UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

IDEA: Duel pit is to PvP as Clans are to RP (read)

After reading this idea, would this be a valuable RP option for the UOG society?

• Yes

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 44.0%
  • Maybe... a good start. Make this change:

Votes: 13 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Antarus said:
For the love of god leave UO the way it is.

Stop asking for coding changes so you can "rp" certain groups. If you want something like this go play WoW.

The only changes that need to be made are tamers using bolas and the recall timer is too fast.

kthxdundunbye.

Wow... leave UO the way it is? Even if its jacked up... or if it could be improved... just leave it? You may be fine with the way UO is right now, but there are obviously those that arent.

I did play WoW... and WoW was lame. It was nothing like this idea protrays.

And, obviously, there are those that think that tamers dont need to be changed. So, thank you for your opinion. There are those that disagree.

Compton

Sorceror
HEY EVILGENIUS, i like the ideas you are putting forth, but i think it might be time to refine them with the issues everyone here has put forth.
if you keep hammering out the details instead of arguing about how it will work, you will most likely get alot more support here.
just read through all of the constructive criticism and avoid any flame work or posts by icey. then rebuild your concepts with the other players input about its flaws and downsides.
then start a new tread and poll considering opinions about your new ideas. this, seemingly, isn't getting anything done for you, and probably building a negative bias to all of your posts.
if this continues for any longer people might start hating you on site (think of the way people react to Icey's posts, do you really want to be in that situation?)
so in summery start another thread and let this one die. rebuild your idea and present it again.

micheal

Sorceror
I like this idea as well and I don't usually rp but, this sounds like an awsome idea and hope it gets implemented.

Antarus

Wanderer
EvilGenius010 said:
Wow... leave UO the way it is? Even if its jacked up... or if it could be improved... just leave it? You may be fine with the way UO is right now, but there are obviously those that arent.

I did play WoW... and WoW was lame. It was nothing like this idea protrays.

And, obviously, there are those that think that tamers dont need to be changed. So, thank you for your opinion. There are those that disagree.

You have played UO for what 2 weeks?

Have you even pvped? Are you in factions?

You try to make coherent and constructive analysis for a game that is free. FREE.
OSI never implented your "rp pvp" idea.

Nor should UOG.

The economy might be fucked up. However, do you know why? Ryan needs money to run the servers and the bandwith for 40k accounts to run on. Thus people donate.

The skills, weaps, materials, ect were all once apart of OSI's patches.

An "rp pvp faction" never was.

Deal with what UOG is. Ultima Online with a "Hybrid" of OSI patches.

If you want to rp thats fine. But dont ask for coding changes that OSI never once implemented.

Compton

Sorceror
Antarus said:

uhmm, poker was never and probly never will be on OSI. neither were tourny maps that copied DE_desert from counterstrike. or duel pits, or allowed afk macros, or.....
the list goes on and on....

that wasn't a very good defense, or valid.

Antarus

Wanderer
Compton said:
uhmm, poker was never and probly never will be on OSI. neither were tourny maps that copied DE_desert from counterstrike. or duel pits, or allowed afk macros, or.....
the list goes on and on....

that wasn't a very good defense, or valid.

Oh its vaild. Have a trammy "rp faction" is all the validation I need.

Devine

Page
EvilGenius010 said:
To start, it would not take 15 weeks for a player to reach Legend. It would take 15 weeks of playing time as the rank of Elite. Now do you see why this would actually take dedication? And, also, the new voting system, as posted both earlier and on the main post. Any character with a leadership rank (Leader-Elder) votes for who will be the legend and also can start a vote to kick a member out. This prevents a player from just leaving his system on and gaining "time in clan", and it also prevents a new player from making an impact on who should run the clan.
It wouldn't take any dedication, just like it doesnt require any dedication for me to leave my account on 24/7 to macro off murder counts. If I really wanted to fuck with the system all I'd have to do is make 10 rp chars, put them in a guild, and macro them 24/7. Then when I'm Leader/Elder guess what? I vote for myself and automatically win the vote because the normal player isn't going to be doing the same thing I am. Your timebased system is flawed no matter how you look at it.

Antarus

Wanderer
Compton said:
yeah but the things you said were wrong.

Go rp thats fine. Just dont ask the staff to take out time to make a trammy rp faction system when other things in the game need to be adjusted.

What I said is only wrong to however thinks its it wrong.

