UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Paragon Harrower NOW!

[Drakull]

Knight
Re: Paragon Harrower NOW!

jrhather;348977 said:
Will this work? Dunno if you can get them all through the teleporter.
If you need to go through a teleporter to get in the room, probably not, since friended pets don't move through gates/similar stuff with the friended player. But still can have his own hiryu attacking the first tentacle.
BUT one possible way could be that those pets are dead (ghosts will be able to go through the door), moving to the corner where they have said there is just 1 tentacle, rezzing them there and have them destroying that single tentacle. Remember that also when going with your own pet in stealth mode, you need to have the pet following you with "all guard" so you don't get revealed when the pet is attacked.

Another way would be having more three/four tamers with hidding so they can get in hidden, the 1st one dismounts, the hiryu becomes visible and gets attacked by one of the tentacles, the other tamers dismount and tell their hiryus to attack that same tentacle and then hide again.

[Drakull]

Knight

jmaster;348989 said:
if you flank one tentacle at a time with mages + archers. mages being naked as not to blow that 6-7k insurance money per death.
the archers attack the tentacle normally, healing themselves. and mages more or less meat shields carrying 2-3 meteor swarm scrolls on them to help damage the tentacle, one mage drops. run res from the npc, run back and keep a constant flow of people running into the room to meteroswarm/attack the tentacle.
now.. im thinking at least one mage outside of the room with a lrc suit healing everyone who dies so they don't have to run in redlined just to drop again. and necros with shadow wisps for mana.
even spellweavers who can run in and just WoD the tent would save on meteor swarms. .
this is kind of a made up off the top of my head plan. but i feel it'll work if everyone consetrates on just one tentacle.
even tamers with hiryu's could take the heat off other people while you have a dedicated mage healer on it.

Your plan work better using spellweavers:
1 mage outside to rez/heal.
Several spellweavers as "meat shields" casting WOD on the tentacles (50 hp vs 200+ hp in a hit... well...). Plus they can get gift of life casted on them before so that gives them an extra "rezzing" point. WOD won't require more than mana, so no regs or scrolls are needed. :)

Vykintas

Sorceror

RED - archers attacking tentacles. How i saw life drain is working only peps who are attacking tentacles, or peps who are being attacked by tentacle. <- I THINK, I AM WRONG HERE. Life drain dmg for one pep isnt big, so you can heal with bandages. GREEN - mages, archers attacking harry and tentacles . Yellow - tamers with Hiryu (tanking).

View attachment 5574
P.S. If i am telling shit, sorry, because i havent killed harry yet. :(

[Drakull]

Knight

Well... didn't try the following, but in theory should work:

Instead of using "dead-meat" characters.... why not just having 1 character only? The idea is simple:
1 char with stealthing capabilities and ninjitsu, using a high hp regen/mana regen suit. That will allow him to stay hidden (hopefully) while casting mirror images (that will be the dead-meat instead of real players). Since the mirror images (while he is hidden) will be visible, they will be targeted and teleported, while other players can still hit the tentacle.

jrhather

Wanderer

Drakull-demise;349038 said:
Well... didn't try the following, but in theory should work:

Instead of using "dead-meat" characters.... why not just having 1 character only? The idea is simple:
1 char with stealthing capabilities and ninjitsu, using a high hp regen/mana regen suit. That will allow him to stay hidden (hopefully) while casting mirror images (that will be the dead-meat instead of real players). Since the mirror images (while he is hidden) will be visible, they will be targeted and teleported, while other players can still hit the tentacle.
There is a good idea!

jrhather;349041 said:
There is a good idea!

Not really. The mirror images will be insta-killed by area life leech, and whoever else is standing will get life leeched and FS'ed to death.

p01n7e

Sorceror

Why don't you people start using your brains for a change, eh?
I haven't even logged in, and judging by the shots, the mirror images will all die on the first drain from even only one tentacle.Furthermore, the harrower pulls in a random person, so there is no guarantee who will be pulled & killed.

For everyone's good, i suggest people that haven't dealt with this mob before keep their thoughts to theirselves for now, or consult with someone more experienced before posting jokes.

huh

Wanderer

cuattamu;348963 said:
Why dont you guys try an attrition battle? Take into account that I haven't tried this or even seen the room itself so some improvisation will probably be necessary.

Assumption.
If a tentacle regenerates life equal to the life it drains, you just need to find a way to do more damage over time then a tentacle can drain it.

Supplies.
1) A dedicated person, who shall henceforth be called Dude Who Heals (DWH), to resurrect and carry supplies
2) Some naked people, probably mages who shall henceforth be called Gonna Get His/Her Ass Plastered Mage (GGHAPM) , who are willing to die A LOT.

