UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

if you inherited 50k irl

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Re: if you inherited 50k irl

Dexter420;1964617 said:
Marijuana is not a drug, for the last time. Seed to plant to bowl??

Out of principle, I am forced to call it a drug until I can buy it at the grocery market or local natural product store.

Keep in minds, I also get drug at the pharmacy... The word "drug" is not to be taken too harshly, it is nothing but a generic term.

Dexter420

Sorceror

MadeInQuebec;1964623 said:
Out of principle, I am forced to call it a drug until I can buy it at the grocery market or local natural product store.
I can, you cant??? I can actually get it at ANY business i like ;)

You probably meant legally tho.

a lawyer

Sorceror

fonis;1964564 said:
qft

god
so much of that shit out there

insider trading is so crazy prevalent

so much leaked news

so much pumping and dumping

you try thinking about it, it hurts

the only thing that made sense was value investing when big mfg'ers were at their nadir. problem was at that point you didn't know if aig would fall, cus if it did, everything died.

anyway.

investing in things like the banks (C, AIG primarily) are pretty stupid... I don't know. they actively cook the books and yet people still invest in them? it's lol.

and don't get me started on the guys trading in that GM holding company :)

PUMP
DUMP
DILUTE
CONVERT
RINSE
REPEAT

incubusfan1413;1964618 said:
i was going to buy into GE esp when it hit that nice low. but the risk vs reward to me just didnt seem like it would pay out like the penny stocks. i hate to say it but a 400% increase is phenomenal for me. tbh i just got into the market about a year or so ago when my grandfather was telling me who to buy into it. he was one of the old guys that bought aol when it was nothing then boomed. he got lucky sold right before it dropped of the face of the earth. think he made a few mil

I wouldn't buy GE on principal.

I made quite a few dollars on delta's last bankrupcy protection... still amazes me how many suckers ride the old shares/symbol to $0.00. Really though, i think commodities are where it's at... that and shorts & calls (assuming you can watch the market 24/7)

PS - who are you guys paying for college w/50k?! That'd be a dent in my student loans :)

Mara

Knight

I have found that there is a lot to be said for owning your own land and home free and clear. You waste ungodly amounts of money paying mortgage interest or rent, although interest iis extremely low right now.

If you know where you want to live, or know where you want to have a home base set up for the rest of your life, I would think about it. There is nothing like knowing that if the shit hits the fan, all you need to worry about is your tax bill and homeowner's insurance.

a lawyer

Sorceror

Mara;1964667 said:
I have found that there is a lot to be said for owning your own land and home free and clear. You waste ungodly amounts of money paying mortgage interest or rent, although interest iis extremely low right now.

If you know where you want to live, or know where you want to have a home base set up for the rest of your life, I would think about it. There is nothing like knowing that if the shit hits the fan, all you need to worry about is your tax bill and homeowner's insurance.

If I had any liquidity right now i'd be buying property non-stop.

beelzebub

Knight

i live in california, and will buy a home in california, however you have to understand that california has HORRIBLE home costs. That's something I'll do in the future.

Mainly, i plan on investing in myself. Buying equipment to start a good business, I'm contemplating starting a small recording studio and working towards building my own label, its a dream of mine for many years.

I do, however, plan to invest some into some small investments, i dont know shit about investing or the 'market' so i'm going to do some good ol' fashioned research before i do anything like that. And I also want to play some semi-high stakes poker with a bit of it, cuz i'm pretty confident i could walk away with a lot.

im not sure yet, I dont actually have the 50k until Thanksgiving, so I'm just sitting and contemplating what i'm actually going to do.

maybe one of you guys who actually does trading and has made a decent return could sit and talk to me about what the ins & outs of it are, just so i can get a basic idea of what i'd be dealiing with? :p

a lawyer

Sorceror

beelzebub;1964677 said:
i live in california, and will buy a home in california, however you have to understand that california has HORRIBLE home costs. That's something I'll do in the future.

Mainly, i plan on investing in myself. Buying equipment to start a good business, I'm contemplating starting a small recording studio and working towards building my own label, its a dream of mine for many years.

I do, however, plan to invest some into some small investments, i dont know shit about investing or the 'market' so i'm going to do some good ol' fashioned research before i do anything like that. And I also want to play some semi-high stakes poker with a bit of it, cuz i'm pretty confident i could walk away with a lot.

im not sure yet, I dont actually have the 50k until Thanksgiving, so I'm just sitting and contemplating what i'm actually going to do.

maybe one of you guys who actually does trading and has made a decent return could sit and talk to me about what the ins & outs of it are, just so i can get a basic idea of what i'd be dealiing with? :p

Buy low, sell high, be lucky :)

CyberWhat

Wanderer

Jesus of SDS;1964409 said:
start a CD at a good bank.. once it gets around 90,000 you can live off the interest COMFORTABLY... alone. :)

what do you think im doin as we speak ;)

It is impossible to live off of a whopping 3.4%apy on $90,000.

DeViiaNt

Knight

50k irl would pay a few bills then i'd blow the rest on a car, and modding it out =\

Bad investment, yeah yeah yeah.

buy a nice ass car wit a ice cream paintjob :) and buy clothes n shit for my house n live like a balla

ploki

Knight

I would put 20k down on a house, in the midwest, get a 30 year fixed loan at 5% and make a rental property out of it. put 10k into the house. Rent it out for 800 a month, and keep the rest in a flexible savings.

Mara

Knight

I might change out the inexpensive shotgun shells in my retirement plan for something a little more highbrow.