Wrath Child

Sorceror
i will take a few minutes out of my day to reply to this once more.. since obviously this is still going on.. Evil just drop it already.. if you want to rp then role play.. i role play and i dont bother anyone else.. i go and i do my thing and that is that.. and before you say "explain your reasons as to why this system will not work" i will ask this who the hell do you think you are? waltzing up into hybrid and wanting to make changes that will completely trammify this shard? now i'm not trying to be rude or anything but your not god's gift to role play and you sure as hell didn't make the rules for it... so if people wish to rp let them.. because the more you keep pressing this the more the Older players on the shard are going to despise it and want the rp'ers gone.. and you know what? i like what is goin on right now with rp.. i dont and i'm sure others will agree need someone coming to hybrid and striving to make the shard trammel.. sorry if you want trammel there are other shards for that.. this is not the place for ye.. UOGamers Hybrid is #1 for a reason.. one of the biggest things i see the reason being is there is absolutely no Trammel whatsoever and there is a large amount of things and ways you can play your character account... now please drop this quest of yours to implement things that should not be.. i am well in the understanding that the staff support the rp'ers and such but dont press them too much.. eventually all these demands and requests will rub someone the wrong way as far as staff goes and it will all be stripped away..

Devine said:
It wouldn't take any dedication, just like it doesnt require any dedication for me to leave my account on 24/7 to macro off murder counts. If I really wanted to fuck with the system all I'd have to do is make 10 rp chars, put them in a guild, and macro them 24/7. Then when I'm Leader/Elder guess what? I vote for myself and automatically win the vote because the normal player isn't going to be doing the same thing I am. Your timebased system is flawed no matter how you look at it.

It clearly states: "And a Leadership Rank may start a vote to remove a player from the clan".

If the players in a clan suddenly see an Elite that they havent seen before, theyll know he wasnt playing previously and would vote him out. That player will also not get votes toward being a Legend. With the voting that was added, and the leadership ranks, I dont think that would be as big as a problem as everyone says it is.

Lets be reasonable now... this is a RP system. With as many players that seem interested, and for all of the players it will bring, not everyone will keep their computers on for 12 weeks just to have a character be an "Elite" in some clan. You need to remember that not everyone wants to scam the system.

And, if thats the biggest flaw this system has, then I would say its better than what factions is for PvP. I simply dont like the CL voting system.

Compton:
Ive actually been trying to do just that. Since I first introduced this system, ive added Leadership Ranks and Clan Territory, and have maid many small adjustments to try to perfect this system. Every 8th post, someone actually gives great insight or makes a helpful comment... and im constantly scanning through here to find it and make the adjustment. I hope that with all of these suggestions, we can come to something.

(To everyone else: Just because you dont want a trammy "RP facion" doesnt mean other characters wouldny enjoy a system designed towards rank and fun pvp, and not at "PUNKTE! Omg!" (res-kill, res-kill, point mule) and the same neon shit over and over again. The other 60% of the shard has spoken, and they want something new.)

Antarus said:
You have played UO for what 2 weeks?

Have you even pvped? Are you in factions?

You try to make coherent and constructive analysis for a game that is free. FREE.
OSI never implented your "rp pvp" idea.

Nor should UOG.

The economy might be fucked up. However, do you know why? Ryan needs money to run the servers and the bandwith for 40k accounts to run on. Thus people donate.

The skills, weaps, materials, ect were all once apart of OSI's patches.

If you want to rp thats fine. But dont ask for coding changes that OSI never once implemented.

Im glad someone else decided to remind you of the poker tables/duel pit, but now I would like to comment on a different aspect of your post.

How long did you say i've played UO? Im sorry... you have no clue how long ive played. Ive played UO for around 7 years, and ive played freeshards (Archeronne, UOG) for about one and a half. I know how to play. I used to ONLY PvP back in the day... I was big into factions, and enjoyed it. I actually never made a tamer or a smith until I got here.

What is the difference if this shard is free or not? Because its free, we cant make suggestions? I think they want us to. And... OSI didnt implement this because I never mentioned it (im not saying they would have... but saying they never did is kinda stupid.)

Those that we dont speak of (the staff) have a lot of talent and already have a beautiful shard. If this was made on a new shard, it wouldnt be good at all, because this shard has both the players and a lot of available PvP. Theres nothing wrong with something that has the best ideas for every aspect of gameplay. Think of WalMart.

UOG would be the place for this idea to be made... because they can do it and I think the playerbase would love it.

