UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

if you inherited 50k irl

Re: if you inherited 50k irl

50k is barely anything. A million dollars is barely anything. To live like a millionaire used to live you need 10 mil.

Ajax

Lord

50 isn't that much in the big picture, so it's best to be fucking careful and invest wisely

fonis

Knight

MyNameIsHammen;2060516 said:
Don't invest in the market without good advice. Chances are you're not smart/lucky enough and will lose it.

good advice being something different from:
"pick a single good diversified index or mutual fund and put your money into it over the course of the year or all at once depending on your style"

that's pretty simple.

investing isn't that hard... holding back your urge to "pick" stocks is.

youll never win if you just sit there watching. not to mention 50k is actually alot. im getting a really nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house for about 84k so shit thats almost 2/3 of my house cost. i wouldnt even begin to know what to do with it. well i would 40k on the house and 10k in the bank to play with in market and minor repairs on car and home.

incubusfan1413;2060569 said:
youll never win if you just sit there watching. not to mention 50k is actually alot. im getting a really nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house for about 84k so shit thats almost 2/3 of my house cost. i wouldnt even begin to know what to do with it. well i would 40k on the house and 10k in the bank to play with in market and minor repairs on car and home.

Where do you live, the middle of nowhere? In Toronto the shittiest houses will cost you upwards of 500 - 700k

fonis

Knight

closing on a house, 3 br / 1.5 bath in pitt in the 150-200 range as we speak. I think it's a steal given the location.
my reason for saying this is that I think 50k would do you better as an investment for retirement / your kids' education and not as something to throw away. but who cares, this is a videogame forum.

Fonis seems to know what he's talking about. I'd personally keep it for when I need it, putting it in a safe investment to let it grow til you actual need it.

MyNameIsHammen;2060586 said:
Where do you live, the middle of nowhere? In Toronto the shittiest houses will cost you upwards of 500 - 700k

i live in a town right outside charlotte, north carolina. the avg price for a house is about 100 per sqft around here. but since the economies in the shitter and about 50% of the houses forsale are bank or government owned. they are willing to sell them for the remaining amount on the loans usually. which in my case was half the price of the home. so i basicly just got a really good deal. and your 500-700k is just due to inflation prob. same reason a 3 br 2 bath house in san fran cost you about 700k minimum. shit vegas used to sell same size houses for about same price now i can find houses there for half that with ease.