UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Explosion pots ruin uogamers

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'
Re: Explosion pots ruin uogamers

SmiL;1743887 said:
Oh comon! you dont use pots or stun punchs? ya right.

go back bank sitting, thanks np np!

You are truly a master of logic.

I PK/PvP solo with a tank mage. There's no room on the template for wrestling or alchemy. If I did have room though, I'd start by adding healing, then inscription. I still hold that there's a huge difference between winning, and winning honorably and with style. Not everyone needs cheap, unblockable tactics to be effective.

wocka

Sorceror

lol smil is crying so hard core.. he acts like hes afraid hes gonna loose the only thing he has to kill people, explotion pots. because without them half the people who use them on uogamers would most likely not kill anyone. i think its bogus too. i played osi in 99 and shit was legit n fun. now i walk around trying to solo and get run down by a dexxer with pots..

im not gonna cry next week about vanqs because a vanq is a vanq, theres nothing wrong with it. or how ur mage is a stun mage.. all of those are not soo over powered like an explosion pot doing 25 dmg or w/e it is. whos bright idea was this to implement this kind of pot throwing? probly some one behind the curtain wanted to rule in faction wars..

wocka

Sorceror

imo explosion pots need to be fixed before faction tracking.. it all seems like its a big loop hole for factioners to get ahead.

make explosion pots affect everyone in the area like a REAL explosion pot

KarmannSport

Sorceror

I understand the need for explosion pots. They are the cure for the constant pussy ass, high speed running that has taken place in UO since, 1. Everyone got high speed internet, and 2. Everyone got mounts (there was a time when mounts were hard to come by in oldschool UO).

That being said, they should do damage to everyone. All AOE spells/potions should. That's the check that should be in place to counter chain bombing exp pots. It gives consequence to not using some sort of restraint in mindlessly chucking them about. And as stated before, it was fun to town kill with them.

Amazonia

Sorceror

Or pots could just take 10 seconds to throw... that would still hurt hiding pussies, but it would avoid the exp pot ganks... and still be used in town with no worries of accidental press.

Just change the AoE back to how it was so that it hurts everyone in the blast radius. I don't understand why it was ever changed, or why it is taking so long to change back considering everyone wants it back (well, at least nearly everyone).

Amazonia

Sorceror

We would have a new problem: More town killing. :)

I like to occasionally town kill, but it requires too much patience.

But yeah, AoE would just help me more.

Mara

Knight

Changing AOE back to the way it was for a short while doesn't really solve many problems. It just changes them. It makes it so that blues can't use any AOE spells or pots because people go hide next to other blues just to give the person attacking them counts. It used to happen all the time. It also makes it so that reds can't come into town and kill someone that has attacked them, because they hide or invis next to a bunch of afkers or non-combatants. No matter what they change the system to, people exploit the mechanics to play the game in a lame ass manner.

That being said, explosion pot and lightning wand spamming is lame as well - so changing the timer on these things to one use per ten seconds would go a long way to getting rid of these tactics. But currently the system just isn't all that balanced so that you could just do away with pot damage and have everything be fine. It is almost impossible to kill a competent player who can chug greater heal and cure pots, with just a dexer skill, or magery alone, or even a combination or the two if they know what they are doing. With high enough AR and the appropriate mage spells, dexer damage is pathetically low unless you are using either a high end war hammer,hally, or are a lumberjacker. If they did switch things up with the pots, they would likely need to adjust a lot of other things too to enable people to effectively still kill eachother.

girtrute

Wanderer

Theres just much more skill to the game when pots arent involved. anyone can stun punch and set razor to throw pots at 2.8 secs exp flamestrike lightning wand. its all so simple to set becouse of second programs like razor.just make it illegal to use pots with razor thatll solve the problem. but seriously pot spame throwing didnt come like that till about trammel/aos time the biggest pussy movement in uo history.
For those yall that say this is hybrid and they take from all the times well i guess they should add chivalry and necro to. though i wouldnt mind chivalry, necro would be bs on this server.

