UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Explosion pots ruin uogamers

Fuddrucker

Wanderer
Re: Explosion pots ruin uogamers

Suil Ban;1744674 said:
I've played since T2A. I didn't start playing an alchy on Hybrid until 2007. I'm not saying I can't play the game without them. I'm just saying that there's no reason to change htem.

Apparently we had some sort of 7 year old UO god on our hands then.

Blous3s

Wanderer

lol seriously explo pots arent a problem... the only time they suck is when ur bolad and the dude has a hammer. but hey being bolad would suck even if they didnt have explo pots correct? and maybe instead of just bitching about the pots why not adapt ur playstyle and get good? idk go alchy duel so u can figure out how to beat them... or u can continue bitching, personally i dont care i dont even know why im posting haha

sclark369

Sorceror

well the whole three or four second pot timer is pretty lame. if this is the case then it should be public knowledge on how to macro/script the pots to hit every time. I've tried doing it without timers and i hit maybe 70%. I've seen people who NEVER miss as long as they are on the same screen. They can't be doing the same thing i'm doing.

Raz-hybrid

Wanderer

Blouses;1744769 said:
and maybe instead of just bitching about the pots why not adapt ur playstyle and get good?

This isn't an argument, or even a good point. You could insert anything in that argument. If everybody is doing the same thing in order to compete, the ruleset is not balanced.

Period.

Blous3s

Wanderer

but the thing is everyone can use purple pots alchemy just gives a bonus... and with many different templates ie mages AND dexxers, so therefore its still balanced its not like everyone is using one template there are still hybrid mages, pure dexxers, heal mages, scribe mages, nox mages etc... am i right?

Mara

Knight

Blouses;1744795 said:
but the thing is everyone can use purple pots alchemy just gives a bonus... and with many different templates ie mages AND dexxers, so therefore its still balanced its not like everyone is using one template there are still hybrid mages, pure dexxers, heal mages, scribe mages, nox mages etc... am i right?

Yeah, you are right.

Ankoku15

Sorceror

wocka;1743395 said:
why the hell are people alot to throw explosion pots off the screen and stilll hit you. wtf is pvp for if people just run around throwing explo pots.. makes this shard fuking shitty

no, actually people like you ruin UOGamers

go bitch elsewhere, if you don't like it maybe you belong on a server that has trammel

girtrute

Wanderer

Suil Ban;1744432 said:
UOAssist was approved for UOPro in '99, and was popular even before that. Please get your facts straight.
uoassist was actualy being used late 98 and was illegal at the time becouse there was no last target and uo assist allowed you to last target. but the pot throwing macros ran by these secondary programs was never made on these programs till after trammel. u were a 6 year old kid if you played when i played.
and makeing everyone have to use pots is just bs. pots shouldnt be the deciding factor in pvp on here .it is how easy u can use them do to the macros that make them bs.
people that need pots macro's to kill someone are the trammels. no ones talking about not fighting were talking about making the game how it was during t2a era not pots to win era.

They do suck, and do ruin a aspect of the game.

Honestly They are easy to counter, unless you have 2+ alchy's throwing at u.

Run towards a blue healer, stand right next to your opponent when they throw, corners.

Code Blue

Knight

What a stupid thread...

You are all crying about exp pots...

Not to mention these are the same people who cry and whine about Meteor Swarm and Earthquake.

If you dont want to pvp stay in brit or play a shard with trammel

Raz-hybrid

Wanderer

INDK;1744984 said:
What a stupid thread...

You are all crying about exp pots...

Not to mention these are the same people who cry and whine about Meteor Swarm and Earthquake.

If you dont want to pvp stay in brit or play a shard with trammel

I lost 5 IQ just from reading this.

Code Blue

Knight

Raz-hybrid;1744987 said:
I lost 5 IQ just from reading this.

Oh Rly....

At least i can make a proper sentence.

"5 IQ"...?

I think you are missing a word in there someplace..

Raz-hybrid

Wanderer

INDK;1744989 said:
Oh Rly....

At least i can make a proper sentence.

"5 IQ"...?

I think you are missing a word in there someplace..

Grammar Nazism, the last refuge of those who have no point whatsoever.

GTFO.

Or, as you would say,

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ LOLLolOlloL Yur all n00bz for talking about Ga3m B4lanc3!1!!11 oLolOLL! L2P N00Bz!1!1

The grownups are trying to discuss things. Go camp Brit GY.

Ices

Wanderer

I'm not saying they're overpowered. I'm saying they have little to no risk for extra damage that anyone can use. Don't want to get guardwhacked? Don't use an AOE potion or spell in town. It's that simple. Putting AOE back to what it's supposed to be isn't nerfing it, it's making it so everybody and their brother doesn't chuck pots mindlessly with no risk.

Risk vs reward, that's where it's at.

wocka

Sorceror

exactly, where not whineing because they do so much damage. were whining because theres no risk to throwing them. which obviously should be cuz its getting out of control. i never knew something exploding doesnt hit everyone in the area.. common sense

Raz-hybrid

Wanderer

wocka;1745007 said:
exactly, where not whineing because they do so much damage. were whining because theres no risk to throwing them. which obviously should be cuz its getting out of control. i never knew something exploding doesnt hit everyone in the area.. common sense

While that fixes a lot of the problem, it doesn't really fix the fact that people with autochuck macros, combined with the ability to machinegun heal/cure potions pretty much invalidates classic mage templates, etc for pvp, as they are simply outclassed, especially with poison being almost completely worthless as a result. Is making a staple tactic of magery and poisoned weapons completely useless intended?

Putting AOE back in may fix factions, but it wouldn't fix general balance, I think.

Another way to think about it, is that the reason the AOE was removed was because everyone was trying to use Alchy templates in Factions, correct? Meaning that it was already beginning to take over the templates because it was such a strong build, and as a result of the tide, the AOE was changed to make it viable in factions too.