Procedure:
1) GGHAPM acquires minimal reagents
2) GGHAPM hurts himself until he has marginal life
3) GGHAPM prepares a spell, steps into room and cast spells
4) GGHAPM dies and leaves room
5) DWH does his thing to GGHAPM
6) Repeat step 1 through 5 as necessary

Result:
Total failure for not anticipating a problem or status scrolls in trammel.

i like this idea, only replace mages with tamers controlling hiryus.

tamer go in with nothing and low health.
"all kill" prepped
all traget the same tent
as the hiryus die the tamers take them out, get res'd and go back in.
extra mages/vets outside to heal the ru's quickly

this should eliminate the tents fairly quickly and keep the insurance loss to a minimum

i recommend trying this with no less than 5 hiryus, with lots of HP so it takes longer for them to die and allow more time for others to get their ru's res'd and get back in

[Drakull]

Knight

p01n7e;349046 said:
I haven't even logged in, and judging by the shots, the mirror images will all die on the first drain from even only one tentacle.Furthermore, the harrower pulls in a random person, so there is no guarantee who will be pulled & killed.

For everyone's good, i suggest people that haven't dealt with this mob before keep their thoughts to theirselves for now, or consult with someone more experienced before posting jokes.

About the mirror images, you are right (just tried): the mirror images are destroyed by the drain from the tentacles (though that they were not going to affect the summoned images). That discards that option :)The tentacles drain between 14 and 27 hp per drain to a naked character (so you can consider that in your calculations). I was able to resist the drain from 1 tentacle for a little bit using wolf form (while hidden), but since I was not wearing any FC/FCR soon the draining was faster than the hitting.After being there, probably the best way (as suggested), is using a "multiple" hiryu charge to each of the tentacles, trying to get the ones that are able to hit players close to the door with their draining first (so you have some "safe" area) and then trying to get the others. Will need coordinate and using a pet that has high hit points. All the pets should attack the same tentacle, or the draining will just heal too fast.

hellwina

Sorceror

p01n7e;349046 said:

Send me a PM when you're ready to come and show us all how it's done ...

has anyone released a hiryu in there to see if it will attack a tent?...

could use a pile of kirins/unicorns...since they are blue after release they should difenantly attack a tent...

xaxas

Wanderer

I released an unicorn in there, it does not attack the tentacles. I did try the "all kill" + release, but I'm way too laggy and the corn got killed before I could release it.

EDIT: someone get his provoker and try to provoke the uni on the tentacles. It is standing in the W corner ATM.

xeres;349241 said:
has anyone released a hiryu in there to see if it will attack a tent?...

could use a pile of kirins/unicorns...since they are blue after release they should difenantly attack a tent...

They only attack the tentacle if they are aggro'd before released.

We tried this.

Can't provoke them onto the tentacles either, even with 120/120 music/provo.

Ulrich

Wanderer

Well that's a death trap....

Went down there to have a look.... it teleported me through the door... killed me so I lost everything except my suit I had insured.... and about 50k trying to get back to my body with EV... still kills you even if invisible to it.... Oh well... won't be going back there... wonder though if I took my stealth mage down there and kept sending earth elementals through the portal if I would eventually kill something.... I'm thinking not though... because those would be one hit kills....

[Drakull]

Knight

Well... if you guys feel like it, we can try at about 1pm (Pacific Time) (that will be in two hours from this post) = 10pm in Spain/France or 9pm in UK...

Bring two chars: one char tamer with an hiryu (the less equipment the best) and one char that can rez (if possible) to store the tamer's belongings.

Tactic:
The non-tamer char will wait outside with the tamer's belongings and it's bandages. The tamer will get totally naked and pass the inventory to the support character.
The tamers will join downstairs and get into the "death" area sending their hiryus towards the same tentacle. They will soon die and exit while the hiryus fight the tentacle.
While the hiryus fight (hopefuly), they will be rezzed by their support char, and given some bandages.
The dead hiryus will come back through the door and get rezzed, fully healed and then put back into the battle.

If we have several tamers we might be able to defeat the tentacles one at a time.

[Drakull]

Knight

BTW... if your support char is also a spellweaver, that will be a lot better: we can cast gift of life on the hiryus before sending them to fight, so at least they recover some hp for a little while.

xaxas

Wanderer

Make sure you carry tons of meat to refresh the ru's stamina. It is vital for their DPS.

[Drakull]

Knight

xaxas;349341 said:
Make sure you carry tons of meat to refresh the ru's stamina. It is vital for their DPS.
I'll create meat enough :) "Create food" + lrc suit = as much food as you can probably need for your pets :)