UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Emo? USA V UK...

Lorthic

Knight
Re: Emo? USA V UK...

Armadillo/Minime said:
If they wanted to be goth they'd listen to goth music and dress like goths. The music is different so is the "style" if you want to call it a style. Who the fuck cares what kind of music some dude listens to or if they don't dress like you. Is that really all ya got talk about? you fucking emofag

Actually... "goth" was a culture. They didn't decide they were goths because of some music they heard or how they saw people dressed. There was gothic architecture, and dress. Gothic fineries (blades, bows, etc.). You're ignorant to assume what you just did, without even coming close to the true meaning of said word.

Silk-hybrid

Wanderer

FearBeforeTheMarchOFlames said:
i listen to a lot of screamo/post hardcore/hardcore.. which of course ties into emo.. everyone hates on it, but i'd have to say people hate on it because everyone else does.and most of the emo that is heard is TRL shit like fall out boy. thats where everyone gets the idea of it being bad

I'm interested in what you believe to be hardcore. Hardcore has nothing to do with fucking emo.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Silk said:
I'm interested in what you believe to be hardcore. Hardcore has nothing to do with fucking emo.

Actually alot of screamo and hardcore is classed as emo.

Generally post hardcore and industrial is not classed as hardcore.

I would tell you some screamo bands but I very much doubt you have heard of them, as I only listen to English screamo.

People dress how they like, although alot of the time it is influenced by the music they listen to, so don’t start slating people for the clothes they wear, when I go to see a band I put on my boots some black jeans and a black T-shirt, hell I even wear a leather trench coat. Say what you like I don’t give a fuck, every other day I wear a suit shirt and tie.

People listen to a certain genre of music because believe it or not THEY LIKE IT.

Nobody wakes up one morning and decides; wow it would make me look cool to listen to rap/grunge/punk/ska so I'll do it.

Conversations like this is what drove me away from the K! boards, people would bicker, OMG NO THAT BAND SX COZ DEY ARE NOT REALLY HARDCORE THEY ARE NU-METAL.

What is it with societies need to brand and judge everyone, let people be who they want to be and express themselves how they wish.

:swear:

Rant over ^_~

Hummdinger

Sorceror

_Choru_ said:
Goth's dont wear baggy clothes, thats sk8rs
[e sigh
When was the last time you watched a skate video/espn and you saw someone skating with baggy clothes? That's just a sterotype for people that try to skate but can't bc it's too hard. =[[[

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Well over here the skaters wear baggy jeans n shit, along with the skater groupies who cant skate, but just like to hang :p

Silk-hybrid

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
Actually alot of screamo and hardcore is classed as emo.

Generally post hardcore and industrial is not classed as hardcore.

I would tell you some screamo bands but I very much doubt you have heard of them, as I only listen to English screamo.

People dress how they like, although alot of the time it is influenced by the music they listen to, so don’t start slating people for the clothes they wear, when I go to see a band I put on my boots some black jeans and a black T-shirt, hell I even wear a leather trench coat. Say what you like I don’t give a fuck, every other day I wear a suit shirt and tie.

People listen to a certain genre of music because believe it or not THEY LIKE IT.

Nobody wakes up one morning and decides; wow it would make me look cool to listen to rap/grunge/punk/ska so I'll do it.

Conversations like this is what drove me away from the K! boards, people would bicker, OMG NO THAT BAND SX COZ DEY ARE NOT REALLY HARDCORE THEY ARE NU-METAL.

What is it with societies need to brand and judge everyone, let people be who they want to be and express themselves how they wish.

:swear:

Rant over ^_~

Hardcore = not emo... not going to tell you which bands truely are hardcore or not but if you think true hardcore bands sound anything like emo whatsoever you're sadly mistaken.

Megumi

Wanderer

x.y.z said:
lol wow you really hate emo.. scary eh. Nah i dont know anyone who would say that about there life lol plus thats a goth again.. lol

Nd most people are trendy/emo kinda look if not they are usually ned's (chav). :)

Not where i fucking live they're not.

Megumi

Wanderer

Spend 5 minutes talking to Mentality TC and you'll understand what Emo is.

J/K Ment <3

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Silk said:
Hardcore = not emo... not going to tell you which bands truely are hardcore or not but if you think true hardcore bands sound anything like emo whatsoever you're sadly mistaken.

Hey man if you really want to have this arguement we can do it, if however you think you're going to win, you're sadly mistaken.

Many bands can fall into several different genre's of music.

A bband that generaly produces death metal can then turn around and produce an industrial track. Meaning they are in both genres.

Alot of hardcore music can and is seen as emo, obviosuly this does not mean that all hardcore is also emo, thats not at all what I said.

Megumi

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
Hey man if you really want to have this arguement we can do it, if however you think you're going to win, you're sadly mistaken.

Many bands can fall into several different genre's of music.

A bband that generaly produces death metal can then turn around and produce an industrial track. Meaning they are in both genres.

Alot of hardcore music can and is seen as emo, obviosuly this does not mean that all hardcore is also emo, thats not at all what I said.
Let's Simplify this:

Good guitar work (Heavy/Industrial), Good guitar work (Indi/Classic rock), Classical, Shit.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

No wait, indie is just for stupid people that got lost in HMV and couldnt find the Metal stand ^_~

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

No muse are just faggots :<

Lud, go find some Johnny Truent not only are they totally shite, they are both hardcore and emo.

Megumi

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
No muse are just faggots :<

Lud, go find some Johnny Truent not only are they totally shite, they are both hardcore and emo.

I'd rather go listen to Nightwish while spreading honey on my nut sac and teabaging a nest of fire ants.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Yea, I'd have to agree, they are that bad.

Better than the Spice Gurls I guess :(