UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Idoc " Danger of Collapsing Bug? "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgazmo

Knight
Re: Idoc " Danger of Collapsing Bug? "

The Mute Muse;1848028 said:
There are plenty of ways to fix this without damaging idoc hunting and still allow some safety for vendor owners.

Agreed

Stides40oz

Knight

what happens if the owner of a vendor house chooses to demolish the house with vendors inside?

Countessa

Knight

Stides;1848067 said:
what happens if the owner of a vendor house chooses to demolish the house with vendors inside?

You can't. The demolish house option isn't available with vendors

fonis

Knight

Countessa;1847672 said:
You're not reading. It doesnt make it ageless.
It allows the vendor to remain for their contracted time, plus three days in the vendor crate. Once the house is idoc, the vendor contract cant be renewed. This prevents house owners from scamming vendor owners at their house by giving them time to collect their items.

Obviously it doesn't make it literally Ageless, but the house obviously isn't falling, either.

Therefore, make-shift Ageless.

countessa, is there a limit to the maximum amount of time a vendor can be contracted for? if not, it seems viable to use an alternate character to contract a vendor in any house you own for (theoretically) two years and give enough gold to the vendor to keep it going for that long (which probably wouldn't cost that much at all if the vendor was completely empty). in that scenario, you could let your house go to collapse state and never have to refresh it for two years. maybe someone has brought this up already, i didn't read every post in this thread.

namlamina

Sorceror

FULLYAwakuna matata;1848485 said:
countessa, is there a limit to the maximum amount of time a vendor can be contracted for? if not, it seems viable to use an alternate character to contract a vendor in any house you own for (theoretically) two years and give enough gold to the vendor to keep it going for that long (which probably wouldn't cost that much at all if the vendor was completely empty). in that scenario, you could let your house go to collapse state and never have to refresh it for two years. maybe someone has brought this up already, i didn't read every post in this thread.

Come on Saul! It's been said. Quit being lazy. This is a bummer for the IDOCing community. I hope it is fixed before I get back to the States so I will be able to make some more mils. I also like seeing that the primary posters on this thread are I~P and friends of I~P. IDOCS AND POKER - THATS WHAT I~P DOES!

fonis

Knight

namlamina;1848496 said:
Come on Saul! It's been said. Quit being lazy. This is a bummer for the IDOCing community. I hope it is fixed before I get back to the States so I will be able to make some more mils. I also like seeing that the primary posters on this thread are I~P and friends of I~P. IDOCS AND POKER - THATS WHAT I~P DOES!

get the dregs of idoc'ing after ms/eq left?

in any case, yeah, I said what you just asked, Saul, and that's the general problem with it right now.

Countessa

Knight

fonis;1848338 said:
Obviously it doesn't make it literally Ageless, but the house obviously isn't falling, either.

Therefore, make-shift Ageless.

No it doesn't because once it hits this state, it cannot be refreshed.

Orgazmo

Knight

Oh....Well Tessa that would have been nice to know :p j/k

Another question would be then since it cannot be refreshed are items locked down and such able to be unlocked and removed?

namlamina

Sorceror

fonis;1848529 said:
get the dregs of idoc'ing after ms/eq left?

in any case, yeah, I said what you just asked, Saul, and that's the general problem with it right now.

No. I quit UO when I moved to Spain. By that time I~P was placing the majority of the IDOCs.

Tessa, so its like the house becomes ... ummm kind of like "condemned"? As in it will fall immediately when the vendor falls without the possibility of being refreshed after it has hit its maximum fall time?

Countessa

Knight

namlamina;1848776 said:
No. I quit UO when I moved to Spain. By that time I~P was placing the majority of the IDOCs.

Tessa, so its like the house becomes ... ummm kind of like "condemned"? As in it will fall immediately when the vendor falls without the possibility of being refreshed after it has hit its maximum fall time?

Yes, it's like it is condemned. I am not sure that it will fall immediately after the vendor items are claimed, or if there is a short delay, but once an idoc goes past the drop-time, it goes into a pending demolition state (not shown on the sign) that cannot be refreshed.

honestly that sounds kinda cool. itll add alot more fun if its that easy to see when the contracts expire. everyone will just have a 1 hour window and end up camping the hell out of them and better fights.

Since I still Play EA I can tell you their vendor system is like this, If a house Gos IDOC and has vendors It has to wait out the Vendor contracts at the same time it gos into demo pending (shown on EA signs) once the time has worn down the house will go into the normal IDOC stage phase around 7 days (or reverts decay phases back 7 days) with a condemmed like status after first IDOC. what it does is help vendor spot renters claim their items before a house falls if the owner quits (houses stay refreshed 90 days after a account is closed on EA there is no refreshing houses there). But the key thing is the house would go into demo pending, revert decay stages 7 days and then and go idoc and the sign would let you know like "This house is Greatly worn" "Demolition Pending" Its a pretty fair system for renters before this system The beta "new" vendor system people were gettin taken for their gold and items due to idoc, and some other things i will not mention that may still work here (due to the old style housing rules) But for the most part if the vendor owner is alert and payin attention they have time to claim their gold and items if A: a contract expires or B: if a house go's IDOC.

Countessa;1848847 said:
Yes, it's like it is condemned. I am not sure that it will fall immediately after the vendor items are claimed, or if there is a short delay, but once an idoc goes past the drop-time, it goes into a pending demolition state (not shown on the sign) that cannot be refreshed.

What it does on EA servers is starts the normal IDOC timer(not the whole thing but just the IDOC stage) all over again That is if items are claimed or vendor time expires, items and gold in house sign vendors should be in bags in the center of plot when house does fall also.

The Mute Muse

Sorceror

FULLYAwakuna matata;1848485 said:

Vendor contracts are only for a month.
there for its not ageless, it just adds a month to the fall time and makes timing the house alot easyer

namlamina

Sorceror

The Mute Muse;1849454 said:
Vendor contracts are only for a month.
there for its not ageless, it just adds a month to the fall time and makes timing the house alot easyer

You know almost everyone in this thread could just talk about this in the I~P guildchat...

KoNNaN

Knight

Countessa;1848847 said:

The house I posted earlier was refreshed after days of being idoc. The sign still says there is 7 hrs to reclaim vendor inventory. So I guess it is not condemned.

kdivers

Knight

with the vendor deal, should it be renamed to Vendor Hunting instead of Idoc Hunting?

Andras

Sorceror

yea the house is refreshed but the new system i find it is not good. so the owner have more then 20 days to refresh the house again..... o_O
And when the house go idoc when the Owner put 100k in a empty Vendor??? Ageless??

Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.