UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Idoc " Danger of Collapsing Bug? "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Idoc " Danger of Collapsing Bug? "

ive explained this so many times but one more may help. the little bit of time usually about 3-5 minutes added to the fall time is due to the server shutting down and coming back up after server wars. the server actually has to shut down and be reverted back to before the server wars. which takes it a few minutes. if you keep up with the time it takes the server to restart each week and add it up for the 2 weeks prior to the fall time thats the exact time.

the sign is really odd though. seeing how it has a name and then the sign itself shows no name. thats a little odd.

Countessa

Knight

The house in question has a vendor. I believe the housing rules may be a little different with the new vendor system. I'll get back to ya.

Countessa;1847367 said:
The house in question has a vendor. I believe the housing rules may be a little different with the new vendor system. I'll get back to ya.

oh i hope not cause that would be the easiest way to have an ageless house.

Andras

Sorceror

yea the Plot have Vendors on it.... i think thats the Problem. So aktually the House iss in the Status " Danger....." 3 days and 1 hours ----> rolleyes :)

It is not fair.

Greeting

Andras

Sorceror

year really wow *gg* i standing around and hope it will fall, but i think it will fall down when the last Vendor is gone *gg*

Countessa

Knight

incubusfan1413;1847485 said:
oh i hope not cause that would be the easiest way to have an ageless house.

No, when the house goes to final decay, contracts can no longer be renewed. When the last vendor contract expires, the items go to the vendor crate for three days grace period. When this time is up, the house falls.

Don't quote this as gospel. I still need to get confirmation on this.

SparksPlus

Wanderer

I had an idoc fall with a vendor on it the other day vendor dropped the bag with the items and check on the ground :) thank you for the val axe and moongate house that NOBODY for some reason saw :)

Countessa

Knight

SparksPlus;1847645 said:
I had an idoc fall with a vendor on it the other day vendor dropped the bag with the items and check on the ground :) thank you for the val axe and moongate house that NOBODY for some reason saw :)

In this case the vendor would have been an older one, placed before the new vendor contracts. Having no contract, it falls with the house as per the previous housing/vendor rules.

fonis

Knight

how much gold is it / real day for a vendor?

I'm wondering if I could dump a couple mils on a vendor and more or less have my keep become ageless

Countessa

Knight

fonis;1847668 said:
how much gold is it / real day for a vendor?

I'm wondering if I could dump a couple mils on a vendor and more or less have my keep become ageless

You're not reading. It doesnt make it ageless.
It allows the vendor to remain for their contracted time, plus three days in the vendor crate. Once the house is idoc, the vendor contract cant be renewed. This prevents house owners from scamming vendor owners at their house by giving them time to collect their items.

KoNNaN

Knight

I just noticed this menu you can get by shift+clicking the house sign.

Countessa

Knight

You will only see the second option if there is actually vendor inventory in the vendor crate.
If the above was the idoc, once the 106 hours were up, the house would fall. (I believe)

KoNNaN

Knight

Countessa;1847965 said:
You will only see the second option if there is actually vendor inventory in the vendor crate.
If the above was the idoc, once the 106 hours were up, the house would fall. (I believe)

Well, we'll see what happens in about 106 hrs.

Swayback

Sorceror

Countessa;1847965 said:

I now another questions along these lines...
Can a house that is in this extended state of idoc be refreshed my the owner/freinds as it normally would.

Orgazmo

Knight

Countessa;1847965 said:

So if i understand this correctly...

A House goes Idoc...
A vendor on it still has 1 week 4 days left on the contract...
The idoc will not fall until 1 week 7 days (1 week 4 days + 3 day grace period)

Is this right?

If so for the record I hate it :(

But eh time to adapt i suppose....

The Mute Muse

Sorceror

incubusfan1413;1847363 said:
ive explained this so many times but one more may help. the little bit of time usually about 3-5 minutes added to the fall time is due to the server shutting down and coming back up after server wars. the server actually has to shut down and be reverted back to before the server wars. which takes it a few minutes. if you keep up with the time it takes the server to restart each week and add it up for the 2 weeks prior to the fall time thats the exact time.

the sign is really odd though. seeing how it has a name and then the sign itself shows no name. thats a little odd.

HAHAHA OWNED!!!
Sheep likes to think he knows everything about every idoc :p
lol
but anyway, So basically everyone is going to put vendors up on their houses for little cost to them, and in doing so if refreshed about 15 days into the contract add a month to the life of their house if it goes idoc, giving them about a month and a half to refresh it, and not only this but should the house go idoc everyone who has the brain to click the sign once every 3 days will know exactly the time it falls?!!

I'm feeling an update :/

this vendor system is in danger of collapsing

actually i really like all the vendor changes ...except for this minor factor... which is a major factor since i live to idoc

The Mute Muse

Sorceror

ditto i love everything else about the system and i understand that this was put in place to protect from people scamming you out of your vendors items, but seriously if someone lets their house fall just to loot a vendor and and they risk losing their plot and not getting anything, then i think they deserve whatever they can loot, also it should be up to the vendor owner to watch the condition of the sign. Possibly it could be changed to expire the contract the second the house goes IDOC, and shorten the grace period to 16.8 hours? or only shorten it in this circumstance? that way even if they don't click the sign, if they restock their vendor about once a day, they are likely to catch their vendor down and know to take the stuff off of the sign. There are plenty of ways to fix this without damaging idoc hunting and still allow some safety for vendor owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.