UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

my first real experience with astral projection

my first real experience with astral projection

this is extremely long. but the experience was extremely profound. so i feel i have to give a ltitle background information about astral projectoin and my experiences.

when i first started reading about astral projection i thought it was just some new age bullshit. but i've been wrong about this type of stuff before, so i decided to give it a try. i began my research about 8 months ago reading peoples experiences and methods. for months before going to bed i would enter these deep stats of meditation attempting to project myself out of my body. during this time i had a lot of experiences that i would of been satisfied with even if i hadn't ever projected.

the basics of astral projection are simple. you keep your mind awake while your body goes to sleep. it's not easy, but i had many successful experiences along the way that told me i was on the right path. i like to concentrate on my heartbeat and keep my mind entirely clear of thoughts. it's not easy as thoughts will keep trying to creep in. but with practice you can keep them out.

after awhile your body will start to goto sleep. slowly from your feet all the way up to your head you will enter paralysis. it feels like a huge lead blanket is being placed over you. vibrations start flowing through you. this can be kind of freaky at first and you might wake yourself up if you start thinking about it. this next stage is kind of weird. you have to visualize yourself leaving your body. it's not easy. i was stuck at this point until this morning. though i had on occasion gotten half way out of my body, the excitement of the experience always woke my body up though. there are tons of techniques you can use. the one i first went with was visualizing a rope hanging down and pulling myself out of my body with it. many times i would get to the point of feeling the sensation of lifting my hands and seeing a visualization of them, but i could never pull myself out. i also felt my legs detach multiple times. but i could never seem to get myself to entirely detach from my body and project myself someplace.

some other cool things i have been able to achieve while practicing. multiple times i have been able to visualize objects in that dark field of vision with my eyes closed. usually happens while im trying to project. a couple times i have gotten this whooshing rush feeling over my entire body and the darkness opens up into a big room. all very cool and very real experiences. very different from dreaming.

i was told i'd have better luck projecting when coming out of REM sleep. so i started setting my alarm for 5 hours. i'd wake up, turn it off, and attempt to project. more often than not i'd just fall back asleep. but i did start having some crazy vivid dreams. i did become lucid in those dreams a few times. but wasn't the type of projection i had read about. by now my body is used to waking up 5 hours after going to sleep. happens every day without the need for an alarm. i had stopped attempting to project regularly. maybe only a couple times a week now. psychedelic drug use satisfied my yearning to explore the mind, but i still wanted to experience existing as a soul outside my body without the use of any substances.

it finally happened this morning. i woke up about 5 hours after going to bed, as usual. rolled over and planned on going back to sleep. for some reason i was thinking about waves. not like waves on the ocean, but waves of energy and how the mind intreprets them. these weren't rational complete thoughts, real hazey as i was kind of inbetween being asleep and awake. i could hear my roomate on ventrilo in his room. he plays WoW and was on ventrilo. through this entire experience i could hear them talking on ventrilo from his room down the hallway. i think hearing those voices in the distance really kept me conscious while everything shut down.

suddenly a face appeared in the darkness infront of my eyes. i've seen tons of shit like this before, so i wasn't startled or anything. it was just like the outline of a face. but suddenly i could feel a sensation in my own face. i moved forward. quicker than i could register what was happening my arms, legs, and entire body just popped forward and slid backwards. there i was 10 feet or so behind my own body. i watched myself just laying in my bed. i knew right then i was projecting. i kept calm and just focused on what i was seeing. i dont know how i moved. but i made myself move. my body on the bed twisted from the vertical position i was looking at it to being horizontal. i was pretty confused and actually worried for a second that one of my roomates might come in and see my body floating off the side of the bed.

through this entire experience my body stayed in front of me laying the way i was sleeping. my blanket was over me and my head rested on a pillow. my body was leading me. i was connected to it somehow. i slid out of my room expecting to be in my apartment, but i wasn't. i was someplace else. it was familiar, but different. after a few moments swiveling around htis room i realized it was the home i spent 14 years of my life living in. but it was different because someone else lived there now. there was a big christmas tree in one corner. i tried to go upstairs but the angle wasn't right. my body infront of me hit the ceiling trying to go up the stairs. turned around and went out into the dining room and into the kitchen. i knew exactly where i was when i entered the kitchen. it hadn't changed much. i headed for the basement. it looked really dark, i don't know why i decided to continue down. but i did. when i got downstairs it was so dark it scared me and my body woke up. i opened my eyes and i was back in my room.

this was one of the most real and amazing experiences of my life. everything was so vivid. i really do think my soul traveled to and through my old home. im going to swing by the house tomorrow and check to see if they have a big christmas tree up in the corner of the living room. if i was able to gain true information about the (seemingly)physical world it will confirm without a shadow of a doubt to me many revelations i've had about reality and life lately.

i would enocourage everyone to research Astral Projection and give it a try. you will learn a lot.

