UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

IDEA: Duel pit is to PvP as Clans are to RP (read)

After reading this idea, would this be a valuable RP option for the UOG society?

• Yes

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 44.0%
  • Maybe... a good start. Make this change:

Votes: 13 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZugZug said:
This idea can't work, it will turn into another form of factions. If I read this right, any dewd, griefer or anyone in general could join? that's exactly why roleplaying didn't work on WoW or on "rp shards". I could see it now, dewd joins orc stone, dewd then says "wtf I pwn in duels and I get leader title so lets go pwn noobs, woot!"

The rules posted in this idea aren't going to work either because their trammlized, sorry
Zug

Zug... ill give you a few seconds to go remove that reply.

*waits*

Ugh. Im sorry... I tried to help you out. Here we go.

The whole point of the rank structure is that someone will have to spend a lot of time to become a leader of a clan. If said "dewd" joins the Orc "Clan", it would take him a week of playtime to become an Initiate... and exactly 15 weeks of playtime to hit Legend. Most griefers would not be willing to spend even 1-2 weeks playing a character just to get a few kills and, ultimately, get killed by the higher-ranked clan members.

And... how are the rules posted "trammlized"? Please explain... I would love to know what is so "trammlized" about attempting to perfect a broken concept. (Then again... if we wanted to perfect the broken concepts of UOG, we should start with the economy.)

Atrox said:
i didnt read all 11 pages of this thread, so sorry if i repeat something someones already said.

I really dont like this idea. it sounds like a hell of alot of work for the GMs because you dont want to use the tools already at your disposal to roleplay. plus you include a lot of stuff that basically makes uo...not uo.

A masked player cant be looted? Hello trammel. looting is essential to uo.. its part of what makes it better than evercrap, wow, etc.

not needed. player skill already outweighs any items you can get. plus, players could just take newbie katanas, hatchets, etc and use them. then they would have effectively perma-blessed gm damage weapons that will never break.

RPG players generally like to choose their own names...not have them assigned by whatever item is randomly dropped in their bag.

so instead of people creating characters and logging out and not playing them... people will create characters and leave them on all day while theyre at work/school. and a leader should be determined by popularity among other things, not how long you've been logged in.

no it doesnt. it provides a rank structure based on who can leave their character logged in longest.

you have no method of policing this from griefers. the average person playing this server has about the maturity level of a preteen problem child. they dont give a shit about respect. the'll join, leave their character logged in for a week to build up rank, and then noto pk new joins.

from this portion of your post. one can deduce that enemy clan members are only attackable to eachother in clan bases. but friendly clan members of lower rank are freely attackable all the time.... this seems like a very flawed concept. furthermore, armies dont just kill eachother just to fight. there is always an objective behind a war. fighting without objectives lacks purpose and quickly becomes boring

this isnt balanced. one side has orcs. the other side has demons. a base full of demons will ream anyone that goes near it. a base full of orcs is a minor annoyance.

i think you'll find after a few weeks of playing with this type of ruleset how incredibly flawed it is. at which point, you and everyone else will cancel your $20 dollar subscription =/

You're making the shard completely item driven by making peoples items (masks) determine their appearance, name, and practically their entire identity...

interested roleplayers already have the option of playing within a respectful society. Make a frigging guild with rules. 58% of the population really wants this change...and feels that strongly about it, im sure they'll have the motivation to structure a roleplaying environment within the normal confines of the game. you want wars versus other roleplaying guilds... uh, declare war on them? there you go. rp filled with pvp, with none of the bugs, griefing, flaws, and overall gayness.

uo is the least item based mmo of any ive seen. within the pvp community nobody gives a crap what sandals you wear or if you have the rarest barstool ever. you're identified by your name and your guild. your pvp ability and general character reflect back on them.

if he doesnt want to wait a day or two for the GM to get on... hes obviously not THAT interested in joining...

so... get the players to declare fealty to someone else, thus declaring them gm?

the rank based on time logged on is stupid anyway.

nobody is stopping you from speaking another language. the orcs dont seem to have a problem doing it.

so just any player COULD join.. if he started a new guild and coordinated outfits.... or if he just joined an existing guild.

then your guild is not that dedicated to roleplaying. find another imo.

well.. you could pk them. orcs are already mostly red. or you could just suck it up and declare war. the guild war system is quite suitable for the type of pvp youre describing.

what else you got? ill tell you why its wrong.

a minute ago you said not anyone could be involved. now im confused ;/

the system is great run by players. look at the orcs in uog now. look at them on osi. they do fine without a system specifically designed to cater to their lack of creativity and originality.

lol you're kidding me right. like they just have to flip a switch or something and its all there? This would take countless hours for a system of roleplaying that you'd quickly find sucks more than siccx's mom in a room full of sheep.

you opened this saying it was different than factions. while similar to factions in nature.. it doesnt really make a whole lot of sense to me.... especially since guilds and factions already exisit. and guilds in particular are more than capable of handling this type of roleplaying with a little effort on your part.

