UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Explosion pots ruin uogamers

wocka

Sorceror
Explosion pots ruin uogamers

why the hell are people alot to throw explosion pots off the screen and stilll hit you. wtf is pvp for if people just run around throwing explo pots.. makes this shard fuking shitty

wocka

Sorceror
Re: Explosion pots ruin uogamers

so why are people allowed to run a explosion pot macro.. this isnt uo. its getting rediculous, makes me not even wanna play because im too old school to even want to pvp like that. uogamers fucked itself by letting people throw explosion kegs.. this isnt pvp

Orgazmo

Knight

I used to play old Catskills and they use to have a timer allowing the amount of pots to be thrown....Doesnt really have much effect in my pvp besides factions... eh sit back and deal.... :(

Early Grace

Wanderer

There is no macro, pots have a variable 3 or 4 timer so you couldn't make a macro to do it.

wocka

Sorceror

well its whack and it ruins pvp.. i could only imagine all the angry young players that just get spammed with a explosion pot.. if there were no explosion pots pvp would be so much purer and left to the skill of the player

now its just like who has more pots

i beg to differ i know of a macro that works with the variable timer. although 75% of the time it works. the others when the 3 pops up it forces you to throw manually. ive seen it but refuse to use it not worth it and doesnt seem to be beneficial unless your just a noob alchy.

Ices

Wanderer

There's nothing wrong with explosion pots, just go back to the old AOE rules so it affects everyone, even innocents. There will be a lot more people trying to jump explosion pots to kill the people throwing them, and it will make people use them less frequently. Right now there's absolutely no risk to using an explosion pot other than having it blow up in your hand, which isn't that much risk in my opinion.

Ices;1743425 said:
There's nothing wrong with explosion pots, just go back to the old AOE rules so it affects everyone, even innocents. There will be a lot more people trying to jump explosion pots to kill the people throwing them, and it will make people use them less frequently. Right now there's absolutely no risk to using an explosion pot other than having it blow up in your hand, which isn't that much risk in my opinion.

honestly this is prob the best idea ive heard in awhile. it actually goes back to throwing having a consequence and actually requiring talent and intelligence instead of spamming for the win.

wocka

Sorceror

yah they need some risk in them because its just being thrown around like candy

Amazonia

Sorceror

Ices;1743425 said:

Pfft.. i always accidentally press exp pot potion button, I would get guardwhacked in town all the time..

thats why there is an option to turn off your binds while talking or bank sitting or whenever you feel you may make a mistake. dont carry pots into town or have them pouched and bank them when you get in town. also solves the thieving problems with your regs and shit.

Amazonia

Sorceror

Lol... I don't banksit unless I'm waiting for someone, so It would be a pain to turn it off every 30 seconds just cause ive stuff to drop in bank. :/ My exp pot is F10, so if I press Allnames, which is F11 im fucked up. Anyway, thats true that exp pots are a pain, but in the other hand, thats a good way to mess with thieves that keeps hiding.

wocka

Sorceror

be more careful when u throw pots.. this should be implemented to give people who dont throw pots justice

Early Grace

Wanderer

I know of more than one way to make a razor macro for this that works 75% of the time... but by working I mean it works all the time. :)

wocka said:
well its whack and it ruins pvp.. i could only imagine all the angry young players that just get spammed with a explosion pot.. if there were no explosion pots pvp would be so much purer and left to the skill of the player

now its just like who has more pots

A. This is like saying, good argument I have no way to defend my argument other than saying "well its wack..."

B. You can't spam explosion pots, besides the 3 4 timers there is a slight cool down.

C. You can g-heal when timed correctly through a pot, you can g heal pot, you can bandaid, you can off screen, you can run around a corner, you can heal wand, you can hide, you can invis, you can teleport...

D. Please define pure? Like back in an old rule set that this server does not feature. It takes allot of skill to throw pots correctly and time them otherwise you'd be using them also if it was so easy. Plus if you miss the throw or throw too late it will blow up on you and hurt you.

Ices

Wanderer

There's a 2 second delay between throwing an explosion pot and starting another one at the most. That's only a 2 second delay if you get a 3 count instead of a 4 count. That's hardly a cooldown. However, I have no problem with the time between throws. I have a problem with it only affecting people you flag on.

Also, It's not our fault that you have your explosion pot macro next to your allnames macro. Learn to hit the right key or put it on a more complicated hotkey, like ctrl + something.

EDIT- Gcures don't ALWAYS cure DP.