Atrox-hybrid

Wanderer
EvilGenius010 said:
Gotchya. One thing that I know this system would do is change the economy of UOG. If players were to get involved and love this system, most wouldnt need bless deeds/neon shit/crazy leet items. This might be one reasons why the GM's wouldnt make it... those players that donate regularly for bless deeds wouldnt give as much service with this system into play. I would hate to think that they'd pull an OSI and not do something for the money...
most players now odnt need neon junk and the like... at least not the ones worth keeping around. uog wouldnt turn this system down because of money. they would turn it down because it would fuck alot of shit up, and it just isnt in the spirit of uo.

EvilGenius010 said:
When I stated RP with PvP, I meant a RP society with chances to choose to PvP. Factions is PvP without RP.
factions are only pvp without rp because no rp guilds chose to join. the factions themselves are based around already present roleplaying themes within UO. its just up to the players to use them to their potential.

EvilGenius010 said:
If you wanted to fight and have a good time, you could tell an orcish leader to go get some of his orcs and go to his base, awaiting a massive attack from the Undead. How fun would that shit be?
not very considering half the guys ranked above me would probably kill me and recall out before the undead ever got there.

EvilGenius010 said:
I dont think players always need an incentive to just kill each other... I usually find I have a better time when im not killing for rank or loot.
rank and loot are just a bonus. i dont need incentive to kill people. including my own guys. which is why, if theres no neagive/positive consequences for killing your guys/the enemies itll just turn into a lot of griefing that will quickly get boring

EvilGenius010 said:
Massive battles with crosshealing and strategy is more enjoyable to me than battles focused on loot and points. Just the way I am. (Quick story - Back on LS on OSI, my guild used to sit on our island by our guildhouse and just wait for the waves of enemies to attack. We didnt give a shit about loot, and there were no points involved. They would come... bodies would fall... and, once everyone was ressed, they would prepare for another wave. I think needing loot or points is a factions perspective... and a UOG perspective).
most faction battles are massive and employ crosshealing and strategy. the only difference is there is actually payoff for your efforts.

EvilGenius010 said:
Im also done with voting for a leader... one reason being what could stop someone from making 57328729 clan characters and having them all vote for himself? You have a 2 minute clan lord. If it was similar to factions in the sense that you could only have 1 char per account, which I agree with, then you could at least get your 3 votes, and a couple of your buddies could give you 3 more each. Its just too stupid.
what you describe is a problem with having a freeserver allowing multiple accounts. but your solution doesnt fix anything. having rank based on time logged in is really, really stupid. it wont work... people will just farm the system and then you'll not only have incompetent leaders, you'll have leaders that nobody has even heard of.

EvilGenius010 said:
I also take this from my experience in the Marine Corps.
so that explains it... :>
in all seriousness, you're what 19? how much experience could you possibly have had in the usmc.. 2 years.. tops? and how much of that was at basic?

EvilGenius010 said:
A lot of Marines are promoted Time in Grade or because of their cutting score because of how much time they've put in in a certain rank. This makes sense to me.
yea thats fine in real life, where people cant leave themselves "punched in" while they sleep or work another job... but it wont work in uo because people can just afk farm your system.

EvilGenius010 said:
(When I think about this system... I imagine logging on and going to brit bank to see 3 Orcs, a recruit, a warrior and one of the two Orcish legends on the server, chatting in an oricsh language that my Demonic character cant understand.
Problem: if they're your enemy... you should kill them right there.. but oh wait you cant, because your system is trammel.

EvilGenius010 said:
I recall to my stone to find a 14 Undead invasion, a battle of which I quickly join in. Although my Demons were caught off-guard and lost the fight, they all enjoyed it and are preparing for the next battle.
problem: they dont need to prepare for next battle, because they're already fully equipped and ready to fight again... they can just rez and throw themselves at the enemy over and over without using any strategy and without any penalty for death at all... real fun imo.

EvilGenius010 said:
I see one of the elders giving orders to one group, and a leader is getting a smaller group of dexers prepared to ambush the Undead from behind, upon their arrival. This time, not only do the Undead attack from the east, but the Savages invade from the north, moving swiftly though the field, killing both character types and quickly recalling out (it had been their recent tactic... short, quick attacks... similar to guerrila warfare). Knowing we need backup, I go back to brit to grab a few more Demonic clan mates. With all of the respect my character has, no one couldve imagined I was Kenny the bank-sitter or Sasha the tamer... I have the same respect and opportunity as they do).
so when youre out numbered whats to stop your guys (or anyone elses) from running 2 screens out of the zone and going, "nyah nyah, you cant hurt me"??

