UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Explosion pots ruin uogamers

wocka

Sorceror
Re: Explosion pots ruin uogamers

its not that i dont know how to use them.. i just dont want to. i think its a cheap way to pvp. wat ur saying is pretty much implying why not have everyone run around with two mares.. thats about as cheap as throwing pots

Reaves

Wanderer

Ices;1743425 said:
There's nothing wrong with explosion pots, just go back to the old AOE rules so it affects everyone, even innocents. There will be a lot more people trying to jump explosion pots to kill the people throwing them, and it will make people use them less frequently. Right now there's absolutely no risk to using an explosion pot other than having it blow up in your hand, which isn't that much risk in my opinion.

I blow myself 50% of the time :(

Ices

Wanderer

Reaves;1743493 said:
I blow myself 50% of the time :(

Quit using a macro to throw the pot then? That way if you last target and they're out of range, you can still throw the pot away and avoid damaging yourself.

Icey

Sorceror

wocka;1743395 said:
why the hell are people alot to throw explosion pots off the screen and stilll hit you. wtf is pvp for if people just run around throwing explo pots.. makes this shard fuking shitty

q f t

Icey

Sorceror

just like to say i just fought a dexer in cyclops valley who threw no less than 30 purple potions at me while i was trying to evade him

luckily another red came and chased him off but i probably would have died to this no-skilled faggot because i would have ran out of refresh potions soon enough. i don't carry half a keg like the dickfaces on this shard do

I agree it makes for cookie cutter templates. Theres no real diversity in mage templates. Just to be able to compete on an even playing field I dropped GM scribe and took up alchemy. But its not just EXP pots here, runic weaps are an issue too I was very shocked to see one of EA's 4 biggest idiot moves (tram,runic's,power scrolls, AOS) on this server.

Ices;1743425 said:
There's nothing wrong with explosion pots, just go back to the old AOE rules so it affects everyone

100% agree.

As for being old school.... People used to be on dialup so you did not see near the amount of cowards running from a fight. The way I see it if you are gonna attack...fight to the death. If you are gonna run...I will pot you down.

Phooey

Knight

Ices;1743425 said:
There's nothing wrong with explosion pots, just go back to the old AOE rules so it affects everyone, even innocents. There will be a lot more people trying to jump explosion pots to kill the people throwing them, and it will make people use them less frequently. Right now there's absolutely no risk to using an explosion pot other than having it blow up in your hand, which isn't that much risk in my opinion.

I agree. It isn't explo pots that are messed up, its AOE.

wocka

Sorceror

thats exactly wat i was trying to say, i vote make them effect everyone in the area like a real grenade would or meteor swarm

Formater

Knight

Suil Ban;1743487 said:
i eat cock and am gay irl

QFT ;p

Tessa is right as usual. Make pots affect EVERYONE (spells too for that matter). To hell with these red/blue rules.

Verrat

Wanderer

why were explosion potions and meteor swarm ever changed to their current state of idiocy to begin with?

both are supposed to hit everyone in the area regardless of flags. making it the way it is now just makes it so every raging jackass that is capable of smearing their drooling face across the keyboard can use them in conjunction with a gaggle of their fellow birth defects without fear of friendly fire.

Kaplar

Sorceror

wocka;1743410 said:
so why are people allowed to run a explosion pot macro.. this isnt uo. its getting rediculous, makes me not even wanna play because im too old school to even want to pvp like that. uogamers fucked itself by letting people throw explosion kegs.. this isnt pvp

now there's my kind of PvP... toss barrels, dump'em on da knuckluhz

hoglegs

Sorceror

AoE on UOGamers won't go back to its original function, mainly because of factioners crying due to getting guardwhacked for tossing explosion pots in town. It also causes them to get murder counts and get ganked by tons of blues outside of town, interrupting their awesome faction eliteness, which, in turn, causes more crying. Damn babies.. I'm all for AoE working CORRECTLY. GM's please make it so.. PLEASE.