lol ya i've been thinking about trying one of these "t2a era" servers but then u got insta hally hit gayness. there is just gayness all over the place! any way someone can kill someone in the cheapest and easiest fashion will do so. if there were cheat codes for uo everyone would use them. staff has hard decisions to make though because there are a lot of people that want them and a lot that don't. same with other issues. i say END VENT MAKE IT ILLEGAL. that is what TRUELY ruins the game.

sclark369

Sorceror

amen anyone who used to play osi should know explo pots were not standard, and for whatever reason here it seems people never miss their pots on me. I would be satisfied if they went to damaging all players, like they were originally intended to do.

i remember coming into town on osi me and a friend before when you could start multiple exp pots at once and landing them all on some poor noob at the bank and killing him. haha so funny. and people getting guard whacked for clicking the pots. was aweeeeesome.

Moosebish

Wanderer

I just don't understand why people can run and chuck explosion pots all day but they don't allow running and shooting a bow. Its the same thing except you might actually miss with a bow...

Alchys really ruined it for me...

Moosebish;1744333 said:
I just don't understand why people can run and chuck explosion pots all day but they don't allow running and shooting a bow. Its the same thing except you might actually miss with a bow...

Alchys really ruined it for me...

i never thought of it that way.... that is true! i wish there some kind of concept that would allow archery to be viable again :( i really miss it. i was raised on archery.

grylant

Sorceror

ok change the aoe back to how it was, but dont stop with the purple potions. its not fair to just make that the only fixed aoe change the fields and eq ms back to universal then make it so a blues ev and bs hits blues as well. i remember old school how no one used fields or aoe's. i am one of those dicks that if you use one i will sure as hell jump on it to gw you or make ur ass grey so we can kill you.
purple pots are fine. i have a shitty ass connection and my comp that i am playing on is complete shat. my laptop, which i normally play on, is fried so im stuck with a computer as old as uo. yet ironically i still manage to get away from pot chuckers as long as im not in say yew where i lag to hell.
and i use a multitude of chars my tamer never dies to pot chuckers my main pvper is a stun heal mage and i sure as hell never die with him unless i lag to hell. the only problem i have with pot chuckers is a character without magery. but all of my dexxers have alcy so i chuck back.
its a game of skill. you say that it takes no skill to chuck pots. sure that may well be. the skill comes in when you survive the attack. if you have skill you will win if not, guess what you died dont bitch go get more prepared. why say fuck the guy that is more prepared than i am for pvp. if he brings 30 exp pots and is say a macer and you only have 10 ref pots then whose fault is that?
people bitching about this kind of stuff is what brought along trammel. so i end this with get your ass in trammel, sit at the damn bank, BE MORE PREPARED, or get more skilled in the art of not dieing in general.

girtrute

Wanderer

Suil Ban;1744341 said:
explosion potions deal 30 damage every 8-9 seconds

gheal heals 50 damage every 2 seconds or so

lightning wands deal 20 damage every 2 seconds or so, with the exact same delay as a gheal

heal pots heal 20~ damage every 10 seconds

bandages heal 70 damage every 12-14 seconds

throw your friends into the mix and there's no way you should die to anything but a sync

not that one-track pvp is exactly my style, but you guys act like wands and pots are easy mode insta-win. why don't you grab some wands and pots and go fail just as hard as you were before? you can't just destroy a template because you don't like it. you're supposed to tone it down, not make it impossible to play. it's people like you that have hunters flipping out over lich king on wow. it's people like you whose incessant whining got trammel implemented in the first place.

'fix aoe,' you cry. yes, let's just fucking ruin every factioner with alchy and force them to re-roll their template. it's a lot of fun when you can't throw a pot anywhere in town without some asshole dismounting to get you guardwhacked.
what are you talking about,throwing pots never was like that till after trammel times. and its always been aoe affect.sounds like someone is crying about not being able to hide behind timed pots.
its not pots thats the problem ,its the secondary programs people use to use them.