UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Paragon Harrower NOW!

[Drakull]

Knight
Re: Paragon Harrower NOW!

Caine;349350 said:
For those who are not aware, there is a Healer outside.
And for those unaware counselors, the healers just rez your char, but won't heal it back to full, nor will keep your stuff in a safe place, so keep bringing a support char.

[Drakull]

Knight

BTW... at the entrance there are some ethereal warriors... so if you bring negative karma chars, make sure you can beat them ;)

[Drakull]

Knight

BTW.... I just got an "unpleasant" surprise... i was having one of my tamers in the area, since i was going to set-up my chars in there, and suddenly i noticed that it was dead.... it seems that the harrower is picking chars that are in the other side of the door too....

st3in

Wanderer

Drakull-demise;349382 said:
Probably not until they attack it.

Not sure I'm seeing the benies of young here...good for healing but...area effect dammage and...can a young even get in that room?

[Drakull]

Knight

st3in;349383 said:
Not sure I'm seeing the benies of young here...good for healing but...area effect dammage and...can a young even get in that room?
The young players can reach the room (seen one around before), but I didn't checked with him if he was getting leeched or not (and I can't check myself since my three accounts are way over the young status...)

RockEye

Knight

Is deadly poison working on the tentacles... combined with strangle and bleed it might help with dmg.

I see best strategy in tamers with hiryus .. at least 15 tamers rushing one tentacle at the time. Only food needed and bandages and some mages with lrc for res, heal and food making.

Ripa

Sorceror

huh;349078 said:
i like this idea, only replace mages with tamers controlling hiryus.

tamer go in with nothing and low health.
"all kill" prepped
all traget the same tent
as the hiryus die the tamers take them out, get res'd and go back in.
extra mages/vets outside to heal the ru's quickly

this should eliminate the tents fairly quickly and keep the insurance loss to a minimum

i recommend trying this with no less than 5 hiryus, with lots of HP so it takes longer for them to die and allow more time for others to get their ru's res'd and get back in

IMO that is the best option of all I read by far. You dont even need bandages on the tamer, let the hiryus die after they do their job and res them outside. A naked tamer with some strong hiryus (the hiryus should be included as party members with the all follow command targeted on the naked tamer) would be enough

Khephren

Knight

strategy is there now the most complicated part is to have that numer at the same time online....

i would love to participate however i dunno when i will get the feeling to play... hehe...

[Drakull]

Knight

Raezion-;350098 said:
100 tamers, all with 5 trained hell hounds?
How much leech will the hell hounds resist?? when the pets are in a position to melee fight the tentacles they are also being leeched by at least three/four tentacles at a time. A hell hound wouldn't even hit once.

tsvetandd

Wanderer

Drakull-demise;349391 said:
The young players can reach the room (seen one around before), but I didn't checked with him if he was getting leeched or not

Now that seems a good idea. If the tentacles don't leach from young players it should be relatively easy for let's say 6 archers with 12 young healers to take the tentacle down. If this is possible, it'd be quite ironic - actually players most of the vets call newbs would save the day - that's the kind of humor i'd expect from gms :D

talshar

Wanderer

Has anyone been able to determine if the tentacles drain effect has a range limit? From what I have been reading here the effect overlaps so that means it has an effective perimeter, but how big is the radius?
If it is within 8-9 tiles there is a potential safe place in the SE or SW corners near the lamp stands.
Has anyone considered getting Alchy's with enhance pots modifiers to throw greater exploding pots on the tentacles? Just a thought.

xaxas

Wanderer

Yellek;350702 said:
Has anyone been able to determine if the tentacles drain effect has a range limit? From what I have been reading here the effect overlaps so that means it has an effective perimeter, but how big is the radius?
If it is within 8-9 tiles there is a potential safe place in the SE or SW corners near the lamp stands.
Has anyone considered getting Alchy's with enhance pots modifiers to throw greater exploding pots on the tentacles? Just a thought.

The life drain range is 8 tiles. However there is not a single tile that is safe atm, there will be afew when/if the first tentacle dies. We considered the expo pots as an option, but we would need loads of alchemists, and once a char dies he cannot get his corpse back, which would mean a hell lot of resources.
The arcanists should work, the hard part is getting 10 of them there at the same time. Besides they should go somewhere and cast arcane circle in 2 groups of 5 before they come. Besides the timing is such, that one cannot get a WoD inbetween 2 drains, therefore protection has to be used, *IF* it affects SW aswell (somebody test it please?)