^^^^^^^^
that was a good way to kill some time =D

Wow... I didnt catch this one before... but let me respond. To summarize what im about to say, you need to realise that this idea is from a common player/roleplaying perspective... NOT from PvP. That being said, I just need to know where to start to respond.

First of all, nothing in this idea is using anything that the GMs dont already have. Stones, masks... they all exist in the world. This only requires a little scripting. You do realise that if I was to use the tools already at my disposal, it would be the same as the RPing guilds currently on the shard. And... even they admit that the ideas suggested would be awesome.

This system should NOT be anything similar to the way factions is built. Not allowing players to loot eliminates players randomly camping/griefing an area just to take some beginners 20 bandadges and force hally. This system is for the everyday player... if he happens to be in an area to get attacked, he can try to defend himself without fear of losing his stuff. This will encourange players not too familiar with PvP to step up and give it a shot.

Also, you make it sound like this system is based on PvP/PvPers will choose to play here over factions. Factions is for PvP... this is for RP. If players want loot and points and to be able to run around and gank everyone, and to show of their leet neon shit/hair, they should stay in factions. If the everyday casual player (there are A LOT of them here) wants to join a society to have fun and roleplay (play a role) a bit, then this is for them.

I found your comment on "how all weapons are gm" absurd. Your suggesting that theres something amazing about a GM weapon... when most players in factions/pvp use much stronger weapons. This almost puts these groups at a disadvantage. Other weapons are not hard to come by. And... as I already explained my views on looting... if your weapons could be as strong as they are without the mask on, players would have blessed vanq's?

Most roleplayers wouldnt mind having a name assigned to them, knowing that they'll be assuming the form of a certain being. Actually, most players wouldnt be able to think of a name similar to those of the clans. And... this prevents "Sir Fucksalot" the Orc.

By making the comments on the suggested time rank structure, I would then ask you for a better idea. The current faction rank structure is decent... but for factions. It relies on kills... something that may not come all that frequently to clan members. But... voting for the CL is just retarted. Vote for me! Vote for me! Umm... ok.

Also, I find that when I leave my characters on while im at work, I come back to a "Connection Lost" screen. But... aside from players trying to milk the system, the rank structure should be about who plays the most and who is on the most, for a RP guild. It should be about loyalty... dedication. Not by how many friends you have.

And... lastly... the masks would not make it item-driven. The masks would not be tradeable, or transferrable and would not be neon colors. This prevents people from focusing on neon and encourages them to focus on playing.

I didnt read the rest... I tried... but im kinda tired.

Thank you for your input... it is appreciated. As most can see... there are not really problems with this system when taken from a RP perspective.

Atrox-hybrid

Wanderer
EvilGenius010 said:
Wow... I didnt catch this one before... but let me respond. To summarize what im about to say, you need to realise that this idea is from a common player/roleplaying perspective... NOT from PvP. That being said, I just need to know where to start to respond.
you clearly stated that you wanted RP with pvp.

EvilGenius010 said:
First of all, nothing in this idea is using anything that the GMs dont already have. Stones, masks... they all exist in the world. This only requires a little scripting. You do realise that if I was to use the tools already at my disposal, it would be the same as the RPing guilds currently on the shard. And... even they admit that the ideas suggested would be awesome.
yes i do realize that it would be the same as the rp guilds already here. and they think it will be awesome... but it wont be :/

EvilGenius010 said:
This system should NOT be anything similar to the way factions is built. Not allowing players to loot eliminates players randomly camping/griefing an area just to take some beginners 20 bandadges and force hally. This system is for the everyday player... if he happens to be in an area to get attacked, he can try to defend himself without fear of losing his stuff. This will encourange players not too familiar with PvP to step up and give it a shot.
what incentive is there for rp'ers to kill eachother then? you dont get loot from it. you dont get rank from it.. the only incentive i see is to grief and im sure with this system you'll get plenty of that. people dont kill noobs for the hally and bandaids. people kill noobs because theyre immature assholes. you're providing them with the perfect medium to get what they want =/

EvilGenius010 said:
Also, you make it sound like this system is based on PvP/PvPers will choose to play here over factions. Factions is for PvP... this is for RP. If players want loot and points and to be able to run around and gank everyone, and to show of their leet neon shit/hair, they should stay in factions. If the everyday casual player (there are A LOT of them here) wants to join a society to have fun and roleplay (play a role) a bit, then this is for them.
then tell them to join a guild... like you said before, you originally stated you wanted rp and pvp. im telling you why the pvp end of it simply wont work.