Re: my first real experience with astral projection

Pepsi_Rox said:
arent they also called OBE's?

yeah

out of body experience

ive read a lot about astral projection but ive never had an actual OBE where i see my body sleeping while i was sober

im curious about the tree also let us know if its there in the physical world :)

A Walrus

Wanderer

you could be an author like np, you get emotions across well.

Right on dude :) It's one of the most amazing things evahr! I actually OBE'd this morning. I personally do not think you are leaving your body at all. I think it is probably a hallucination/Lucid Dream as you are really asleep, in REM sleep but you are aware that you are... aware! Sometimes this can get confusing because you're so intent on actually achieving an OBE or Lucid Dream that you don't realize that you've already gone through sleep paralysis and not woken up (I'll explain my experience with this later).

This is SP or sleep paralysis as I know it and Lucid Dreaming. Everyone goes into a stage of sleep paralysis but not everyone is aware, but I think everyone is able to do this with practice (ASP Awareness during Sleep Paralsys).

Ape, can you make that rumbling noise inside your ears like if you move a muscle or something inside of them? I can make this rumbling noise by I'm assuming moving a muscle that pushes on my ear drum. Before I'm entering sleep paralysis I get that rumbling noise with every beat of my heart, so this is my cue to just relax and stay aware. I'm assuming that muscle or whatever it is, is becoming paralyzed causing this noise to happen.

These are the steps I normally go through before everything goes black and I either enter a Lucid dream-like experience or an OBE:

1) I normally just listen to the sound and it usually gets really loud like a jet engine or a huge turbine.

2) I experience extreme vibrations like you mentioned. I have a pet chipmunk and he likes to get up early sometimes and if he jumps on me at this stage I get this feeling of electricity shooting down through my body to the other side of where he jumped.

- Before (when I first started), during this stage I used to jolt myself awake and have hallucinations before the sleep paralysis wore off and I was awake. Seeing demons, shadows, etc in my room.

3) The noise and vibrations will begin to fade and I start to hear different auditory hallucinations sometimes like people yelling my name or sonic booms. One time I heard what seemed like hundreds of cats meowing lol

4) Everything just stops and goes completely pitch black. Sometimes I go through sleep paralysis like this only to find I actually screwed up and woke up but more likely than not when I open my eyes they're my dream eyes, not my real eyes.

- However this morning when everything went black I tried to initiate an OBE by keeping my eyes closed and "pulling myself out of my body." I could only get my legs to lift and I didn't think I was even asleep at this point so I opened my eyes and everything in my room was very bright like the sun shining through my window and that's when I realized that I always keep my blinds shut until I wake up, so I knew it had to of been dark.

- That's when I closed my eyes and re-opened them, having full control of the OBE. My vision was a little fubar though as it looked like I was looking through a red filter, but anyways I immediatly pushed myself up to my ceiling and then floated down to the floor and walked out of my room WITHOUT opening the door :) Everything was just so dark in this room that it really wasn't that exciting. I walked up stairs from this point and everything was bright and vivid.

- I was ripped back to a waking state by the sensation of a chipmunk trying to burrown under my ass.

But you should seriously feel very special because going directly from a waking state into a lucid dream/OBE is supposedly very hard for people who practice this stuff for years and years.

I think I might have a brain tumor or something because I experience ASP more times than there are days in a week. Either that or I'm good at picking up the signals that signify the onset of paralysis ;p the little rumbling ear thing. You gotta keep posting your experiences here because I really haven't talked to anyone who has done the whole "WILD" Wake Initiated Lucid Dream technique. I've only read about other people doing it.

Once agian though, I don't think you'll see a christmas tree in the corner of the house but if you do you for sure have to post it. I've been trying to correlate things I see during an OBE to what is there in the waking state but have been unsucessful. I normally open my dream eyes in an entirely different position than where I'm actually laying in bed, etc. I'm a skeptic but I am very willing to keep experimenting to prove myself wrong. I actually want to prove myself wrong, because how cool would that be if it wasn't all just a hallucination and or dream?

Oh yeah and I listen to psytrance or ambient music every night (as in until I wake up). I really like Aphex Twins "Selected Ambient Works Vol.2" and this is really interesting cause I just found out last night that Aphex is an avid lucid dreamer also and he said that these tracks are partly composed of music he created in a lucid dream.

It's just sort of ironic to me that you posted this today lol

Edit: I wanted to add a little more cause it's actually pretty exciting to be able to talk directly to someone who is able to do this. Everyone I know IRL has never done this and won't even try if I ask them to!

