UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

my first real experience with astral projection

kio123

Knight
Re: my first real experience with astral projection

i discvoered that astral projection is bullshit
not that it doesnt exist its just bullshit

kio123;1293970 said:
i discvoered that astral projection is bullshit
not that it doesnt exist its just bullshit

mind awake, body asleep. it takes time and dedication. or you might just get lucky sometime out of the blue :)

kio123

Knight

Underwater Ape;1294060 said:
mind awake, body asleep. it takes time and dedication. or you might just get lucky sometime out of the blue :)

you see thats not how things usually work

Gedron

Wanderer

All "astral projection" is, is somewhat of a conscious dream much like lucid dreaming. You put your body into a state commonly known as sleep paralysis. In this state your body has completely fallen asleep but your mind is very awake(this gives every feeling you are told is a sign of astral projection. The heavy feeling, numbness, humming). My first experience with this was during a night terror when I was young. I woke but my body remained sleeping. I was numb and could not move, terrified I tried to move and then I had a panic attack. It is an EXTREMELY scary feeling especially when you don't know what is happening. But astral projection is the same as lucid dreaming, it all is in your mind.

kio123

Knight

Gedron;1294197 said:
All "astral projection" is, is somewhat of a conscious dream much like lucid dreaming. You put your body into a state commonly known as sleep paralysis. In this state your body has completely fallen asleep but your mind is very awake(this gives every feeling you are told is a sign of astral projection. The heavy feeling, numbness, humming). My first experience with this was during a night terror when I was young. I woke but my body remained sleeping. I was numb and could not move, terrified I tried to move and then I had a panic attack. It is an EXTREMELY scary feeling especially when you don't know what is happening. But astral projection is the same as lucid dreaming, it all is in your mind.

thats not astral projection
people might think that their lucid dream was an astral projection but it may not. dont try to define everything as your age generation (30 or so even if you are not) tends to do

its just bullshit but as i said it still exists

Gedron;1294197 said:

actually it's very different than lucid dreaming. you feel, see, and hear yourself leaving your body. it's hard to explain, and it's something you just have to experience. i am able to tell the difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming very easily. you'd never get the two confused.

and of course it's all in your mind. what part of reality do you experience that isn't in your mind? ;) of course there are many mysteries of consciousness and the mind that science just doesn't understand at this point. keep an open mind, you might end up believing the Earth is flat.

anyway, if you're looking for hard scientific proof read up on a guy named Ingo Swann. He was involved in secret remote viewing projects done by the CIA from the 70s up until 95. The research was declassified in 1996. Our government put a lot of money into researching this. they obviously thought it was more than just dreaming.

it's not something i've made up. they are genuinely nothing like dreams or lucid dreaming.

kio123

Knight

Underwater Ape;1294254 said:
anyway, if you're looking for hard scientific proof read up on a guy named Ingo Swann. He was involved in secret remote viewing projects done by the CIA from the 70s up until 95. The research was declassified in 1996. Our government put a lot of money into researching this. they obviously thought it was more than just dreaming.

yeah this is one of the reason to why i believe its bullshit

Flipper

Knight

I've had one recent (8 months ago) situation where I woke up but my body did not.

It was horrifying because I did not know what was happening. I felt like I was "stuck" and that if I didn't wake my body up, I would die. I felt myself creep towards death; creeping, yes, but going at 1000 miles an hour.

I woke up feeling as though I had just barely escaped death. While it made me feel very strange and curious, I didn't think too much of it - assumed it was just a bad dream. Anyone know what could have happened?

kio123

Knight

Flipper;1294306 said:
I've had one recent (8 months ago) situation where I woke up but my body did not.

It was horrifying because I did not know what was happening. I felt like I was "stuck" and that if I didn't wake my body up, I would die. I felt myself creep towards death; creeping, yes, but going at 1000 miles an hour.