EvilGenius010 said:
I found your comment on "how all weapons are gm" absurd. Your suggesting that theres something amazing about a GM weapon... when most players in factions/pvp use much stronger weapons. This almost puts these groups at a disadvantage. Other weapons are not hard to come by. And... as I already explained my views on looting... if your weapons could be as strong as they are without the mask on, players would have blessed vanq's?
im not complaining that its GM... I'm saying the fact that they're pretty much blessed unless you're red is stupid. that goes for blessed faction weapons too.

EvilGenius010 said:
Most roleplayers wouldnt mind having a name assigned to them, knowing that they'll be assuming the form of a certain being. Actually, most players wouldnt be able to think of a name similar to those of the clans. And... this prevents "Sir Fucksalot" the Orc.
the human element of this game should prevent sir fucksalot. your gm should have enough tact to not recruit anyone named that... especially to an RP guild. and im sure most roleplayers would rather choose their names. i know i would.

EvilGenius010 said:
By making the comments on the suggested time rank structure, I would then ask you for a better idea. The current faction rank structure is decent... but for factions. It relies on kills... something that may not come all that frequently to clan members. But... voting for the CL is just retarted. Vote for me! Vote for me! Umm... ok.
my better idea is ditch this plan and join a guild. but if you HAD to keep this system... a fealty deal would probably work better. have underlings declare fealty to someone higher rank than them and so forth.. the one with most people under his wing is the most powerful, therefore the leader. then again.. guilds already have a fealty system similar to that although not quite the same.

EvilGenius010 said:
Also, I find that when I leave my characters on while im at work, I come back to a "Connection Lost" screen. But... aside from players trying to milk the system, the rank structure should be about who plays the most and who is on the most, for a RP guild. It should be about loyalty... dedication. Not by how many friends you have.
there is no timeout on uog like there is on osi. you can stay logged in and idle indefinitely provided your connection holds out and the server stays up.

EvilGenius010 said:
And... lastly... the masks would not make it item-driven. The masks would not be tradeable, or transferrable and would not be neon colors. This prevents people from focusing on neon and encourages them to focus on playing.
i agree the neon crap is a bit retarded.. but then again it makes the easy kills more identifible :) ...but the game isnt item driven as it is. you can have the worst items in the game and still go out and kill some monsters with your buddies. in other games (like daoc) that isnt possible because without the best gear you just cant compete. imo there is no need to modify the level of item dependency in uo

EvilGenius010 said:
Thank you for your input... it is appreciated. As most can see... there are not really problems with this system when taken from a RP perspective.
thats highly debatable but i'll leave it be. However, consider the entire game's health and not just the facet of it you're interested in. it MIGHT be ok from an rp standpoint, but large changes like this tend to have unforseen effects regarding both themselves and other aspects of the game. think of trammel... most people thought it was a good idea before it went in. and we all know how that turned out... i just dont want to see the same thing happen to uog

Atrox said:
you clearly stated that you wanted RP with pvp.

yes i do realize that it would be the same as the rp guilds already here. and they think it will be awesome... but it wont be :/

what incentive is there for rp'ers to kill eachother then? you dont get loot from it. you dont get rank from it.. the only incentive i see is to grief and im sure with this system you'll get plenty of that. people dont kill noobs for the hally and bandaids. people kill noobs because theyre immature assholes. you're providing them with the perfect medium to get what they want =/

then tell them to join a guild... like you said before, you originally stated you wanted rp and pvp. im telling you why the pvp end of it simply wont work.

im not complaining that its GM... I'm saying the fact that they're pretty much blessed unless you're red is stupid. that goes for blessed faction weapons too.

the human element of this game should prevent sir fucksalot. your gm should have enough tact to not recruit anyone named that... especially to an RP guild. and im sure most roleplayers would rather choose their names. i know i would.