EvilGenius010 said:
I dont have to go to town and worry about being killed by a 9 Orc gank... and, after the Undead cleared us out the first time, they leave.
so what youre saying is there is no element of danger (or excitment)... that should be fun. not.

EvilGenius010 said:
They dont sit and wait around, looting our stuff as we try to res. Of course, res killing happens because one of my clan mates wanted his Vanq hally back.
they'll rezkill you anyway chief. ever play factions? What happens if you die? some clown kills your horse--95% of the time at least. they dont get anything from it. in fact, they lose reagents on it. so why bother? to be a fucking dick. your system caters to these types of people.

EvilGenius010 said:
All roleplaying is lost as Demons start yelling "FAG" and the undead call him a pussy. Do you see what I mean? Im tired of all of the shit... and I want something... just like that.
if you cant control your guys and keep them in character, maybe you should stick to single player games? baldurs gate is pretty good lol

Antarus

Wanderer
EvilGenius010 said:
Im glad someone else decided to remind you of the poker tables/duel pit, but now I would like to comment on a different aspect of your post.

How long did you say i've played UO? Im sorry... you have no clue how long ive played. Ive played UO for around 7 years, and ive played freeshards (Archeronne, UOG) for about one and a half. I know how to play. I used to ONLY PvP back in the day... I was big into factions, and enjoyed it. I actually never made a tamer or a smith until I got here.

What is the difference if this shard is free or not? Because its free, we cant make suggestions? I think they want us to. And... OSI didnt implement this because I never mentioned it (im not saying they would have... but saying they never did is kinda stupid.)

Those that we dont speak of (the staff) have a lot of talent and already have a beautiful shard. If this was made on a new shard, it wouldnt be good at all, because this shard has both the players and a lot of available PvP. Theres nothing wrong with something that has the best ideas for every aspect of gameplay. Think of WalMart.

UOG would be the place for this idea to be made... because they can do it and I think the playerbase would love it.

If you played for seven years please tell me how to become dread instantly.

You played UO for seven years and you want a faction no looting policy?

Right.

Wrath Child

Sorceror
Antarus said:
If you played for seven years please tell me how to become dread instantly.

You played UO for seven years and you want a faction no looting policy?

Right.

wow that would just take the fun out of runnin up on someone and killing them and no pay off.. i find that as entertaining as watching 2 hour eps of Friends

Antarus

Wanderer
Wrath Child said:
wow that would just take the fun out of runnin up on someone and killing them and no pay off.. i find that as entertaining as watching 2 hour eps of Friends

When a "masked" player is killed, he cannot be looted, and every weapon used while wearing a clan item becomes the equivalent to GM, giving all players a level playing field.

Pretty much.

Ok... this system is for casual players... but they can still experience PvP.

And... they wouldnt run 3 screens away and yell "HAHA YOU CANT GET ME" because theres no reason not to stay and fight (no looting, right?).

Yes... I did play for 7 years.

And... Antaruis. What the fuck did you say? How long have you been in the Corps? You must be a Marine to make a comment like this, right?:

Antarius said:
Quote: MY MISTAKE! IT WAS ATROX!
Originally Posted by EvilGenius010

in all seriousness, you're what 19? how much experience could you possibly have had in the usmc.. 2 years.. tops? and how much of that was at basic?

Please... tell me... how many years in the Corps have you put it? I hope you have a number for me. If so, you would know how many deployments most Marines can take in 2 years. Yes, 4 MONTHS is spent at boot camp/mct... and thats it. I know your not a Marine... Marines dont disrespect others with wild assumptions about those that choose to give their life for their country.

Out of those Marines I spent those 4 months with, 30% have already been to Iraq. Ive experienced 3 deaths from Marines I have known. Consider showing respect to those who allow citizens in this country to spend their time arguing on a game forum.

Antarus

Wanderer
Originally Posted by Antarius
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius010

ROFL way to spell my name wrong and make up a post that I never posted you stupid fuck.

And you still never stated how to become dread instantly back in the day.

*edit*

Im going to edit this post tell you how much of a fucking dick you are.

I have complete and total respect for ANYONE in the military. My Grandfather was fighter pilot during WW2 and, my best friend is in the national guard and was deployed last year.
You just looked like the biggest asshole on this forum by trying to create something to flame me with while you have nothing.

You idea is ridiculous in every aspect and screams trammel worse then bonded pets you insipid fuck.

Get the fuck off the forums scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.