I woke up feeling as though I had just barely escaped death. While it made me feel very strange and curious, I didn't think too much of it - assumed it was just a bad dream. Anyone know what could have happened?

man
do you remember what dream made you like that?

r33n

Knight

I actually had an experience like this for the first time, and when I woke up the first thing I thought about was this thread, but then went back to sleep and forgot to bump it with my story:

So I was taking a nap kind of in the middle of the day (it was a weekend, and i was up really late drinking and what not, so I was pretty tired.) So, I was laying there, and then I was having a dream about a girl that I used to date back in the day. I was like petting her hair or whatever, and then somehow I snapped out of that dream, and it was like I was awake, but I was still dreaming. It was just a still image of what my dream was about (I could see the girl still, but there was no action involved.)

Then I got the sensation that my body was going through a wave.. Like how breakdancers do the "worm" and all that. First it was a really slow wave, taking like two seconds for it to flow through my body. Then it started to speed up fairly consistently, until I started to violently shake, and then I felt like I was lifted off of the bed. I was kind of scared at this point, as I couldn't really wake myself up by opening my eyes. I coughed one time on purpose, and it woke me up and for the next 4-5 seconds, I still had the sensation that my hand was on my old girlfriend's head.

It was pretty crazy.. I don't think it was projection, as I wasn't floating or anything like that, but it was definitely lucid, as the first thing I thought about was your guys' advice, which was just to relax and know that it is a dream and enjoy it. I haven't been able to have one since, and it pisses me off ;(

Bubbster

Wanderer

r33n;1294540 said:
I actually had an experience like this for the first time, and when I woke up the first thing I thought about was this thread, but then went back to sleep and forgot to bump it with my story:

So I was taking a nap kind of in the middle of the day (it was a weekend, and i was up really late drinking and what not, so I was pretty tired.) So, I was laying there, and then I was having a dream about a girl that I used to date back in the day. I was like petting her hair or whatever, and then somehow I snapped out of that dream, and it was like I was awake, but I was still dreaming. It was just a still image of what my dream was about (I could see the girl still, but there was no action involved.)

Then I got the sensation that my body was going through a wave.. Like how breakdancers do the "worm" and all that. First it was a really slow wave, taking like two seconds for it to flow through my body. Then it started to speed up fairly consistently, until I started to violently shake, and then I felt like I was lifted off of the bed. I was kind of scared at this point, as I couldn't really wake myself up by opening my eyes. I coughed one time on purpose, and it woke me up and for the next 4-5 seconds, I still had the sensation that my hand was on my old girlfriend's head.

It was pretty crazy.. I don't think it was projection, as I wasn't floating or anything like that, but it was definitely lucid, as the first thing I thought about was your guys' advice, which was just to relax and know that it is a dream and enjoy it. I haven't been able to have one since, and it pisses me off ;(

I've had minor occurances happen like that but nothing out of the extordinary. One time I was lying in my bed and I was thinking about falling and suddenly my entire body siezed up and I could not lift any party of my body up, it as if i was falling straight downward. I've had similar situations occur except only my arm or something would actually experience such a situation.

I only remember having one lucid dream in my life, and that's when I was on a boat and it was going around a few islands, but I looked out and it's almost as if I felt my hands moving because it is like i thought about turning my hands over and looking at time and that exact same thing occured, it was trippy but I woke up soon after that. Anytime I have some sort of dream it is usually when I go to sleep during the day. These are not like your oridinary dreams but holy shit are they trippy as hell.

I always wondered how you can do this entire astral projection cause past experiences I've never really been in that stage where I can perform such a thing. I have no clue why but maybe I'm just not concentrating too much, or I'm just fearful of the unknown? It is really freaky hearing about your ex-girlfriend tho. I've never had a lucid dream like that but I've had normal dreams where I would just be laying beside her and waking up feeling as if it was in some way real.

r33n

Knight

Yeah I've had dreams where I thought it was real when I woke up.. But I actually physically felt me touching her for like 5 seconds afterwards.. I just think it's so crazy that your mind can trick you in such crazy ass ways.

Lynyrd

Knight

I love this thread.