my better idea is ditch this plan and join a guild. but if you HAD to keep this system... a fealty deal would probably work better. have underlings declare fealty to someone higher rank than them and so forth.. the one with most people under his wing is the most powerful, therefore the leader. then again.. guilds already have a fealty system similar to that although not quite the same.

there is no timeout on uog like there is on osi. you can stay logged in and idle indefinitely provided your connection holds out and the server stays up.

i agree the neon crap is a bit retarded.. but then again it makes the easy kills more identifible :) ...but the game isnt item driven as it is. you can have the worst items in the game and still go out and kill some monsters with your buddies. in other games (like daoc) that isnt possible because without the best gear you just cant compete. imo there is no need to modify the level of item dependency in uo

thats highly debatable but i'll leave it be. However, consider the entire game's health and not just the facet of it you're interested in. it MIGHT be ok from an rp standpoint, but large changes like this tend to have unforseen effects regarding both themselves and other aspects of the game. think of trammel... most people thought it was a good idea before it went in. and we all know how that turned out... i just dont want to see the same thing happen to uog

Gotchya. One thing that I know this system would do is change the economy of UOG. If players were to get involved and love this system, most wouldnt need bless deeds/neon shit/crazy leet items. This might be one reasons why the GM's wouldnt make it... those players that donate regularly for bless deeds wouldnt give as much service with this system into play. I would hate to think that they'd pull an OSI and not do something for the money...

When I stated RP with PvP, I meant a RP society with chances to choose to PvP. Factions is PvP without RP. If you wanted to fight and have a good time, you could tell an orcish leader to go get some of his orcs and go to his base, awaiting a massive attack from the Undead. How fun would that shit be?

I dont think players always need an incentive to just kill each other... I usually find I have a better time when im not killing for rank or loot. Massive battles with crosshealing and strategy is more enjoyable to me than battles focused on loot and points. Just the way I am. (Quick story - Back on LS on OSI, my guild used to sit on our island by our guildhouse and just wait for the waves of enemies to attack. We didnt give a shit about loot, and there were no points involved. They would come... bodies would fall... and, once everyone was ressed, they would prepare for another wave. I think needing loot or points is a factions perspective... and a UOG perspective).

Im also done with voting for a leader... one reason being what could stop someone from making 57328729 clan characters and having them all vote for himself? You have a 2 minute clan lord. If it was similar to factions in the sense that you could only have 1 char per account, which I agree with, then you could at least get your 3 votes, and a couple of your buddies could give you 3 more each. Its just too stupid.

I also take this from my experience in the Marine Corps. A lot of Marines are promoted Time in Grade or because of their cutting score because of how much time they've put in in a certain rank. This makes sense to me. Its not always right, but it makes sense. It takes away the popularity contest. Thats something that I agree with. But... if you did have to vote on something... I would agree on the higher ranks voting the lower ranks to be promoted. To me, they are worth having a say in the system.

Thanks for the response. I need to hit the rack... PT early. But... ill be sure to respond tomorrow.

(When I think about this system... I imagine logging on and going to brit bank to see 3 Orcs, a recruit, a warrior and one of the two Orcish legends on the server, chatting in an oricsh language that my Demonic character cant understand. I recall to my stone to find a 14 Undead invasion, a battle of which I quickly join in. Although my Demons were caught off-guard and lost the fight, they all enjoyed it and are preparing for the next battle. I see one of the elders giving orders to one group, and a leader is getting a smaller group of dexers prepared to ambush the Undead from behind, upon their arrival. This time, not only do the Undead attack from the east, but the Savages invade from the north, moving swiftly though the field, killing both character types and quickly recalling out (it had been their recent tactic... short, quick attacks... similar to guerrila warfare). Knowing we need backup, I go back to brit to grab a few more Demonic clan mates. With all of the respect my character has, no one couldve imagined I was Kenny the bank-sitter or Sasha the tamer... I have the same respect and opportunity as they do).

I dont have to go to town and worry about being killed by a 9 Orc gank... and, after the Undead cleared us out the first time, they leave. They dont sit and wait around, looting our stuff as we try to res. Of course, res killing happens because one of my clan mates wanted his Vanq hally back. All roleplaying is lost as Demons start yelling "FAG" and the undead call him a pussy. Do you see what I mean? Im tired of all of the shit... and I want something... just like that.

Elendili!

