UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

if you inherited 50k irl

beelzebub

Knight
if you inherited 50k irl

so i just inherited 50k irl, i have a lot of ideas, hopes and dreams for a brighter future for myself and possible future family from this.

what would you do? seriously?
blow it all? invest? what would you do?

wkstrm

Lord
Re: if you inherited 50k irl

50k SEK or USD?
if 50k SEK then it would be a trip or I might buy a new TV and sound. ;)

50K USK, pay back my loans.

wkstrm

Lord

OFMGWTF?!?!?!

Derka derka Muhammed Jihad!

Well, if I was you I would open a gay-bar. Luckliy I ain't you so I would probably put aside, say like 45k or so. Then I would use 5k to buy some stuff I need etc.
a tip, if you gonna place in bonds/stock etc, make sure you know the market first. :D

namlamina

Sorceror

I invested 60% and bought a car / traveled with my inheritance. I'd suggest smart investments. Market is low currently, stocks will come back up within the next few years. Leave it in, within 3-4 years your 50k could be 80-100k easily.

Jesus of SDS

Wanderer

beelzebub;1964389 said:
so i just inherited 50k irl, i have a lot of ideas, hopes and dreams for a brighter future for myself and possible future family from this.

start a CD at a good bank.. once it gets around 90,000 you can live off the interest COMFORTABLY... alone. :)

what do you think im doin as we speak ;)

Jesus of SDS

Wanderer

or in yourself... pay yourself first. for if you pay others before yourself in the end you will be the one on that rock.

If you have any debt get rid of that.

Buy yourself SOME nice shit, and bank/invest/bond the rest of it.

wkstrm

Lord

just remember when you're in the bank make sure to yell: vendor buy bank guards
top open your bankbox/account

fonis

Knight

put it into a money market savings @ 2-3% apy, invest 5k annually (or whatever's the max limit) into my roth, use that to pick actually good investments...

yeah. I don't think i'd bother with my loans, personally. i'd continue to pay them off at my current pace. well, maybe my sallie mae, but eh.

a lawyer

Sorceror

beelzebub;1964389 said:

Pay down any high interest debt and invest the remainder in retirement funds.

Demonic-Cats

Wanderer

fonis;1964465 said:
put it into a money market savings @ 2-3% apy, invest 5k annually (or whatever's the max limit) into my roth, use that to pick actually good investments...

yeah. I don't think i'd bother with my loans, personally. i'd continue to pay them off at my current pace. well, maybe my sallie mae, but eh.

I would NOT put it into a money market account. Inflation is at 3% right now and is going to continue to climb so unless you are getting 4% or higher interest you're not making any money.

Same thing with CDs. I saw a thing on CDs the other day advertising 1-2% interest, that is absolute garbage. You would end up losing money. Besides not being able to touch that money for an extended period of time.

You're best bet is to take some and pay off any loans or credit cards with high interest rates and then invest the rest into mutual funds or municipal bonds. Depending on what you chose you should be able to get 5-6% interest.

Demonic-Cats

Wanderer

And you really think with the trillion dollars that this government is spending it's going to stay there?

Look at the trend for the past 9 years the average was around 3% with last year being the highest at 3.896.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

I'd put a down payment on a house. It'll appreciate even as you use it.

How the hell do you live off the interest of 90k? Even if you're getting 10% on that, that's 9k a year... I couldn't even pay rent for that much. And you're not getting 10% in a low-risk investment.