I just found out that one of my good friends suffered from sleep paralysis as a child. It made me think of this thrd.

Speaking of strange dreams/sleep occurrences, has anyone ever had a nightmare that affected you so deeply that when you wake up and go about the day you still feel horrible? Like a lingering emotion of dread or guilt all morning or even all day? And then when you think back to the dream, it seems kind of silly that it made you feel so bad, because it wasn't really all that bad now that you think about it.

kio123

Knight

yeah sometimes lucid dreams mix with nightmares which makes reality mix with horror

then you go out to your director friend and tell him that you have a good horror movie script :p

Billy Joel - The River of Dreams

In the middle of the night
I go walking in my sleep
From the mountains of faith
To the river so deep
I must be looking for something
Something sacred I lost
But the river is wide
And its too hard to cross

And even though I know the river is wide
I walk down every evening and stand on the shore
I try to cross to the opposite side
So I can finally find what Ive been looking for

I go walking in my sleep
Through the valley of fear
To a river so deep
Im a searcher for something
Taken out of my soul
Something Id never lose
Something somebody stole

I dont know why I go walking at night
But now Im tired and I dont wanna walk anymore
Hope it doesnt take the rest of my life
Until I find what it is Ive been looking for

I go walking in my sleep
Through the jungle of doubt
To the river so deep
I know Im searching for something
Something so undefined
That it can only be seen
By the eyes of the blind

Im not sure about a life after this
God knows Ive never been a spiritual man
Baptized by fire, I wade into the river
That is running to the promised land

I go walking in my sleep
Though the desert of truth
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
Were all carried along
By the river of dreams

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer

Lynyrd;1294597 said:
Speaking of strange dreams/sleep occurrences, has anyone ever had a nightmare that affected you so deeply that when you wake up and go about the day you still feel horrible? Like a lingering emotion of dread or guilt all morning or even all day? And then when you think back to the dream, it seems kind of silly that it made you feel so bad, because it wasn't really all that bad now that you think about it.
For sure. Most often, I wake up energized and ready for anything because I had some kickass action-packed dream, but occassionally I have dreams that leave me in a state of melancholy, and very rarely I wake up pissed. When I first noticed that, it was one of the many catalysts that called into question the differences between reality and dreaming.

I've started napping during my lunch break at work instead of eating. It fucking rocks. I go out to my car, and jam some low ambient music, or maybe Tool, and crash out. Ipod has an alarm, so I dont' have to worry about how deep I fall into sleep, but the music keeps my mind more active. I lucid at least once a week, and I can't wait until I'm able to project doing this because I'll try to go back to my office and check things out. Exciting stuff.

Oh yeah, did you ever go check out that tree, Ape?

Gedron

Wanderer

kio123;1294212 said:
thats not astral projection
people might think that their lucid dream was an astral projection but it may not. dont try to define everything as your age generation (30 or so even if you are not) tends to do

its just bullshit but as i said it still exists

OK so you agree it is ridiculous and a dream but its different from a dream? Ive lost you. I have been to the moon, I have seen myself sleeping, I have raced Jesus to the quickie mart. It is all fake and a dream, people who take these things to be more are obviously bored, needing attention, or just plain stupid. People who believe astral projection is any different from dreaming probably also believe in things like the Bible and magic as well. I wont say anymore I don't want to get Corp Por'd :)

And as for someone who stated later who said try it yourself, I have many times. But I still know it is a figment of my imagination and nothing more. grow up and welcome to reality, there are no other forces, there are no mystical things. Only life, so make the best of it and don't bother yourself with extraordinary things that just impede you because you think people are capable of doing more.

The science experiment they did in the 70's was canceled later and closed because the government realized it was ridiculous.

A good way to prove to yourself that this astral projection is nothing but a figment of your imagination, do it, then go somewhere where there is no possible way you could have known where something was, lets say find a house 2 streets down with a red Porsche parked in front of it. Then next day or even a week from then go there and find out for yourself. Nothing is an easier experiment.