Knight
wow im just not even reading your post anymore. ever since uo came out seven years ago we have reformed and perfected this system. we do not need this proposal system to ruin rp as we know it.

mszermutzky

Wanderer
TIC - Time in Clan
From the moment a member joins a clan, the only title he will receive is a rank structure, which is based on how long that person has been in his clan. This rank structure is only active while the mask is on, and TIC is only gained while the mask is on (logging off stops the progression of TIC… this prevents someone making a random char, putting him in right away, and never using him.) This is also important because shouldn't the highest ranked person in a clan be one that plays a lot? And... this way... it cant be a popularity contest (VOTE ME FOR CL! Ill use my faction messaging to insult other guilds!) Once a mask is removed, it takes 5 minutes to re-equip the mast. An example of the rank structure is this:

Hours/Weeks Necessary to achieve Rank (Precent of the total clan‘s population) - (Rank)

0/0 (25%) - Recruit
168/1 (20%) - Initiate
504/3 (20%) - Warrior
840/5 (15%) - Leader
1176/7 (10%) - Elder
2016/12 (8%) - Elite
2520/15 (2%) - Legend

Example:
If there are already 2% of the clan as Legends, and an Elite has hit his 15 week mark, he’ll have to wait until either more join the clan, until his time becomes higher than one of the current legends, or until one of the legends leaves. This provides a balanced rank structure.

A big NO to this part.

The reason is that time being in an orc clan doesn't equal ability to roleplay and lead other orcs. By measuring rank simply by time spent in the clan (not necassarily roleplaying or even being with the clan) you will get a lot people with the wrong attitude. Roleplaying isn't about time spent within a guild, it is about staying in character.

Elendili!

Knight
exactly, imagine if klupunk was still in the clan and htat this system was already in place. We would have somone who doesnt give a damn about the clan and who wont take orders at a high rank.

Dri'Pog said:
A big NO to this part.

The reason is that time being in an orc clan doesn't equal ability to roleplay and lead other orcs. By measuring rank simply by time spent in the clan (not necassarily roleplaying or even being with the clan) you will get a lot people with the wrong attitude. Roleplaying isn't about time spent within a guild, it is about staying in character.

Being in the clan wouldnt equal an ability to roleplay and lead other orcs, your right. Earning a leadership billet would.

You mention "an ability to roleplay". Because we are talking about the rank structure and leadership, if this player is going to be wearing this mask and is going to be part of this guild for that long (15 weeks of playtime as an elite) he'll be roleplaying. Then again, you cant claim someone is a poor roleplayer if they are giving effort. Roleplay is, exactly what has been said before, what you make of it.

An idea that I thought of to fix this commonly asked question is to put Leaders and above (Leaders, Elders, Elites and Legends) as Leadership ranks, and allow only these ranks to vote for the overall leadership of the clan. That way, you cant multi-client and vote yourself or a friend, but there is also a sense of choice from who has the billet.

For example, Anyone can hit elite... but you have to be voted to being one of the Legends. So... only Leaders, Elders, Elites and Legends could vote the Legends of a clan. (The legends would have GM like responsibilities.) So, a legend could start a vote within the clan to vote someone out. That way, idiots would be kicked out, and leadership would be chosen by the true players.

Thank you for the input. I think we have perfected the rank system.

Elendili!

Knight
ahh pbbbt...........!!!

were happy with our gruntee > grunt > urdangoth > maugoth > elder > wargoth system, and i saw your spammers at brit your undead guy isnt even undead clothed. We actually like small guilds, we don't want a big system to have 300 members it would just be factions. And your mask idea for hte language would be impossible to implement.

First of all, the language idea would not be impossible. It would be the same concept as how ghosts say "OOOoooOO OoOOo" to those that are alive.

I dont care if your happy with your current system... this wont change your system. If this were implement, you could keep it.

I had no clue what to have him wear, but the clothes he was wearing reflected the undead wizards in Khaldun. Hmm?

I updated the Voting and Leadership Billets on the main post.

Elendili!

Knight
So are you suggesting that if an orc speaks it comes out in OoOos to other players, cause orcs dont use the same language. Some say me others say meeb, then thers the Rulg dabu

i say git, some say get , i add two RRs when i say or ( urr ) it just would be impossible since orcish is broken english, it all depends on how each indvisual orc sees it.

We started out as a vet orc clan so we have some speaking shadowclan, pacific, blackrock and others.

Talus said:
what are you so afraid of? What exactly isnt bullshit to you? This is actually a stand-up idea that can be easily incorporated into PvP without you doing anything different. If you dont know what im talking about then youre just blowing it out of your ass because RP guilds have been PvPing with other PvP and War guilds since, just about, the dawn of UO.

