UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

if you inherited 50k irl

fonis

Knight
Re: if you inherited 50k irl

Demonic-Cats;1964488 said:
And you really think with the trillion dollars that this government is spending it's going to stay there?

Look at the trend for the past 9 years the average was around 3% with last year being the highest at 3.896.

depends, what do you think the effect of regulation will be? if you think nothing, then your comments might have merit. if leverage is reduced, then the "trillions added" will be nothing.

a lawyer

Sorceror

Demonic-Cats;1964488 said:
And you really think with the trillion dollars that this government is spending it's going to stay there?

Look at the trend for the past 9 years the average was around 3% with last year being the highest at 3.896.

I didn't say that... I was just correcting you. The way things are going I see inflation hitting 9-10% again.

If I had 50k cash right now I would pay off any high interest credit card debt and put the rest into an IRA. I'd diversify equally into about five areas with 20% going to each - commodities, large cap, medium cap, small cap, and foreign stocks. That should give you a nice blend which will hopefully let you endure some market falls. Let it ride until you're 60 and don't fucking touch it.

Demonic-Cats

Wanderer

a lawyer;1964496 said:
I didn't say that... I was just correcting you. The way things are going I see inflation hitting 9-10% again.

If I had 50k cash right now I would pay off any high interest credit card debt and put the rest into an IRA. I'd diversify equally into about five areas with 20% going to each - commodities, large cap, medium cap, small cap, and foreign stocks. That should give you a nice blend which will hopefully let you endure some market falls. Let it ride until you're 60 and don't fucking touch it.

Didn't mean to get defensive, these forums make me that way lol.

That's exactly what I would do. Luckily I don't have any high interest credit cards so I would have used some of that for my downpayment on my house.

Demonic-Cats

Wanderer

fonis;1964493 said:
depends, what do you think the effect of regulation will be? if you think nothing, then your comments might have merit. if leverage is reduced, then the "trillions added" will be nothing.

I hope you're right, I just foresee that some regulation will occur but it won't be enough to keep down inflation.

a lawyer

Sorceror

Demonic-Cats;1964502 said:
Didn't mean to get defensive, these forums make me that way lol.

That's exactly what I would do. Luckily I don't have any high interest credit cards so I would have used some of that for my downpayment on my house.

All good! :)

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

I would pay down all my loans.

According i had no loans, I would put 30K on a brand new car and 20k down payment on a house.

tbh your still young and can afford to lose a little of it. why not risk say 5k in the stock market for a potential turnaround like no other. i bought about 2k shares of FRE when it hit close to its bottom. i paid like .45 a share. its up to about 1.80-2.10 lately. so ive already made 4x the money i put in. even if uncle sam gets some i still made way more than i started with. the avg before our economy hit the shitter was about 60 a share. so if it ever gets back in the next 4-6 years ill be a hell of a lot richer than i started out. esp since i onl spent about 1k. wish i had more when it was still cheaper.

fonis

Knight

yea... i currently have holdings in ge, f
sold my stuff in gt when I hit 100% overall gain
just lost some on wor, but c'est la vie

just don't invest in mutual funds (ETF's are better), avoid penny stocks, and don't day trade or you'll get an ulcer.

a lawyer

Sorceror

incubusfan1413;1964542 said:
tbh your still young and can afford to lose a little of it. why not risk say 5k in the stock market for a potential turnaround like no other. i bought about 2k shares of FRE when it hit close to its bottom. i paid like .45 a share. its up to about 1.80-2.10 lately. so ive already made 4x the money i put in. even if uncle sam gets some i still made way more than i started with. the avg before our economy hit the shitter was about 60 a share. so if it ever gets back in the next 4-6 years ill be a hell of a lot richer than i started out. esp since i onl spent about 1k. wish i had more when it was still cheaper.

Watch your ass with penny stocks bro. I'm young and I still lost a fortune toying with them.

All speculation + market maker manipulation = a select few getting rich with the majority of the stockholders getting it anally without lube.

fonis

Knight

a lawyer;1964557 said:
Watch your ass with penny stocks bro. I'm young and I still lost a fortune toying with them.

All speculation + market maker manipulation = a select few getting rich with the majority of the stockholders getting it anally without lube.

qft

god
so much of that shit out there

insider trading is so crazy prevalent

so much leaked news

so much pumping and dumping

you try thinking about it, it hurts

the only thing that made sense was value investing when big mfg'ers were at their nadir. problem was at that point you didn't know if aig would fall, cus if it did, everything died.

anyway.

investing in things like the banks (C, AIG primarily) are pretty stupid... I don't know. they actively cook the books and yet people still invest in them? it's lol.

and don't get me started on the guys trading in that GM holding company :)

Code Blue

Knight

beelzebub;1964389 said:
so i just inherited 50k irl, i have a lot of ideas, hopes and dreams for a brighter future for myself and possible future family from this.

what would you do? seriously?
blow it all? invest? what would you do?

Hookers and blow!

INDK;1964590 said:
Hookers and blow!

haha close... close cokes fun but its a dirty high

since bub knows me personality well, he'll laugh at this.

I'd go back to Florida and hook up with that Spanish Swedish stripper again, fuck her for awhile. go to dubai buy some good heroin and travel around the globe, pumping it into my arm until i OD fuck looking to the future. Ur right bub I'd probably get the heroin first, u fucking know me to well

lucascyb

Sorceror

I would buy 50k worth of uogamers stock i hear its good investments
Or u can buy like 40lbs of dank and sell each gram at 20$ a gram and make like 358400

Code Blue

Knight

lucascyb;1964611 said:
Or u can buy like 40lbs of dank and sell each gram at 20$ a gram and make like 358400

Your crazy.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

lucascyb;1964611 said:

20$/gram?

Wow I didnt knew even drugs had such an inflation. I never paid more than 10$

Dexter420

Sorceror

Marijuana is not a drug, for the last time. Seed to plant to bowl?? Noooo thats smoking a plant. Plant, to powder, to lab, to coffee pot to rock, thats a drug.

50k = New Car, insurance on said car for 5 years, pay my bills for a couple years about, and maybe have some left over for a few pounds of dank weed and some food.

MadeInQuebec;1964615 said:
20$/gram?

Wow I didnt knew even drugs had such an inflation. I never paid more than 10$

You guys have good weed up there, but NOTHING compared to dispensary aero/hydroponic danks especially out of Colorado,Giving cali a damn big run for its money imo.

fonis;1964555 said:
yea... i currently have holdings in ge, f
sold my stuff in gt when I hit 100% overall gain
just lost some on wor, but c'est la vie

just don't invest in mutual funds (ETF's are better), avoid penny stocks, and don't day trade or you'll get an ulcer.

i was going to buy into GE esp when it hit that nice low. but the risk vs reward to me just didnt seem like it would pay out like the penny stocks. i hate to say it but a 400% increase is phenomenal for me. tbh i just got into the market about a year or so ago when my grandfather was telling me who to buy into it. he was one of the old guys that bought aol when it was nothing then boomed. he got lucky sold right before it dropped of the face of the earth. think he made a few mil