UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Offensive Names

Re: Offensive Names

Nothing good can come from censorship. The only people who need to grow up are those prissy mother fuckers who can't handle e-text profanity or any profanity for that matter. The shard owners can do whatever they want, and I respect that because it is their shard but I doubt this censorship appeals to even 1/3 of all the player-base.

I personally have no offensive screen-names but if I was in a position of power, the last fucking thing I would do is start censoring people, no matter how profane or slanderous their e-names were.

Arend

Wanderer

SleepParalysis said:
Nothing good can come from censorship. The only people who need to grow up are those prissy mother fuckers who can't handle e-text profanity or any profanity for that matter. The shard owners can do whatever they want, and I respect that because it is their shard but I doubt this censorship appeals to even 1/3 of all the player-base.

I personally have no offensive screen-names but if I was in a position of power, the last fucking thing I would do is start censoring people, no matter how profane or slanderous their e-names were.

Does it really bug you that much that someone can no longer name their character an offensive, immature, or ridiculous name? It's not like they are censoring and banning people for what they say.

Arend said:
Does it really bug you that much that someone can no longer name their character an offensive, immature, or ridiculous name? It's not like they are censoring and banning people for what they say.

Ok Arend.... who decides what's offensive, immature or ridiculous? Arend- hmm. That's a ridiculous name. It should be banned.

Twiskirano

Wanderer

Wikipedia dictates that, sir.

Not too familiar with administration around here but I'd also assume the amount of blood expelling from whatever staff's carnal cavern at the moment would have an effect on the legitimacy of the name/s as well.

Twiskirano said:
Wikipedia dictates that, sir.

Not too familiar with administration around here but I'd also assume the amount of blood expelling from whatever staff's carnal cavern at the moment would have an effect on the legitimacy of the name/s as well.

Wikipedia is an open forum. Anyone can post on that site and add words or names that may be offensive to them, but it is really offensive to a majority of the population? So who really is deciding what is offensive? Really in all context, this is just a game. But what is really scary is how many young people are so eager to allow someone else to dictate to them what is acceptable, without really understanding how it may harm or hinder them.

please delete fuck lag stuff as well, or at leat rename it to fock lag
if my mom sees it im screwed... thanks

do i hear someone crying? :(

hoglegs

Sorceror

I had a mining character's name changed awhile back. At the time, I thought was appropriately named (an ore slut) Then I noticed Ore Whore and many other whore'ish names existed.. (and come to think of it, when I do the player search using "slut" now, I get 19 results...) So I just went around slutting ore as Generic Player... lol

Good times..
:rolleyes:

sliskig

Wanderer

I dont like other cocks. But since I MYSELF am blessed by a wiggling one and on top of that I have been named King of Wiggle Cocks then i think i should be able to show of my title.
Also i mean cock as the animal cock.

So you like animal cocks as well. Alright :)

But yes, I do agree its rather silly. If people feel that they have to be imature then they should be able to. If you don't like a name, you can always PK them.

sliskig

Wanderer

Exactly. Unless they have a wiggle-cock as weapoon, such as I. Then their immortal. On the bright side I am the only one on the server that has been blessed with such a powerful tool.

SF|Liquid

Wanderer

Sammich said:

Think these guys qualify?

PaulfuckinBunyan should probably be preserved, thats a damn good name. Along with america fuckyeah. Certainly we shouldnt punish people with alot of excitement and pride!