How about if you dont roleplay then all youre doing is flaming in the thread?

Stfu and let them talk. :rolleyes:

yea hes right, Icey just give it a chance its not like any one is going to physically force you into doing it, if your only here to flame then piss off :/

Icey

Sorceror
holy shit, reading over this retarded bullshit once more, i am actually with the orcs fully on this one.

stop trying to ruin rp. (and that's coming from me.)

Alexzx3

Wanderer
EvilGenius, I'm sorry man but I'd say 1 out of 3 posts in here are against it. You've been given valid reasons why it wouldn't work (not why it DOES NOT need to happen, as you made clear that was not your intent, but why it WOULD NOT work).

Any fool can have a client open for 15 weeks while they go about their regular business in another client and be a Legend. That right there completely shatters your system, regardless of whatever else you had suggested.

The only thing I like is maybe the languages, but having it appear are OooOOoo's is kind of weak.

If it were something implemented into a stand-alone shard, it could work, but not here. Too many variables and too many idiots that would find faults in the system and exploit it (I know you think you got everything covered but if a group of 10+ people make a system and it's full of problems, a system brought up by one will be disastrous).

I suggest you stick to your idea of starting a Demon guild, run your show how YOU want it run, and you'll see that if you stick to it and it's appealing enough, a system like this won't be necessary.

Do I think UOG needs something to make things better for RP'ers? Sure...why not? But this is not it.

-AM

First of all, Icey, there were current roleplayers who told me they loved the ideas and wished the system would be implemented.

One misunderstanding that everyone seems to be having is the whole language "OOOoOOoo OOoO" aspect. I said it was the same concept as how a player that is alive reads the text of a player that is dead. If you were an orc, it would not say "OooOO OoooOO" to others when you spoke, but it would have the orcish language, instead.

Seodun said:
EvilGenius, I'm sorry man but I'd say 1 out of 3 posts in here are against it. You've been given valid reasons why it wouldn't work (not why it DOES NOT need to happen, as you made clear that was not your intent, but why it WOULD NOT work).

Any fool can have a client open for 15 weeks while they go about their regular business in another client and be a Legend. That right there completely shatters your system, regardless of whatever else you had suggested.

The only thing I like is maybe the languages, but having it appear are OooOOoo's is kind of weak.

If it were something implemented into a stand-alone shard, it could work, but not here. Too many variables and too many idiots that would find faults in the system and exploit it (I know you think you got everything covered but if a group of 10+ people make a system and it's full of problems, a system brought up by one will be disastrous).

I suggest you stick to your idea of starting a Demon guild, run your show how YOU want it run, and you'll see that if you stick to it and it's appealing enough, a system like this won't be necessary.

Do I think UOG needs something to make things better for RP'ers? Sure...why not? But this is not it.

-AM

To start, it would not take 15 weeks for a player to reach Legend. It would take 15 weeks of playing time as the rank of Elite. Now do you see why this would actually take dedication? And, also, the new voting system, as posted both earlier and on the main post. Any character with a leadership rank (Leader-Elder) votes for who will be the legend and also can start a vote to kick a member out. This prevents a player from just leaving his system on and gaining "time in clan", and it also prevents a new player from making an impact on who should run the clan.

Seodun said:

Ok... thats just rediculous. Theres a poll on the top of the screen that shows 32/32... its split down the middle, with an additional 12 voting that something like this should be made. If someone agrees with the system, they dont necessairily need to post it... they just vote. So, the fact that the orcs and Icey keep repeating themselves is irrelevant.

Also... players have writted and helped change aspects that needed to be changed... but not 1 player has given a reason why it would not work. The only things that have been stated are that players dont want it because they dont want Rpers to have handouts (Icey), or that all of the current orcs/undead characters might leave their guilds and join these clans.

The ideas listed, for the last time, cannot be done just with a guildstone. Thats the point.

Icey said:
holy shit, reading over this retarded bullshit once more, i am actually with the orcs fully on this one.

stop trying to ruin rp. (and that's coming from me.)

Stating that this could ruin RP is similar to saying that factions ruined PvP. Factions may be stupid, but it DID increase PvP.

Man... Icey... I swear. You make some stupid comments.

Antarus

Wanderer
For the love of god leave UO the way it is.

Stop asking for coding changes so you can "rp" certain groups. If you want something like this go play WoW.

The only changes that need to be made are tamers using bolas and the recall timer is too fast.

kthxdundunbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.