. PM me to hear the rest of the story.

Anyway... don't get your panties in a wad about players cheating. I'm happy to see new graphics and I finally get to run playUO. I had a shitty computer when it was legal on UOGHybrid.

selo

Wanderer

Suil Ban;1415921 said:
also, some bits and pieces i've gathered

-new spell/pot/other animations
-(hopefully) scalable effects
-"travel agent" feature
-login handled through sallos (playuo's login interface is entirely gone)
-no cheats (obvious)
-. give recalls (gives targeted player 1 of each recall reg omg)
-super anti-aliasing for smoothness
-crisper graphics in general
-other stuff i'm forgetting to mention at the time of posting

Get over yourself.

Saikron;1416612 said:
My prediction is that players won't even notice that playUO is back. Since its balls have been snipped and razor has had so many features added my prediction is that they will perform about the same.

About abuse: [email protected]. I emailed them about Akasha and "Turtle" playing a character named "Bear" at the time. I didn't get a followup and I know they both still play here, but thankfully I haven't heard any more stories about them deleting corpses. PM me to hear the rest of the story.

Anyway... don't get your panties in a wad about players cheating. I'm happy to see new graphics and I finally get to run playUO. I had a shitty computer when it was legal on UOGHybrid.

Razor is so much inferior...hates gayzer way too glitchy even now with all its crappy knock off upgrades. All these upgrades have been doing is trying to do what krrios client did. With the cheating out of way krrios will blow away razor imo.

oh and stop complaining about staff...Cant hack it dont play.

aeSentinel

Wanderer

PlayUO will have macros, so I'm not going to complain. All it needs is packet video and it'll be perfect. :D

Ezhuks

Wanderer

Will there be any performance tweaks ? UO client uses too much resources for a game that was created in 1998.

Saikron;1416612 said:

[email protected] doesn't apply to the above..

I used to be the the same way with regards to this.. Then someone made me realize that if it wasn't for him(mark) this server wouldn't be where its at today. Hell, it might not exist... All core developers should be able to do whatever they want.. Just remember if it wasn't for them.. you would be playing wow...

Megumi

Wanderer

Saikron;1416612 said:

Demise is that-a-way, little buddy.

Also bare in mind that the majority of times you see Mark pulling any shady shit is when there's a group of people runining someone else's fun. i.e. 10 guys stood at brit gy syncing anyone who steps out of town.

Lynyrd

Knight

LilGuy;1417393 said:
So Razor is obsolete then? Is KUOC that much better? I like razor...:(

I seriously doubt it. KUOC's macroing system has been outclassed by Razor's in the past and I don't think Krrios has revamped it much.

They each have their own advantages.

all i'm looking forward to is my explo pots actually targetting oranges when i hit my target orange button =O

Valentino

Sorceror

Ezhuks;1417097 said:
Will there be any performance tweaks ? UO client uses too much resources for a game that was created in 1998.

Haha...the last version of KUOC had a terrible memory leak because whoever made it was a wannabe and has no idea how to implement an effective garbage collector lawlz.

Denwo

Wanderer

I heard it did take my resources but i never got that shit to work back than so i cant wait, also got a new comp since it was banned and now itll prolly run good