- "you have to visualize yourself leaving your body. it's not easy. i was stuck at this point until this morning. though i had on occasion gotten half way out of my body, the excitement of the experience always woke my body up though."

If this makes any sense to you: Just do it. More often then not I can just do it, it's like you have to believe 110% that you are not awake and that if you move your arm it's going to move. Sometimes I feel real sluggish at first but the best advice I can give that works for me is to just move like you would if you were awake and you will. Sometimes I get blurry visuals of my arm if at first I open my dream eyes and move my hand up to my face, only when I'm trying to get the OBE going though.

I think a lot of visuals during an OBE are just what your "rational mind" knows should be there, so somehow you visualize it. I'm thinking this might be one of the first steps in gaining even more lucidity though, if you could just believe that something is there, maybe it will appear? I haven't ever thought of that during an OBE but I'm going to.

-

One other thing I wanted to add is that a lot of times if I lay on my stomach and attempt to make it through sleep paralysis I can't and I just keep waking up over and over. I don't know if you've ever experienced this?

Another is that recently, just the past few days and last night I was trying to find information on the pineal gland and melatonin's effects on the brain. Like if it has any hallucinogenic effects or if it makes you extremely tired. Because after an early morning OBE/Luicd Dream episode sometimes I wake up very very fatigued and my head feels like it's 100 lbs and I read on a forum that people were taking melatonin to help induce lucid dreams and the pineal gland produces melatonin. I don't know, just things to think about.

Keep everyone informed though :)

kio123

Knight

how come that ive read all of this before and tired of seing people repeat it over and over again? how will i believe people just dont make it up, spicing each others experiances a bit and telling it?

kio123 said:
how come that ive read all of this before and tired of seing people repeat it over and over again? how will i believe people just dont make it up, spicing each others experiances a bit and telling it?

pretty simple do your own research

kio123

Knight

i thought i made that clear by saying that ive read all of the above before

kio123 said:
i thought i made that clear by saying that ive read all of the above before

i did not mean reading other peoples experiences

why dont you try and do it yourself

kio123 said:

Just try it! I know for sure there is a direct correlation between sleep paralysis and REM sleep where you're dreaming, because of the experiments done by it. In Japan this is supposedly commonplace (Awareness during Sleep Paralysis) and I'm guessing it's because a lot of them are probably sleep deprived. It would be great if any Japanese members could confirm that yeah, people go through sleep paralysis a lot over there.

I don't believe that your soul or spirit is leaving your body on the astral plain or whatever, I'm not even sure if people have a spirit or soul. So maybe if you wanted to attempt some of the techniques with a skeptics approach you can experience these things?

Also think back on your childhood, was there anytime you woke up frozen thinking there were monsters trying to get you? Like maybe you woke up on your back and you knew for sure there was a demon breathing in your ear. Others report alien abductions that they wake up unable to move and see aliens around them and others see witches and even some see angels. Have you ever experienced any of that? It's actually really common for people to at least once in their life and it's just a hallucination coupled with sleep paralysis.

Balron of UOG said:
you were probably just lucid dreaming.

I really think they're the same thing. Even when people go flatline and when they're revived they say they saw this and that and floated here or there. Well if it can happen when you're sleeping why not when your brain is damaged and/or losing oxygen?

It's just really exciting and intense to go straight through sleep paralysis into REM completely aware the entire time! There are hundreds of thousands of people that experience sleep paralysis everyday but most of the time they've never even heard of lucid dreaming or they're really religious and see demons or angels as they're struggling to get out of the experience. They don't just sit tight and enter the dreamworld.

When I was really little like 5-8 I used to see the shadows on my wall in pointy ear shapes dancing up and down and hear thousands of voices whispering into my ear before I could move again. Used to blame the experience on gremlins living in my closet that would come out at night to do that to me. From those experiences I can see why some people think they've been abducted from their bed at night by aliens or visited by ghosts.

Until someone that has been abducted from their bed wakes up with a probe in their rectum, I'll still be skeptical it's anything but a hallucination.

Sleep Paralysis: Thanks for all the information you've posted here. You seem alot more experienced on the subject than I am. Quite frankly I wasn't even really trying to project, it just happened. This experience was more than just coming aware I was dreaming though. There was just something about it that made it feel way more real. And the fact that my body traveled with me directly infront of me the entire time made it even more strange. It was me sleeping, I could see myself the entire time. Really blows my mind.

To anyone that this this is fake, you need to try it yourself. But you really have to believe you can do it. If you don't think you can have an OBE, you won't. Gotta believe the barriers that exist are all just a part of your mind. Quite frankly I think you need to believe anything is possible. A major shift in how I viewed the world came about before I really made any headway.

Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I don't. I listened to Brian Eno - An Ending a lot. I also listen to a lot of other music to put my mind in the proper state for examining myself and the world.