UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

if you inherited 50k irl

Larhoom

Wanderer
Re: if you inherited 50k irl

beelzebub;1964677 said:
i live in california, and will buy a home in california, however you have to understand that california has HORRIBLE home costs. That's something I'll do in the future.

Mainly, i plan on investing in myself. Buying equipment to start a good business, I'm contemplating starting a small recording studio and working towards building my own label, its a dream of mine for many years.

I do, however, plan to invest some into some small investments, i dont know shit about investing or the 'market' so i'm going to do some good ol' fashioned research before i do anything like that. And I also want to play some semi-high stakes poker with a bit of it, cuz i'm pretty confident i could walk away with a lot.

im not sure yet, I dont actually have the 50k until Thanksgiving, so I'm just sitting and contemplating what i'm actually going to do.

maybe one of you guys who actually does trading and has made a decent return could sit and talk to me about what the ins & outs of it are, just so i can get a basic idea of what i'd be dealiing with? :p

I would buy about 30+ houses.

In Saginaw,Michigan u can get a house for between 2$-5000$ easy.

[seriously, one sold on ebay for 2$]

fonis

Knight

yeah, if you want to pay $2 to end up paying for the repair costs to get it past 'condemned' status and pay the backtaxes it incurred, sure.

a lawyer

Sorceror

Larhoom;1984829 said:
I would buy about 30+ houses.

In Saginaw,Michigan u can get a house for between 2$-5000$ easy.

[seriously, one sold on ebay for 2$]

Yeah, you can get 10 bedroom restored historic homes for $1000 bucks in detroit

Although you couldn't pay someone $10,000 bucks a month to live there :D

tdiddy3411

Sorceror

beelzebub;1964389 said:
so i just inherited 50k irl, i have a lot of ideas, hopes and dreams for a brighter future for myself and possible future family from this.

what would you do? seriously?
blow it all? invest? what would you do?

Dolphins get a lot of good publicity for the drowning swimmers they push back to shore, but what you don’t hear about is the many people they push farther out to sea! Dolphins aren’t smart. They just like pushing things.

fonis

Knight

tdiddy3411;1984958 said:
Dolphins get a lot of good publicity for the drowning swimmers they push back to shore, but what you don’t hear about is the many people they push farther out to sea! Dolphins aren’t smart. They just like pushing things.

...what

Twin_Sitees

Wanderer

Foreign currency arbitrage is pretty awesome, look at third world collapsing currencies, not that long ago if one kept eyes open one could've made a lot of money in Zimbabwe on their currency.

a lawyer

Sorceror

Twin_Sitees;1985003 said:
Foreign currency arbitrage is pretty awesome, look at third world collapsing currencies, not that long ago if one kept eyes open one could've made a lot of money in Zimbabwe on their currency.

Fortunes are made in recessions

Tehdrinkstea

Sorceror

a lawyer;1984953 said:
Yeah, you can get 10 bedroom restored historic homes for $1000 bucks in detroit

Although you couldn't pay someone $10,000 bucks a month to live there :D

If you buy a historic home in Detroit, you have to abide by historic home laws and keep stuff like windows in historic shape (nothing energy efficient), and it becomes very expensive to heat them in the winter.

You can buy up entire blocks dirt cheap though.

Larhoom

Wanderer

fonis;1984952 said:
yeah, if you want to pay $2 to end up paying for the repair costs to get it past 'condemned' status and pay the backtaxes it incurred, sure.

the house that sold on ebay for 2$ is the one that comes to mind they ended up paying 3.5kish for everything....

kdivers

Knight

i would buy a used car that will last me like 6 - 8 years (regardless of passing inspection) and use the rest to pay off my student loans

mm622449

Sorceror

The obvious answer is buy a home if you don't already own one... It's like putting money into a bank account that you will withdraw at a later date. Paying rent sucks ass. Why not put 1500$ into your mortgage every month and then upgrade to a nice home down the line. You will be able to make back all the money you dumped into the house and living will be 'free' in a sense.