girtrute

Wanderer

Yes timed pots and runic are the closest things we have to trammel and aos. ive actualy been able to set this to a razor macro and id say it goes off about 80% of the time and whoa is it cheap. i think razor is the real problem secondary programs have always gimped the game. i remember when there was no last target and people would use secondary program for it even though it was illegal at the time.
while there at making pots hit everyone again they should make reds get guard wacked intown auto like it was during t2a. also there was none this chase and spam pots during t2a even after people got cable modems, it wasnt up until about trammel time.
theres no skill in holding down a button.
also they need to make poisoning trainable on the animals that can train it.
also alot of people in factions ignor that its illegal to have auto cure set.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

wocka;1743395 said:
i'm oldschool

You're 18. You were 10 when UO:R came out. I guess it's possible you played when the real old school days happened, but if you did, you were 8 or 9.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Did you seriously have to fuck with the font and color on every single line? Holy shit, this is annoying to quote.

Early Grace;1743448 said:
B. You can't spam explosion pots, besides the 3 4 timers there is a slight cool down.

It's a total of less than 5 seconds per potion. Proof: 6 potions in 29 seconds

C. You can g-heal when timed correctly through a pot, you can g heal pot, you can bandaid, you can off screen, you can run around a corner, you can heal wand, you can hide, you can invis, you can teleport...

You can greater heal maybe a dozen times, then you're out of mana. Meanwhile the guy bombarding you probably has more potions than that, or is making them as he goes, and it sure is a good thing that whoever you're fighting just lets you cast. I mean, who would have the audacity to hit you with a weapon or dump on you or disrupt your heals or poison you while you're healing!?

G-heal pot: Once every 10 seconds.
GE pot: Once every 5.
One GH pot will heal almost as much damage as one GE will do. You do the math.

I haven't tested this, but I'm willing to bet purple potions do more damage over time than it's possible to heal with bandages, even if you're not being poisoned and damaged in other ways. Besides, what portion of PvPers even has healing? Even if it was a legitimate counter (which it's not), the fact that it's not available to every PvP template would make it a relatively poor one.

Off-screening! I hadn't thought of that! It's a good thing all PvP takes place in the field, and not in any kind of situation like, oh I don't know, a duel or a tournament, where off-screening is impossible. It's also good that purple potions freeze the user in place so they can't just chase the guy trying to run away from them. And it's unthinkable that the same people who'd use purple pots would use stun, para blow, or bolas. But you can just break those first 2 with pouches like the spell, right? Right? I'm sure no one will point out the fact that off-screening is generally frowned upon, either...

Ah, yes. Running around corners. That's what I think of when I think of good PvP. True, this does work sometimes, again if there are corners available in the given venue, and you're not stunned or otherwise immobilized. But there are no corners in much of the woods, or open areas of dungeons, or T2A, or on the water, or in caves and mines.

I guess we could resort to heal wands, until they run out of charges. And if we don't need to use weapons. And if our templates allow it. Still, that's an awfully expensive counter to a potion that costs less than 50 gp.

Hiding? Who the hell has hiding? Unfortunately, purple potions are a so-called "area effect" weapon (even though they currently only hit your enemeis, go figure). That means they'll still hit you even if you're hidden or invisible. Thanks to smart last target, the alchemist can just target the floor around you, and he won't even lose his last target when you reveal yourself to try to save your life. The end result is that you've taken the damage and wasted a few seconds, and there's another purple already ticking in his hand. You can't hide if you're in his line of sight anyway, and odds are he's not cooking a potion if that's the case.

Invisibility is a great idea! See hiding above, then add "you're down 20 mana" to the outcome. Bra-vo!

You missed one - rushing the alchemist in an effort to make him hit himself in addition to you. Also a pretty crappy idea, because even if he does hit himself, he hits you, too. Furthermore, if it happens to be an alchy-dexxer, you get whacked to boot.

How can you think any of that is balanced?

It takes allot of skill to throw pots correctly and time them otherwise you'd be using them also if it was so easy. Plus if you miss the throw or throw too late it will blow up on you and hurt you.

If a high number of people using something is an indicator that it's easy, then guess what must not be hard? Haha, who on this shard doesn't have an alchemy-based PvP character? I choose not to use it because I consider it to be cheap. I also don't use stun punch or a handful of other lame tactics because anything that doesn't have a legitimate counter doesn't belong in PvP. You don't have to agree with me, and you can keep using your weak arguments to defend your weak tactics, but you'll continue to get schooled by people of a higher calibre, on and off the battlefield.